This topic contains 60 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Mr. 19134 13 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    TC_42
    Participant

2. Evan Turner – 16pts – 7rebs – 4asts – 31min

3. Derrick Favors – 8pts – 10rebs – 20min

4. Wesley Johnson – 13pts – 4rebs – 18min

5. DeMarcus Cousins – 14pts – 8rebs – 5asts – 27min

7. Greg Monroe – DNP

8. Al-Farouq Aminu – DNP

9. Gordon Hayward – 9pts – 5rebs – 21min

10. Paul George – 4pts – 3reb – 2asts – 20% – 23min

11. Cole Aldrich – DNP

12. Xavier Henry – 6pts – 2rebs – 14min

13. Ed Davis – DNP

14. Patrick Patterson – DNP

15. Larry Sanders – 0pts – 0rebs – 4min

16. Luke Babbitt – DNP

18. Eric Bledsoe – DNP

19. Avery Bradley – DNP

20. James Anderson – 10pts – 50% – 27min

21. Craig Brackins – DNP

22. Elliot Williams – DNP

24. Damion James – 2pts – 4min

25. Dominique Jones – 2pts – 50% – 9min

26. Quincy Pondexter – DNP

27. Jordan Crawford – 0pts – 1reb – 2min

28. Greivis Vasquez – DNP

33. Hassan Whiteside – 2min

34. Armon Johnson – 1ast – 3min

39. Landry Fields – 11pts – 4rebs – 30min

Michael.S.
    Participant

Too many DNP’s for quality players.

Michael.S.
    Participant

Too many DNP’s for quality players.

Chrischi
    Participant

Nice post.

2-5 all had very nice debuts

Chrischi
    Participant

Nice post.

2-5 all had very nice debuts

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Didn’t think Turner would do so early after a horrible preseason and summer league.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Didn’t think Turner would do so early after a horrible preseason and summer league.

Michael.S.
    Participant

Dont forget Griffin too. He had(is having) the best debut of anyone. Akthough, he wasn’t in this draft class he is still a rookie making his debut

Michael.S.
    Participant

Dont forget Griffin too. He had(is having) the best debut of anyone. Akthough, he wasn’t in this draft class he is still a rookie making his debut

TC_42
    Participant

Also,

Turner shot 70%, Favors shot 60%, Wes Johnson shot 50%.

TC_42
    Participant

Also,

Turner shot 70%, Favors shot 60%, Wes Johnson shot 50%.

llperez

best value pick looks like landry fields

llperez

best value pick looks like landry fields

bkballer
    Participant

boy do i like landy fields…. athletic, hustles, defends, plays smart and rebounds extremely well for a guard. It seems like eh just understands the game and knows how to get into the right spots. He needs to work on his shot a bit but can become that guy that doesnt put up crazy numbers but is essential to a teams success.

bkballer
    Participant

boy do i like landy fields…. athletic, hustles, defends, plays smart and rebounds extremely well for a guard. It seems like eh just understands the game and knows how to get into the right spots. He needs to work on his shot a bit but can become that guy that doesnt put up crazy numbers but is essential to a teams success.

Counting Stars
    Participant

I’m really surprised Greg Monroe didn’t get in the game. I had him figured for one of the more NBA-ready players in the draft and it’s not like the Pistons have a wealth of big men.

Counting Stars
    Participant

I’m really surprised Greg Monroe didn’t get in the game. I had him figured for one of the more NBA-ready players in the draft and it’s not like the Pistons have a wealth of big men.

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

going be a fan favorite very soon

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

going be a fan favorite very soon

bkballer
    Participant

And I was furious when the Knicks drafted him…

bkballer
    Participant

And I was furious when the Knicks drafted him…

TC_42
    Participant

Griffin – 18pts – 14rebs – 4asts – 57% – 39min

I thought Gerald Wallace played hard.  Holy crap, Griffin literally flies all over the place and goes after every loose ball and some that aren’t even loose.

TC_42
    Participant

Griffin – 18pts – 14rebs – 4asts – 57% – 39min

I thought Gerald Wallace played hard.  Holy crap, Griffin literally flies all over the place and goes after every loose ball and some that aren’t even loose.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Griffin needs to wear knee pads. sleeves with the elbow pads… Everything.

The good thing is his doctor said there’s nothing wrong with him. The fractured knee wasn’t a freak injury… He had a spur there prior to the fracture due to banging knees with somebody. He isn’t an Greg Oden situation where nobody knows what’s wrong with him.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Griffin needs to wear knee pads. sleeves with the elbow pads… Everything.

The good thing is his doctor said there’s nothing wrong with him. The fractured knee wasn’t a freak injury… He had a spur there prior to the fracture due to banging knees with somebody. He isn’t an Greg Oden situation where nobody knows what’s wrong with him.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I think he needs to wear a helmet too haha

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I think he needs to wear a helmet too haha

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

There’s no way he can play 82 games like this. He’ll hit the rookie wall by his 25th game.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

There’s no way he can play 82 games like this. He’ll hit the rookie wall by his 25th game.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Man Turner didn’t start Then when he gets into the game he has a turnover and missed a shot.  Then he missed another wide open shot.  Then another.

Turner started off 0-3 and I’m thinking oh no he really don’t look that good.

That it happened.  He gobbled an offensive rebound over Joel Anthony and put back a kisser off the glass with his left hand while Haslem was draped to his back.  And he converted the free throw.  Collins didn’t give him much playing time early but he did in the 4th.   Turner got it going.  Turner got the ball on the wing, head faked, went baseline, spun off Bosh, then hit a floater in the lane.  Wade scores.  Turner got the ball again, fainted inside right, then crossed Wade and hit a 23 footer going left.  

Turner was extremely impressive overall and like I have been saying the whole time you can’t judge a career based on summer league numbers, and the preseason.  Turner didn’t miss a shot after he started 0-3 finishing 7-10 and only 2 of them were in the lane.  Turner hit a few really tough shots in traffic and just overall looked extremely composed out their.  And tho the Sixers lost by 10 Turner finished the game with a +8 against the Heat.  Turner guarded either James or Wade too when he was on the court.  

Blake Griffin is already one of the best PF’s in the league.  Yeah I said gimme ur negatives now before you realize it urself.

John Wall got next!

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Man Turner didn’t start Then when he gets into the game he has a turnover and missed a shot.  Then he missed another wide open shot.  Then another.

Turner started off 0-3 and I’m thinking oh no he really don’t look that good.

That it happened.  He gobbled an offensive rebound over Joel Anthony and put back a kisser off the glass with his left hand while Haslem was draped to his back.  And he converted the free throw.  Collins didn’t give him much playing time early but he did in the 4th.   Turner got it going.  Turner got the ball on the wing, head faked, went baseline, spun off Bosh, then hit a floater in the lane.  Wade scores.  Turner got the ball again, fainted inside right, then crossed Wade and hit a 23 footer going left.  

Turner was extremely impressive overall and like I have been saying the whole time you can’t judge a career based on summer league numbers, and the preseason.  Turner didn’t miss a shot after he started 0-3 finishing 7-10 and only 2 of them were in the lane.  Turner hit a few really tough shots in traffic and just overall looked extremely composed out their.  And tho the Sixers lost by 10 Turner finished the game with a +8 against the Heat.  Turner guarded either James or Wade too when he was on the court.  

Blake Griffin is already one of the best PF’s in the league.  Yeah I said gimme ur negatives now before you realize it urself.

John Wall got next!

dye84
    Participant

i thought cousins was going to have the best debut until griffin stepped on the court, he is a stud and he looks like he wants to destroy the rim when he dunks, thought turner had a surprisingly good debut considering he was playing the heat and that he didnt look promising at all after summer league and preseason, and wes johnson is good (he dunked all on luther head) but i still dont think he is in the same class as wall, cousins, and griffin considering he is older than them

dye84
    Participant

i thought cousins was going to have the best debut until griffin stepped on the court, he is a stud and he looks like he wants to destroy the rim when he dunks, thought turner had a surprisingly good debut considering he was playing the heat and that he didnt look promising at all after summer league and preseason, and wes johnson is good (he dunked all on luther head) but i still dont think he is in the same class as wall, cousins, and griffin considering he is older than them

lalaila
    Participant

my opinion after debuts..OK  Blake is a stud. Cousins has tons of potential, same with Favors i would say and don’t sleep on Turner..but all in all i’m dissapointed no PT for Aminu Monroe Patterson ect..why? i think Monroe could be a starter and Aminu showed really nice potential that in some games he played better than both GOmes and Butler.

lalaila
    Participant

my opinion after debuts..OK  Blake is a stud. Cousins has tons of potential, same with Favors i would say and don’t sleep on Turner..but all in all i’m dissapointed no PT for Aminu Monroe Patterson ect..why? i think Monroe could be a starter and Aminu showed really nice potential that in some games he played better than both GOmes and Butler.

bdoody42
    Participant

After Griffins first NBA game im sure every male in the Clippers organization offically has a boner, after seeing him play.

bdoody42
    Participant

After Griffins first NBA game im sure every male in the Clippers organization offically has a boner, after seeing him play.

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

makes no sesne he seems nba ready and as already mentioned the pistons dont have a wealth of bigs turner really suprised me he played so terribe in sl and pre season but it goes to show sl and pre dont mean much

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

makes no sesne he seems nba ready and as already mentioned the pistons dont have a wealth of bigs turner really suprised me he played so terribe in sl and pre season but it goes to show sl and pre dont mean much

the microwave
    Participant

the proper spacing in the NBA game helped Turner out tremendously.. In summer lg / preseason your playing with mostly outcasts, or guys "trying to do them"….. After seeing last night, Turner looks like he might get comfortable real quick. I saw his confidence begin to expand last night.

the microwave
    Participant

the proper spacing in the NBA game helped Turner out tremendously.. In summer lg / preseason your playing with mostly outcasts, or guys "trying to do them"….. After seeing last night, Turner looks like he might get comfortable real quick. I saw his confidence begin to expand last night.

Entropy
    Participant

John wall will do well, especially since Gilbert isn’t playing the first 2 games of the season.

Entropy
    Participant

John wall will do well, especially since Gilbert isn’t playing the first 2 games of the season.

I NO NOTHING
    Participant

not hard to score 12 pts on knicks and not play defense thats a fact if you look at history of players who played for dantoni!

I NO NOTHING
    Participant

not hard to score 12 pts on knicks and not play defense thats a fact if you look at history of players who played for dantoni!

BasketBalAllan
    Participant

I am really hoping that with Dalembert out for a little bit that Whiteside gets a chance to see a few stints of quality playing time, instead of just getting 2 minutes at a time. The Kings have already stated that they feel they can move Landry to SF and play big to give some of their other bigs a chance to see some more playing time, and Whiteside really impressed me when he played vs. the Jazz.

BasketBalAllan
    Participant

I am really hoping that with Dalembert out for a little bit that Whiteside gets a chance to see a few stints of quality playing time, instead of just getting 2 minutes at a time. The Kings have already stated that they feel they can move Landry to SF and play big to give some of their other bigs a chance to see some more playing time, and Whiteside really impressed me when he played vs. the Jazz.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Blake Griffin owned them all, John Wall is gonna make a statement and emerge as a Top 10 PG in this league on opening night.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Blake Griffin owned them all, John Wall is gonna make a statement and emerge as a Top 10 PG in this league on opening night.

bkballer
    Participant

you definitely NO NOTHING, because defense is Landry’s strength. People that dont know basketball also confused pace and defense. On the Suns where D Antoni had decent defensive players his defensive efficiency was in the teens in the league. No hes not a defensive mastermind, but people over exaggerate how bad he is defensively.

bkballer
    Participant

you definitely NO NOTHING, because defense is Landry’s strength. People that dont know basketball also confused pace and defense. On the Suns where D Antoni had decent defensive players his defensive efficiency was in the teens in the league. No hes not a defensive mastermind, but people over exaggerate how bad he is defensively.

bigblackNbeautiful
    Participant

But Jeremy Evans is a pretty solid 2nd steal for the jazz again

bigblackNbeautiful
    Participant

But Jeremy Evans is a pretty solid 2nd steal for the jazz again

JoeWolf1

A lot of those guys with DNPs will get in game 2.  Thats not all that un common to sit out a rookie for the first game and let it sink in.

JoeWolf1

A lot of those guys with DNPs will get in game 2.  Thats not all that un common to sit out a rookie for the first game and let it sink in.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Not to be a homer but, there was def an ET sighting last night.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Not to be a homer but, there was def an ET sighting last night.

Michael.S.
    Participant

yea, Turner played well. Espcially since he had to deal with LeBron and Wade all night. Talk about a challenge for your debut.

Michael.S.
    Participant

yea, Turner played well. Espcially since he had to deal with LeBron and Wade all night. Talk about a challenge for your debut.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

In cased you missed it, this is what happens when you sleep on him.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

In cased you missed it, this is what happens when you sleep on him.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login