This topic contains 27 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ghclimer10 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

I am quite sure Jeremy Evans will return to defend his title. Here are my list of guys that I believe will be in the contest this year.

Jeremy Evans Utah
    Gerald Green Indiana
    James White New York
    Terrence Ross Toronto

Gerald Green Dunk Champion

bballguru
    Participant

this line up sucks.

How about:
    Javell Mcgee
    Shannon Brown
    Lebron James
    Dion Waters

susanjacobs
      Participant

Dion? I prefer Westbrook over him.

Sewok15
      Participant

Lebron James wouldn’t even play video games with a group like McGee Brown and Waiters so why would the “King” lower himself to competing against such scrubs in a dunk contest.

If you get guys like Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook and Dwight Howard maybe Lebron would consider it but even then it seems like the possibility of seeing LeBron in a dunk contest has been gone for a while….and it is a shame because while we have never seen amazing creativity from Lebron above the rim we have seen enough ups and power to dream about him in the dunk contest.

Sewok15
    Participant

Gerald Green and James White would crush Waiters and Brown. I have seen James “Flight” dunk between his legs from the foul line. I don’t think there is another guy on the planet who can do that, even the great Dion Waiters or Shannon Brown.

Green was already in the contest years ago so I would replace him with another younger guy but it is still a stellar lineup.

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

I would love to see Shannon Brown and Russel Westbrook in a one on one dunk contest.Shannon needs another chance to redeem himself.
    Russel wanted to be in the dunk contest his first year, but that year the rookies needed to be voted in and the people chose I forget his name that italian guy he played for the Blazers. Depending on who is in the dunk contest, I won’t care at all.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

If you look at NBA rosters and go through the list of dunkers there are a lot of guys who won’t participate for many reasons….Superstar status, guys being out of their prime or just won’t participate because they see guys get robbed

Russell Westbrook was expected to participate his rookie year but Rudy Fernandez got voted in instead
    LeBron James will NEVER enter so give up he is a game dunker who has no contest creativity PROVEN FACT!
    Nick Young is always a dunk contest possibility but has not made a push to get in
    Josh Selby more than likely won’t enter for being in the D-League
    Iman Shumpert is injured so that rules him out
    Brandon Jennings gave us the Iverson treatment 2 years ago by entering and backing out due to injury
    Avery Bradley is injured as well

ShekiruBoom
    Participant

i hated shannon brown that year. he has the whole thing “let shannon dunk!” and then puts out the most boring stuff. that entire group was bad not just shannon brown though

For_Never_Ever
    Participant

That guy Alonzo Gee from the Cavs can really get up with power. He would a nice fresh face to see.

wrector
      Participant

I’d like to see him too but he already said he only sees himself as an in-game dunker, maybe he’ll be persuaded to join though.

kingofbums
    Participant

terrence ross is a sleeper for this. the kid cant get up there. watch out for him this year at the dunk contest (assuming he will be invited)

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Gerald Green
    James White
    LeBron James
    Blake Griffin

Choppy
    Participant

How about Andre Drummond? The kid can throw it down…

Don’t see LBJ doing a dunk contest any time soon.

ditotay
    Participant

Every year is the same thing: we throw names out there that we’d loved to see them compiting against each other and then when the official participants are announced we are all dissapointed. I think that sooner or later the NBA has to change the format of the event and let the people vote for the players they want. Choose a pool of players and then let the people decide. This is my “wish list” for this years’ contest: 1) James White (boy he can fly); 2) Gerald Green; 3) Gerald Henderson (I love his dunk against the Lakers); 4) Shannon Brown; 5) Jeremy Evans (he is the previous champion and I think he will love to repeat the feat). There are other names like Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Javale Mcgee, George, hell even the Manimal Faried that could be great aditions, but as a user said before these players most probably will not participate in the contest.

cbelford
    Participant

they should allow one amateur to participate

aamir543
    Participant

My dream Lineup would be Westbrook, McGee, Green, and KD(his arms are so long that maybe he could dunk from the free throw line.)

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

My dream lineup would be, like, Steve Novak, Matt Bonner, Delonte West, and Brian Scalabrine, not because I think they would provide great dunks, but I think it would be even more entertaining than usual.

dsab12
    Participant

my four:

James White (won dunk contest in turkey, russia – won against gerald green, italy)
    Gerald Green
    Russel Westbrook
    Blake Griffin

anthonymatthew24
    Participant

Jeremy Evans( Because he’s the champ right now)
    James White( we all have seen what he can do)
    Russell Westbrook (should be interesting)
    Gerald Green( Dude is just at another level and he deserves it after all the highlits he’s provided us with in this last year)

Dont want to see Shannon Brown in there ! He really sucked his first and only time after all the hype he had goin in….

Grandmama
    Participant

I’m praying James White is a participant

aarondsonixfan
    Participant

I feel like Serge Ibaka should get another chance at it too. He did do a free-throw line dunk and went farther than anyone has gone before in the NBA, and only got a 45. He got a 45 on the toy dunk too. OKC in general could have a lot of players on their team have an opportunity to make it with RW, Ibaka, Durant (He said he wanted to do it a couple years ago), and PJ3. I, like most of you, would LOVE to see James White be in it and see Kenny Smith’s face/reaction when he does his free-throw line dunks through the legs and stuff like that. That would be crazy! Last year’s contest wasn’t even good, so hopefully this one turns out to be better

eci_elite
    Participant

Paul George
    Gerald Green
    Jeremy Evans
    Blake Griffin

mshipp215
    Participant

Jeremy Evans, James White, Mcgee and I would love to see Gerald Green but wouldn’t be surprised it were Deandre Jordan or Gerald Henderson.

JoeWolf1

Bring David Lee in to give us a rematch of James White v David Lee in the McDonald’s All-American dunk contest like 10 years ago, lol. But seriously, that was a great dunk contest.

Gerald Gree and James White would be awesome, but I’ve seen a lot of the Duke videos with the Plumlee bros dunking and Miles is a great dunk contest dunker. He could seriously challenge anyone in the NBA right now, in a dunk contest and possibly top them.

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

uhm I forgot, its the dunk contest, does anybody really care anymore/?

niQ
    Participant

Kid flies out there!

anthonymatthew24
    Participant
    ghclimer10
    Participant

Gerald Green- Indiana Pacers
    Russell Westbrook- Oklahoma City Thunder
    DeAndre Jordan- Los Angeles Clippers
    John Wall- Washington Wizards

This would be an exciting dunk contest and it features names, players that people want to see.

Green has mad hops and he has already won the contest so he knows what to do.
    Westbrook is a ferocious young high-flyer, who knows how to ignite the crowd.
    Jordan is a big man, but he can throw down some sick jams and he has hops.
    Wall has shown what he can do, in game. Imagine what he could do in a contest format.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login