2011 NBA Draft top 3 (with teams)

cavairo7
cavairo7's picture
2011 NBA Draft top 3 (with teams)

While its still early to tell how the NBA season is going to play out, the 3 worst teams look like the Raptors, Pistons, and the LeGone Cavaliers. Assuming there is no lockout, the top 3 players look to be Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones, and Enes Kanter (assuming he plays) with Kyrie Irving as a close 4th. If the Cavs were to get Barnes, it would be a blessing. While Barnes is no LeBron, he would give the organization someone to build around. Perry Jones would be a good fallback option. While Barnes would fit good with Derozan and Ed Davis in Toronto, I see the Raptors needing someone like Kanter. The Pistons could really use Kanter and would definitely take a look at Irving as well. Perry Jones is still an enigma until we see what he has to offer at Baylor but he could very well be the top pick in the draft if he shows that he can put his potential and talent together. He has the ability to be the Tyreke Evans of the 2011 draft.

AndyBeng2
Perry Jones is gonna have to

Perry Jones is gonna have to play out of his mind at Baylor if he wants to take that top spot from Barnes. I could see Jones having a Derek Favors kinda freshman season, inconsistent, but still get drafted high. If you remember Favors was supposed to come in and pull and Durant/Beasley amazing freshman season. I still see Jones going top5 based on potential.

Toronto16
Toronto16's picture
Look, lets break every myth

Look, lets break every myth right now. The Raptors ARE NOT selecting Enes Kanter. If they need a big they can go after Greg Oden or Tyson Chandler in free agency. It's either Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones or Kyle Irving.

mj23mj23bestever
why would the pistons take kanter

they just took their center of the future in greg monroe as for the raps kanter would look nice beside bargs and for the oden comment i dont see the blazers letting him go so he wont be available

Zan Tabak
Zan Tabak's picture
Why not Kanter?

Church why would you say the raps wont take Kanter? I wouldnt put it past BC to take another Euro even Montajunas although i would hang myself if he took either

Toronto16
Toronto16's picture
@Zan Tabak I really think

@Zan Tabak

I really think Colangelo has gotten the message that the Euro movement isn't working in Toronto. It would be career suicide if he took Kanter over players like Irving, Jones or Barnes. People always tie the Bargnani pick to Colangelo and it was a fail. I really don't see him selecting Kanter.

sammybuckeye13
sammybuckeye13's picture
Raptors - Harrison

Raptors - Harrison Barnes

Easy, and fits in perfectly.

Timberwolves - Enes Kanter

Neither Darko nor Pekovic is the long-term answer at center, and they have so many swingmen.

Pistons - Perry Jones

Could be a good fit at the 4 next to Monroe in a couple years although he's naturally a 3.

Cavs - Kyrie Irving.

Mo Williams has 2 player options after this year but he's definitely gonna want out.

SwatLakeCity
Here is how I see it. Cavs:

Here is how I see it.

Cavs: Harrison Barnes (That one is pretty obvious)

Raps: Kyrie Irving (The trade rumors of Calderon to Charlotte tells me that the Raptors have given up on him, and I don't think Jack would start when Irving is still on the board who is clearly better than Jack.)

Pistons: Perry Jones (Will play the 3 and finally force the Pistons to either trade Prince or bring him off the bench. Both Prince and Hamilton need to leave because the old era is long gone.)

Kanter will probably go to Minny since Coach Kahn hopefully will realize how horrible Darko is.

The question is, are we sure the Cavs will win the lottery just because they are the worst team does not mean they win the lottery. They may not even land Harrison Barnes. They may have to settle for Jones or someone else. (Which isn't that bad of a pick)

Mr. Jewboy
no way are the cavs the worst

no way are the cavs the worst team in the league.

first its the raptors, and the t-wolves and nets still have to prove they're better than the cavs after not adding anything to significant during the summer, and golden state the same thing

the pistons also aren't that good, but they didnt lose anything from a team that won 27 last year, while adding monroe and mcgrady.

as of now the 3 worst teams in the league are the raps, wolves, and nets

SubZero
SubZero's picture
The Nets will be better than

The Nets will be better than the Cavs this year. Guarantee it

SwatLakeCity
The wolves didn't add

The wolves didn't add anything significant? Does the name Micheal Beasley mean anything to you, Mr Jewboy? Have you not seen him this preseason? He's been averaging 21 points about 5 boards and is finally starting to show why he was picked 2nd in the 2008 draft. NBA.com even had an article about how he is focused and ready to show just who he is. Look out Wolves may get between 10-14 pick this year.

The Nets, they added Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Troy Murphy, Johan Petro and Derrick Favors. Yes, I admit that is not that significant, but its better than the Cavs who just lost their best player in Lebron James. He was their team. Without him they will be crap. Mo Williams (the leader now that the King is gone) almost quit.

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Preseason

Preseason stats don't mean anything.

I think the Cavs will make the playoffs.

RSS: Syndicate content