This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar fito91 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    steviechillz
    Participant

This draft is a whole mess of hype this year.  The last 2-3 drafts have been classified as weak on this site, and now we are finally seeing a draft that could be really special according to many experts.  They say this draft is deep and full of potential, and I agree.  Not sure if all that potential will pan out, but I would like to share with yall my predictions for 5 players who I think will be stars in the NBA from this upcoming nba draft:

1) Harrison Barnes:  I go NC State currently and I’ve seen just about every UNC vs State game and this guy has impressed me every game.  I see a lot of Luol Deng comparisons, and they aren’t exactly bad comparisons, but I think this guy will be better.  I’m not saying he would be a number 1 option on every team, but I see him being a solid number 2 for any team.  The guy can score from anywhere on the floor and has worked on his handle this year.  I’m mad that he stayed one more year to kill my Wolfpack, but it was a great decision for him and his draft stock.  The guy will be a 18-20 ppg scorer in this league

2) Thomas Robinson: He has had steady improvement every year since he’s been on Kansas and this year he is my Player of the year in college.  The guy is extremely athletic and is a capable leader.  I see him being a good, all star caliber PF for many years in the NBA.  Possible 18 and 10 type player and could be on some all defensive teams

3) Jeremy Lamb: I HATE the Rip hamilton comparisons, bc this guy has actual 3 point range and is more of a scorer than a shooter.  I was not high on him last year and thought he was overrated, but he has shown me he is more than capable of being a 2-3 scoring option on any team. I predict a 17ppg 3rpg 3apg type player

4) Kendall marshal: Another UNC player i hate, but he is going to  be a 8-9apg career player who will dazle teams with his passing abliity.  He will be simillar to Rondo or Mark Jackson bc team’s will sag off him bc his shot isn’t as great as his passing ability.  He isn’t that atheltic and I think that could be exposed in the pros, but passing usually translates well to the NBA.  

5) Tony Wroten:  If he comes out this year, WATCH OUT if he gets a chance to start.  The guy is what shaun Livingston should have been. he’s athletic, competitive, great passer, has swag, and will be a great player in this league as long as his ego doesn’t ruin his career.  Picture a mix of Brandon Jennings and Whhite Chocolate…and you have Tony Wroten.  The sky is the limit for this kid

invalid
    Participant

1. ant

2.barnes

3.mkg

4.kendall

i dont know about the rest.. i hope SG’s are good this year..

Future_Scout

jeremy lamb, jeremy lamb, jeremy lamb

barnes

rivers

beal

quincy miller (i doubted him at first)

Meditated States
    Participant

Jeremy Lamb are the guys I am the most certain on. Still think PJ III will be a sleeper cause expectations are low for him right now. I hope P Jones continues to fall down the draft board.Austin Rivers is going to be a beast if he is in this draft.

Future_Scout

people don’t answer cuss their afraid to get negged. awww, poor babies

Biggysmalls
    Participant

As much as I liked your bust post…I tend to disagree with a handful of guys in this one.

I think Barnes is going to be a stud, I’ve kept to that thought and it really hasnt changed over the last 2 years.

I personally think Robinson will most likely be a better version of Taj Gibson. He is a beast physically against college 4s but I think NBA PFs are just as big and strong. I think he will be a nice player, but I dont see a Star in the making.

Lamb has the tools to be really good, but I’m not convinced yet. He needs to add more to his game still.

Wroten is another guy I’m not sure about. He’s big, strong, athletic, and can score, but is he a PG? He doesnt seem to have a PG mentality, but his jumpshot is not exactly on par with that of a prototype 2.

I think Beal, Moultrie, and Terrence Ross all could be really good players and have some star potential in them.  

apb540
    Participant

There is only one player in this entire draft that I will say is going to be a "star" and that is Harrison Barnes. His offensive game translates to the NBA better than any prospect I have seen since Durant. Tell me what other 6’8" dudes you know that can shoot fadeaways out of the post, take his guy off the dribble (his biggest weakness by far still) and get to the whole, take one or two dribbles and pull up from anywhere, and be a spot up shooter? Plus, he’s very athletic, strong, plays great D when he commits to it, can run the floor for days, and will make an awesome pass when needed.

I really don’t see the Loul Deng comparison. Deng was a decent shooter at Duke but no anywhere near Harrison. Likewise, Barnes is a decent defender but not anywhere near what Deng was (and is). Obviously drafting another Loul Deng wouldn’t be a bad thing, he is an All-Star this year and has put up a few 17-18 ppg seasons, but I see a much better scorer in Harrison.

Sidenote, there are only 15 players currently averaging over 20 ppg and Eric Gordon and Bargs are two of them so call it 13. Dirk will be so bump that back up to 14 and that’s still not many. You can’t win if you can’t score.  

Fritz
    Participant

I go to State also, its unfortunate we have to keep watching our team get handed by UNC. Thank goodness for our recruiting class coming in next year we may actually make the tournament next year.

I honestly dont know if any of these players will become superstars but I think Davis has the best shot at that. I really do think Robinson has the chance to be a star but hes going to have to get in the right system and be surrounded by a good staff.

Jeremy Lamb I think will eventually be a 22 ppg scorer, with that length he reminds me a little of Kevin Martin

Barnes I think is the sure fire stud in this draft. I think he will at the least be a starter in the league for a long time, Im not sure if he will be able to be a number one option on a championship team but as a Bobcats fan I would want him 2nd after Davis.

I think MKG will make a few all-star games, and I haven’t seen enough of Drummond yet.

But on another note, anybody notice Quincy Miller has fallen all the way to the 2nd round? I was never that high on him but damn that would be a great present to anyteam who picked him up that far

invalid
    Participant

lol yeah its the easiest way to lose points, doesnt matter

Future_Scout

"Jeremy Lamb… with that length he reminds me a little of Kevin Martin."

nice one

he also reminds me of martin, im surprised i never posted it before or saw here before

lalaila
    Participant

every single draft average is like 5-6 allstars with the deep draft this year here could be anywhere from 5 to 8 let;s say..so Davis Drummond too much potential, Lamb Harrison imo the best scorers from the draft, MKG will be there if GWallace and IGGy made it..these are my top5 then logically you could say TRob and Sully but they are my next in the board not because of stars potential but because im sure they will be good starters for a long time..while guys like Perry Wroten could be busts but could shine into stardom..another one is Beal, watching him he starts to look a legit 6’5 215 if he is that big he could definitely see his ceiling as an allstar..

all in all, in my eyes there are 5 as a sure pretendents and then it all depends of where guys will be drafted and how there games will translate

Ghost01
    Participant

I’m going to go out on a lim and say their are no legit stars in this draft. There are alot of potential ALL STARS, but not alot of potential STARS.

fito91
    Participant

I’m going to change it up a little bit and throw a sleeper at you guys.

Drew Gordon from New Mexico. Projected as a second round pick, I think Drew could end up being one of the best big men in this draft class. Drew is a monster on the glass and has the athleticism and size to make an impact in the NBA. Like every prospect he has areas of his game he has to improve on, but I can see him being a 14 and 10 guy at the next level.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login