This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar F_S mock 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    joecheck88
    Participant

Since we all know superstars rarely enter the dunk contest who would you like to see in it this year. Let us stick to players that are probably not that well known to the casual fan. Watching some preseason highlights have me this idea. Here are a few guys I would like to see if they remain on rosters.

James White – Knicks

Daequan Jones – Magic

Gerald Green – Pacers

Josh Selby – Grizzlies

Nick Young – Sixers

Anybody else?

Toronto16
    Participant

How about the guy who won it last year maybe?? Jeremy Evans??

Tyrober
    Participant

I didn’t realize people still wanted to watch it. It’s been slowly dying for years now…

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I doubt Jones and White are still on those teams by the time the contest comes around but would love to see both of them in there.  I don’t know why Young hasn’t been in there yet.

omphalos
    Participant

I think they should get rid of the dunk contest again. Give it a bit of a break and then let it come back. The quality has been appalling lately, and props have ruined it.

Lipstick
    Participant

Take out the dunk contest and give the contestants a date with a shooting machine.

joecheck88
    Participant

I would be sad of they got rid of it. I look forward to every dunk contest every year. The problem with it is it isn’t a contest. Nobody is trying to win it like all out. If they upped the money I think people’s competitive juices would flow more. Maybe get better stars in it. I don’t mind seeing dunks I’ve seen before. I like the way different people do 360s, windmills, pumps, etc. everybody does it different.

Meditated States
    Participant

but the NBA telling guys in fact rigging the thing kills it. What they did with Budinger was not his idea. Too much BS. Let these dudes have a dunk off with no Kenny Smith and all this other sh!t.

blood

this years fails too,they should’ve ended it… it was painfull to watch in the last 3 years… and they fucked it up badly by giving fans opportiny to vote a winner…

MUbballfan
    Participant

I want

Terrence Ross

Iman Shumpert

Jeremy Evans (only because he won)

Russell Westbrook (dont think he would to it though)

TRC1991
    Participant

demar derozan got screwed and ill never be a fan of the dunk contest since blake griffin’s gay dunk over the kia

Lipstick
      Participant

Yeah because it obviously looked so homosexual…

Seamo15
    Participant

I say a format change. Add more dunkers and a stricter time limit so you dont have guys doing a million failed attempts.

My guys would be:

Kenneth Faried

John Wall

Josh Selby

Iman Shumpert

Jeremy Evans ( for winning last year)

Perry Jones

iguapops420
    Participant

James White-Knicks

Iman Shumpert(my pick to win if he’s back athletically)-Knicks

Andre Iguodala(one of personal favorite contest dunkers and victim of Nate Rob screw job)-Nuggets

Jeremy Evans(only to lose it to a player with real dunks)-Jazz

F_S mock

i would like to see rudy gay at it again… maybe deadre jordan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login