This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar WizardofOz 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    BasterdInABasket
    Participant

1. Miami- Have put a decent supporting cast together but do they have someone to stop Howard?
    2. Orlando- If they could get rid of VC and get Paul they are the definite #1 but Ill put them 2nd with the team they have now. Vince is holding this team back.
    3. Chicago- Should be a battle with MIL for the Central. Rose-Boozer is tough
    4. Milwaukee- BJ, Maggette, Salmons and Bogut all can put up 20 on any given night. Also one of the deepest teams in the league
    5. Boston- Same as last year… mediocre regular season team, dangerous playoff team
    6. Atlanta- Slight drop off. Will be higher if Drew gets them to run an actual offense this year unlike the 1 on 1 garbage they did every possession last year
    7. New York- A lot of young improving players and Felton-Amare could be very exciting with Danilo spreading the floor
    8. Washington- Will be much better with their new guards and Blatche and Mcgee improving. Very tough division though

Teams 7 through 11 are sort of a toss up along with Philly, Charlotte and Detroit, but NY and WAS have the most play makers.

bullsfan4ever
    Participant

yep that’s pretty much how i see it. don’t think washington will make it tho. think cleveland will still make playoffs for that 8th spot.

Michael.S.
    Participant

As of now, the top of the East conf. is looking mighty competitive. I still see Miami finishing the one seed by a comfortable margin but there are 3-4 teams that could get that second seed but just as easily fall to 5. The bottom is just, ehh.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Seems to be a three tier conference right now. MIA and ORL on top then teams 3-6 i listed and the teams 7-11 with maybe CLE included there but I still think thats about a 30 win team with the players they have

SubZero
    Participant

Mine is the exact same as yours. New York’s roster is looking pretty good right now (Felton-Azubuike-Chandler-Gallo-Amare), and if Blatche and McGee can play at a high level and reach half of their potential, they can both surprise people this year.

butidonthavemoney

I have

1. Miami
    2. Orlando
    3. Chicago
    4. Atlanta
    5. Boston
    6. Milwaukee
    7. Charlotte
    8. Cleveland

Yep. 3-6 should be very competative.

gregoden08
    Participant

I love when people say whos going to guard Howard for Miami…WHO CARES? Whos going to guard Wade, LBJ and Bosh?

Michael.S.
    Participant

yeah…AND Barnes is gone.

btown gm
    Participant

miami by far has the 3 man funch in the leauge but they havnt proven anything and theres a lot that depends on the role players like miller whos always seems to be injured

1.orlando
    2.heat ( talented but 2 many question marks to put no1 but is all goes wright should be there
    3. bulls ( rose is better, boozer should help down low, and the OVER RATED noah hopefully got a mid range jumper)
    4.celtics (only becuz theyll rest there players)
    5.hawks( a good regular season team but will have a familar ending as this years)
    6.bucks ( improved team with dept)
    7. charlote ( need a pg but still underrated team, they are great defensivly)
    8. new york (if they play d or this spot could go to a suprise team like bucks were last year

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

That goes without saying whos going to guard lebron wade and bosh but the only teams that have beat ORL the last 2 years have had bangers down low. Besides injuries that is the only thing that could prevent miami from making the finals

Toronto16
    Participant

Is it safe to say, as of right now Miami is pretty much going to run over the rest of the Eastern conference? Unless Chicago can bang with them.

WizardofOz
    Participant

I don’t know why everybody is saying Washington isn’t going to make the playoffs. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee, but they certainly have a shot to sneak into the playoffs and get a low playoff seed. This is their likely starting lineup next season.

PG – John Wall
    SG – Gilbert Arenas
    SF – Al Thornton
    PF – Andray Blatche
    C – Javale McGee

Add in some good bench players in Young, Booker, Cartier Martin, Yi Jianlian, Kirk Hinrich, and you’ve got a playoff team.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login