This topic contains 42 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar blood 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Too cool
    Participant

What are your 2014 All Star teams this year?

West

Backcourt: CP3, Curry

Frontcourt: KD, Love, Howard

Bench: Harden, Westbrook, Griffin, Davis, Duncan, Aldridge, Lillard

East

Backcourt: Irving, Wade

Frontcourt: James, George, Hibbert

Bench: Melo, Lopez, Wall, Horford, Drummond, Bosh, Green

My starters are projected by the votes of the fans when the ballots are complete.

wrector
    Participant

How did you omit Kobe? I know he’s injured but his timetable has him returning in time for the ASG.

wrector
      Participant

Wtf? lol He’s leading all West guards in voting why the fuck wouldn’t he start if he were healthy? lmao

t-love
        Participant

To put it simply, he has just fallen off from what people expect from Kobe Bryant.

2013 Kobe Stats (from basketballreference.com and espn.go.com):

PPG: 13.8 (in perspective, thats his lowest scoring average since the 96-97 sesaon when he averaged 7,6 PPG as a rookie. In 97-98 he scored 15.4, the third lowest mark of his career.) Harden is putting up 24.4.

FG%: .425, also the lowest since he was a rookie. Harden, who isn’t known for great shooting percentages is at .450 and scoring 11 more PPG.

3 pt shooting: Kobe was taking 3.3 3 pointers per game and hitting .188% of them, a career low.

Assists: 6.3 per game, a career high and the top mark this season among SG’s, I’ll give him that, but he’s not even blowing the competition away or anything. Harden is right behind him with 5.8 a game, but for the ASG we dont care if youre a 1 or a 2 guard. Guards are thrown into one big pool where Kobe would tie with Conley for 15th in APG. Meanwhile we have Curry (9.3APG/24.5PPG), Westbrook (6.9APG/21.0PPG), and Bledsoe (6.4APG/19.2PPG) who are capable of starting at the 2 in the ASG who all average better scoring and assist numbers than the Mamba, then you also have parker and Lillard (6.0APG/17.5PPG) and 5.9APG/21.3PPG respectively) who are pretty much right there with Kobe on the assist level but still besting him in scoring.

Turnovers: 5.7 per game, a ridiculous number and a career high.

And for you advanced stats fellas, his per of 11.6 is his worst ever. (he registered 14.4 as a rookie off the bench for the 2nd lowest mark)

I know he was adjusting to coming off an injury and his minutes werrent as high as they usually are but if you look at his per 36 stats you’d see plenty of abnormal lows.

To conclude, I think Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Bledsoe, and Parker all deserve a starting guard spot more than Kobe, who’s playing some of the worst ball of his career.

The whole situation shows how fan voting really F***s some guys over in the ASG. Kobe will probably get voted in based on his popularity and reputation while his selection is denying the new guard a chance to show their stuff on one of the NBA’s biggest stages. Not to mention achancethatthestatsshowtheyaremoredeservingofbasedontheirlevelofplaythanVino,who may lose that nickname he begins to get worse with age.

t-love
        Participant

To put it simply, he has just fallen off from what people expect from Kobe Bryant.

2013 Kobe Stats (from basketballreference.com and espn.go.com):

PPG: 13.8 (in perspective, thats his lowest scoring average since the 96-97 sesaon when he averaged 7,6 PPG as a rookie. In 97-98 he scored 15.4, the third lowest mark of his career.) Harden is putting up 24.4.

FG%: .425, also the lowest since he was a rookie. Harden, who isn’t known for great shooting percentages is at .450 and scoring 11 more PPG.

3 pt shooting: Kobe was taking 3.3 3 pointers per game and hitting .188% of them, a career low.

Assists: 6.3 per game, a career high and the top mark this season among SG’s, I’ll give him that, but he’s not even blowing the competition away or anything. Harden is right behind him with 5.8 a game, but for the ASG we dont care if youre a 1 or a 2 guard. Guards are thrown into one big pool where Kobe would tie with Conley for 15th in APG. Meanwhile we have Curry (9.3APG/24.5PPG), Westbrook (6.9APG/21.0PPG), and Bledsoe (6.4APG/19.2PPG) who are capable of starting at the 2 in the ASG who all average better scoring and assist numbers than the Mamba, then you also have parker and Lillard (6.0APG/17.5PPG) and 5.9APG/21.3PPG respectively) who are pretty much right there with Kobe on the assist level but still besting him in scoring.

Turnovers: 5.7 per game, a ridiculous number and a career high.

And for you advanced stats fellas, his per of 11.6 is his worst ever. (he registered 14.4 as a rookie off the bench for the 2nd lowest mark)

I know he was adjusting to coming off an injury and his minutes werrent as high as they usually are but if you look at his per 36 stats you’d see plenty of abnormal lows.

To conclude, I think Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Bledsoe, and Parker all deserve a starting guard spot more than Kobe, who’s playing some of the worst ball of his career.

The whole situation shows how fan voting really F***s some guys over in the ASG. Kobe will probably get voted in based on his popularity and reputation while his selection is denying the new guard a chance to show their stuff on one of the NBA’s biggest stages. Not to mention achancethatthestatsshowtheyaremoredeservingofbasedontheirlevelofplaythanVino,who may lose that nickname he begins to get worse with age.

wrector
          Participant

I never said he deserved it. If he get’s voted a starter…he’s a starter. Barring injury. I guess that difficult to understand for the people who negged lol

wrector
          Participant

I never said he deserved it. If he get’s voted a starter…he’s a starter. Barring injury. I guess that difficult to understand for the people who negged lol

wrector
      Participant

Wtf? lol He’s leading all West guards in voting why the fuck wouldn’t he start if he were healthy? lmao

wrector
    Participant

How did you omit Kobe? I know he’s injured but his timetable has him returning in time for the ASG.

UnbiasedObserver
    Participant

Demarcus Cousins should be a reserve on the All Star squad. But the Kings can never win enough games for him to get the nod. He’s been playing like a top 3 center all year. Shame…

UnbiasedObserver
    Participant

Demarcus Cousins should be a reserve on the All Star squad. But the Kings can never win enough games for him to get the nod. He’s been playing like a top 3 center all year. Shame…

aivsdirk
    Participant

West starters: PG-cp3, SG-westbrook, SF-durant, PF-aldridge, C-howard.

West bench: curry, harden, dirk, love, lee, parker;one more spot

Last spot i got 3 plus 1 guys & cant pick 1 yet and why should i its not even 2014(im biased for dirk my team is the MAVS, but still dallas last year without him versus this year with him is enough said. Blake Griffin, Clipps were a losing team without chris paul now they are a loser in the 1st round with him. Blake is a all-highlight guy but not a clear cut all-star who makes a difference on a night-to-night basis towards wins in my opinion. I also got Lawson who has obviously separated himself from the rest of his fellow really, good players the nuggets have, and is keep them in the playoff hunt until danilo comes back to share the load. Llilard what do you do. He hasnt gotten better from last season, shootin 40% from the field thats definitely not all-star quality plus only 5.9 assists per game, still he deserves a mention, just look at portland.

East starters: PG-Wall, SG-Wade, F-James F-George, (last guy whatever, every since they made it just front court i dont know if we’ll even have a center. Should be brook if he is healthy, could be hibbert but the pacers dont throw him them ball down low enough, at the end of the day might be Carmelo. So I guess Brook.

East bench: Horford, Melo, Bosh, Derozan,Walker, Hibbert,One more spot.

I would be fine with josh smith, B.Jennings, or drummond from the pistons and maybe jeff green from boston.

Yea i left off kyrie, can he atleast lead his team to the top 8 in playoff standings for atleast a week? No? well no all-star spot.The NBA is about wins not individual spot-light.

dcase
      Participant

How is Love not a starter for the West?  He has better numbers than both Aldridge and Howard.  Granted his team isn’t winning as much, but he still plays for a .500 team in the loaded west.

dcase
      Participant

How is Love not a starter for the West?  He has better numbers than both Aldridge and Howard.  Granted his team isn’t winning as much, but he still plays for a .500 team in the loaded west.

aivsdirk
    Participant

West starters: PG-cp3, SG-westbrook, SF-durant, PF-aldridge, C-howard.

West bench: curry, harden, dirk, love, lee, parker;one more spot

Last spot i got 3 plus 1 guys & cant pick 1 yet and why should i its not even 2014(im biased for dirk my team is the MAVS, but still dallas last year without him versus this year with him is enough said. Blake Griffin, Clipps were a losing team without chris paul now they are a loser in the 1st round with him. Blake is a all-highlight guy but not a clear cut all-star who makes a difference on a night-to-night basis towards wins in my opinion. I also got Lawson who has obviously separated himself from the rest of his fellow really, good players the nuggets have, and is keep them in the playoff hunt until danilo comes back to share the load. Llilard what do you do. He hasnt gotten better from last season, shootin 40% from the field thats definitely not all-star quality plus only 5.9 assists per game, still he deserves a mention, just look at portland.

East starters: PG-Wall, SG-Wade, F-James F-George, (last guy whatever, every since they made it just front court i dont know if we’ll even have a center. Should be brook if he is healthy, could be hibbert but the pacers dont throw him them ball down low enough, at the end of the day might be Carmelo. So I guess Brook.

East bench: Horford, Melo, Bosh, Derozan,Walker, Hibbert,One more spot.

I would be fine with josh smith, B.Jennings, or drummond from the pistons and maybe jeff green from boston.

Yea i left off kyrie, can he atleast lead his team to the top 8 in playoff standings for atleast a week? No? well no all-star spot.The NBA is about wins not individual spot-light.

aivsdirk
    Participant

Too cool would you mind just an explanation of why you feel curry should start?

aivsdirk
    Participant

Too cool would you mind just an explanation of why you feel curry should start?

franfran
    Participant

WEST

Chris Paul

Kobe Bryant

Kevin Durant

Blake Griffin

Dwight Howard

Russell Westbrook

James Harden

Kevin Love

DeMarcus Cousins

LaMarcus Aldridge

Stephen Curry

Tony Parker

EAST

Kyrie Irving

Dwayne Wade

Paul George

Carmelo Anthony

LeBron James

John Wall

Roy Hibbert

Al Horford

Andre Drummond

DeMar DeRozan

Michael Carter-Williams

Jeff Teague or Bradley Beal

franfran
    Participant

WEST

Chris Paul

Kobe Bryant

Kevin Durant

Blake Griffin

Dwight Howard

Russell Westbrook

James Harden

Kevin Love

DeMarcus Cousins

LaMarcus Aldridge

Stephen Curry

Tony Parker

EAST

Kyrie Irving

Dwayne Wade

Paul George

Carmelo Anthony

LeBron James

John Wall

Roy Hibbert

Al Horford

Andre Drummond

DeMar DeRozan

Michael Carter-Williams

Jeff Teague or Bradley Beal

qDizzle32
    Participant

I’d honestly have Bradley Beal on there if he hadn’t gotten injured. Cousins needs to be somewhere on there, but remember that every year there’s snubs especially when Stephen Curry didn’t make it last year.

qDizzle32
    Participant

I’d honestly have Bradley Beal on there if he hadn’t gotten injured. Cousins needs to be somewhere on there, but remember that every year there’s snubs especially when Stephen Curry didn’t make it last year.

qDizzle32
    Participant

Lillard definitely deserves to make it this year with how good him and the Blazers have been this year. Aldridge is already a lock to make it.

qDizzle32
    Participant

Lillard definitely deserves to make it this year with how good him and the Blazers have been this year. Aldridge is already a lock to make it.

KidIcarus35
    Participant

I dont totally understand why so many people are putting Drummond on their ballot.. Hes averaging 7.9 ppg and 7.6 rebounds. Monroe is averaging 14.9ppg and 8.9rpg

dcase
      Participant

Where are you getting your stats?  Drummond is essentially averaging 13pts and 13 rebs.  Plus he gets 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks.  Not to mention he is 2nd in FG% at 62%.

KidIcarus35
        Participant

Oh fuck. I downvoted myself. The site had only listed last year. My bad. Brain malfunction.

KidIcarus35
        Participant

Oh fuck. I downvoted myself. The site had only listed last year. My bad. Brain malfunction.

dcase
      Participant

Where are you getting your stats?  Drummond is essentially averaging 13pts and 13 rebs.  Plus he gets 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks.  Not to mention he is 2nd in FG% at 62%.

KidIcarus35
    Participant

I dont totally understand why so many people are putting Drummond on their ballot.. Hes averaging 7.9 ppg and 7.6 rebounds. Monroe is averaging 14.9ppg and 8.9rpg

Too cool
    Participant

Aivsdirk I think Curry should start simply because hes been one of the best guards in the entire league this year. Hes averaging 24.5 ppg, 9.3 apg, 4 rpg and 2 stls a game. And since the starters are determined by fan voting, I believe he’ll get the nod by the fans because of his popularity, assuming Kobe does not play in the ASG. 

aivsdirk
      Participant

i was waiting for a response and i wish it was a better one. Curry is by far one of the worst defenders as fars as pg’s go. There d dropped a level the minute iggy got hurt. They were comfortably in the middle of the playoff standing before his injury now look at them. Plus the reason his team is always fighting out of a jam is a lot of curry’s fault. Too many turnovers in my opinion. 4.2 turnovers a game? 9.3 assists is respectable but not that many turnovers. He is better than most players in the league yes, no doubt, but he hasnt shown me the he has the full set of skill and ig too lead a team. offense is only one part of the game and his offense isnt even elite besides his shooting. And he flat out cant defend. If Chris paul averaged that bad of an ass/to ratio with even worse defense. He wouldnt get half that respect. Curry is the shooting equivalent of blake’s dunking. A lot of highlights but definitely more oohs and ahhs than wins. Not saying curry hasnt been critical to some of his team’s wins. Just saying if he were a more complete player(which is what all-stars are) he would be a better defender, less turnover prone, and some 3’s he takes are just at bad times. 

blood

is absurd.STEPHEN CURRY IS THE BEST PG IN LEAGUE RIGHT NOW,AND TOP 10 PLAYER HE DESERVES TO BE STARTER ESPECIALLY CAUSE HE WAS ROBBED LAST EW YEARS,AND I THINK HE COULD PUT UP A SHOW IN ASG IF HE GETS HOT.

blood

is absurd.STEPHEN CURRY IS THE BEST PG IN LEAGUE RIGHT NOW,AND TOP 10 PLAYER HE DESERVES TO BE STARTER ESPECIALLY CAUSE HE WAS ROBBED LAST EW YEARS,AND I THINK HE COULD PUT UP A SHOW IN ASG IF HE GETS HOT.

aivsdirk
      Participant

i was waiting for a response and i wish it was a better one. Curry is by far one of the worst defenders as fars as pg’s go. There d dropped a level the minute iggy got hurt. They were comfortably in the middle of the playoff standing before his injury now look at them. Plus the reason his team is always fighting out of a jam is a lot of curry’s fault. Too many turnovers in my opinion. 4.2 turnovers a game? 9.3 assists is respectable but not that many turnovers. He is better than most players in the league yes, no doubt, but he hasnt shown me the he has the full set of skill and ig too lead a team. offense is only one part of the game and his offense isnt even elite besides his shooting. And he flat out cant defend. If Chris paul averaged that bad of an ass/to ratio with even worse defense. He wouldnt get half that respect. Curry is the shooting equivalent of blake’s dunking. A lot of highlights but definitely more oohs and ahhs than wins. Not saying curry hasnt been critical to some of his team’s wins. Just saying if he were a more complete player(which is what all-stars are) he would be a better defender, less turnover prone, and some 3’s he takes are just at bad times. 

Too cool
    Participant

Aivsdirk I think Curry should start simply because hes been one of the best guards in the entire league this year. Hes averaging 24.5 ppg, 9.3 apg, 4 rpg and 2 stls a game. And since the starters are determined by fan voting, I believe he’ll get the nod by the fans because of his popularity, assuming Kobe does not play in the ASG. 

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

How would Curry or Westbrook start over Harden in the backcourt?

Harden is putting up better numbers than both and he’s winning.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

How would Curry or Westbrook start over Harden in the backcourt?

Harden is putting up better numbers than both and he’s winning.

Too cool
    Participant

TOL23,

As I said above, the starters I named were based on my projected fan voting when the ballots close. Curry might not deserve to start, but IMO because of the fan vote he’ll get the nod along with CP3. Nevertheless, I believe Curry deserves to be on the team. 

Too cool
    Participant

TOL23,

As I said above, the starters I named were based on my projected fan voting when the ballots close. Curry might not deserve to start, but IMO because of the fan vote he’ll get the nod along with CP3. Nevertheless, I believe Curry deserves to be on the team. 

Sharp Shooter
    Participant

Chris Paul

Kobe Bryant

Kevin Durant

Blake Griffin

Dwight Howard

Russell Westbrook

James Harden

Kevin Love

Damian Lillard

LaMarcus Aldridge