This topic contains 36 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar M-DYMES 13 years ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

It’s very obvious that this is not a strong draft class, but will we have another Wesley Johnson type of player to sneak up in the lottery, better yet crack the Top 5 of the Draft from no where.

JimmeredYaWabafet
    Participant

KEMBAHH WALKAHRRR

JimmeredYaWabafet
    Participant

KEMBAHH WALKAHRRR

JoeWolf1

Well, Wes was already considered a top 5 pick by this time last year.  I’d say it’s been Derrick Williams, I bet he ends up going around 3 or 4 when all is said and done.

JoeWolf1

Well, Wes was already considered a top 5 pick by this time last year.  I’d say it’s been Derrick Williams, I bet he ends up going around 3 or 4 when all is said and done.

ghettosermon
    Participant

Yeah how the F did Wes Johnson come out of no where? He was the big east player of the year and after the first 5 or so games of the season scouts were already pegging him a high lottery pick. If anything his stock seemed to dip as the draft got closer although he still ended up going high.

ghettosermon
    Participant

Yeah how the F did Wes Johnson come out of no where? He was the big east player of the year and after the first 5 or so games of the season scouts were already pegging him a high lottery pick. If anything his stock seemed to dip as the draft got closer although he still ended up going high.

M-DYMES
    Participant

Yea Wes Johnson was far from being a no one prior to the season last year.  If I remember correctly he was thrown in the top 5 conversation for damn near the whole season.  IDK where u saw him coming outta nowhere.  He was a transfer so I guess thats why, but after he moved out to Cuse he was pretty unanimously a top 5 pick, atleast lotto. 

M-DYMES
    Participant

Yea Wes Johnson was far from being a no one prior to the season last year.  If I remember correctly he was thrown in the top 5 conversation for damn near the whole season.  IDK where u saw him coming outta nowhere.  He was a transfer so I guess thats why, but after he moved out to Cuse he was pretty unanimously a top 5 pick, atleast lotto. 

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Before the season who was talking about him as a Top 5 pick????

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Before the season who was talking about him as a Top 5 pick????

M-DYMES
    Participant

This whole site for one if i remember correctly.  I think most sites and sources had him in around 5.

M-DYMES
    Participant

This whole site for one if i remember correctly.  I think most sites and sources had him in around 5.

B Free
    Participant

I just checked the archives and Wesley Johnson was number 36 before the season started no one on this site had him listed in the top five

B Free
    Participant

I just checked the archives and Wesley Johnson was number 36 before the season started no one on this site had him listed in the top five

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Thank you

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Thank you

JNixon
    Participant

Yeah lets not act like Wesley Johnson was a top 5 pick before the season. Coach Boeheim was hyping him up, but not many fans, even hardcore, had seen him play at Iowa State. He was a middle of the pack prospect before last year started.

JNixon
    Participant

Yeah lets not act like Wesley Johnson was a top 5 pick before the season. Coach Boeheim was hyping him up, but not many fans, even hardcore, had seen him play at Iowa State. He was a middle of the pack prospect before last year started.

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

To be honest if I would compare the two players to current nba players I’d say Hamilton is a poor man’s Paul Pierce and Honeycutt is a younger version of Tayshuan Prince…hard to see 10 teams pass on solid prospects that at the very least will be solid starters or championship role players…

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

To be honest if I would compare the two players to current nba players I’d say Hamilton is a poor man’s Paul Pierce and Honeycutt is a younger version of Tayshuan Prince…hard to see 10 teams pass on solid prospects that at the very least will be solid starters or championship role players…

B Free
    Participant

I even went futher back before he transfered to Cuse and he wasn’t even in the top 50

B Free
    Participant

I even went futher back before he transfered to Cuse and he wasn’t even in the top 50

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Please post a link to make these people believers……I guess seeing is believing.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Please post a link to make these people believers……I guess seeing is believing.

M-DYMES
    Participant

I don’t think anyone is fighting you on it now…but I still think some people were saying he could enter top 5 if he played like he did @ iowa state.  Besides how much can we really put into what projections are prior to the season.  They differ across the board typically. 

M-DYMES
    Participant

I don’t think anyone is fighting you on it now…but I still think some people were saying he could enter top 5 if he played like he did @ iowa state.  Besides how much can we really put into what projections are prior to the season.  They differ across the board typically. 

BlueLaces
    Participant

I don’t think anyone would be giving you negatives if you had asked that exact question at the beginning of the year.  And if that was what you were trying to ask, I would say that Derrick Williams is like Wes in the sense that nobody was really expecting him to produce the way he has and shoot up everyone’s draft board when the season began. 

BlueLaces
    Participant

I don’t think anyone would be giving you negatives if you had asked that exact question at the beginning of the year.  And if that was what you were trying to ask, I would say that Derrick Williams is like Wes in the sense that nobody was really expecting him to produce the way he has and shoot up everyone’s draft board when the season began. 

ilike.panochas
    Participant

I would say Kawhi Leonard has moved up as the season started just like Wes Johnson.

ilike.panochas
    Participant

I would say Kawhi Leonard has moved up as the season started just like Wes Johnson.

JNixon
    Participant

"but I still think some people were saying he could enter top 5 if he played like he did @ iowa state."

Nobody mentioned Wesley Johnson as a top 5 pick when he was at Iowa State. EVER. So why would people think he could be a top 5 pick if he continued to play the way he did in Ames? He rose with his play during the season at Syracuse last season. Plain and simple.

JNixon
    Participant

"but I still think some people were saying he could enter top 5 if he played like he did @ iowa state."

Nobody mentioned Wesley Johnson as a top 5 pick when he was at Iowa State. EVER. So why would people think he could be a top 5 pick if he continued to play the way he did in Ames? He rose with his play during the season at Syracuse last season. Plain and simple.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

No Derrick Williams?  I mean, did anybody even thought this guy could be in the conversation as the top pick?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

No Derrick Williams?  I mean, did anybody even thought this guy could be in the conversation as the top pick?

M-DYMES
    Participant

I was saying if he continued to improve like he was showing at Iowa State.  He was an improving player and Syracuse saw that.  I knew about him before he got to Cuse and could have sworn he was a bit higher on peoples boards after he showed that he could play for Cuse at that level.  I could be wrong though and I apologize for that.  My bad. 

M-DYMES
    Participant

I was saying if he continued to improve like he was showing at Iowa State.  He was an improving player and Syracuse saw that.  I knew about him before he got to Cuse and could have sworn he was a bit higher on peoples boards after he showed that he could play for Cuse at that level.  I could be wrong though and I apologize for that.  My bad. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login