This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Malik-Universal 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Malik-Universal
    Participant

both teams beat the same team in the finals: Lakers

which defense was better and why

llperez

both great defensive teams, but the celtics get my vote without hesitation. KG was still a top 5 mvp candidate and hadnt gone through injuries yet. He punked pau in the finals. James posey was a very good perimiter defender and gets the edge over prince. Celtics were a little more physical. But detorits team was great defensively too. Ben wallace and rasheed wallace and tayshaun prince was a lockdown frontcourt although the backcourt was nothing too special on defense. Lindsey hunter was getting older but could still come and disrupt things for short stretches. Probably the two best defensive teams i’ve ever seen.

llperez

both great defensive teams, but the celtics get my vote without hesitation. KG was still a top 5 mvp candidate and hadnt gone through injuries yet. He punked pau in the finals. James posey was a very good perimiter defender and gets the edge over prince. Celtics were a little more physical. But detorits team was great defensively too. Ben wallace and rasheed wallace and tayshaun prince was a lockdown frontcourt although the backcourt was nothing too special on defense. Lindsey hunter was getting older but could still come and disrupt things for short stretches. Probably the two best defensive teams i’ve ever seen.

AllDayyy
    Participant

celtics easily. that piston team was the worst champ in the last 20 yrs

AllDayyy
    Participant

celtics easily. that piston team was the worst champ in the last 20 yrs

llperez

worst champ in the last 20 years? I would say the 2006 heat team in my opinion are the worst championship team i have seen in the last 20 years. If dallas doesnt choke their as.ses off they would have a ring right now. It was basically the wade show.

llperez

worst champ in the last 20 years? I would say the 2006 heat team in my opinion are the worst championship team i have seen in the last 20 years. If dallas doesnt choke their as.ses off they would have a ring right now. It was basically the wade show.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

personally… idk… the pistons had an amazing defense and completly shut down kobe, malone, and payton.. but then again, malone was hurt and old and payton was just old… so idk, i would probably say the celtics to, tho my pistons do hold the record in the 2004 season for 5 str8 games holding teams under 70 pts. and  they hold the record for fewest opponents ppg that season to allowing only 84.3… but then again, the league had just allowed teams to incoperate zone defense, hence teams had a tougher time scoring the ball.

verdict: cant go wrong with either one… if i had a gun to my head… the C’s

Malik-Universal
    Participant

personally… idk… the pistons had an amazing defense and completly shut down kobe, malone, and payton.. but then again, malone was hurt and old and payton was just old… so idk, i would probably say the celtics to, tho my pistons do hold the record in the 2004 season for 5 str8 games holding teams under 70 pts. and  they hold the record for fewest opponents ppg that season to allowing only 84.3… but then again, the league had just allowed teams to incoperate zone defense, hence teams had a tougher time scoring the ball.

verdict: cant go wrong with either one… if i had a gun to my head… the C’s

Malik-Universal
    Participant

i agree with u LL…. the mavs chocked huge D’s with that series after game 2… the pistons 04 team is very underrated… they had a very deep team to

Malik-Universal
    Participant

i agree with u LL…. the mavs chocked huge D’s with that series after game 2… the pistons 04 team is very underrated… they had a very deep team to

flibbenmcg
    Participant

Im all for the 04 Pistons. They had a lockdown D, wicked rebounding from every position but SG. They beat the lakers with Kobe, Payton, Malone, and Shaq when he was still fairly dominant. They won pretty much every game off of great D. Not to discredit the Celtics D or anything as it is also pretty stellar.

flibbenmcg
    Participant

Im all for the 04 Pistons. They had a lockdown D, wicked rebounding from every position but SG. They beat the lakers with Kobe, Payton, Malone, and Shaq when he was still fairly dominant. They won pretty much every game off of great D. Not to discredit the Celtics D or anything as it is also pretty stellar.

Ghost01
    Participant

Pistons. They won an NBA title completely on defense. Theyre offensive "star" was Chauncey Billups…People forget what it was like playing vs the Wallaces in a 7 game series. The C’s were very very good, but they had the offense to boot as well.

Ghost01
    Participant

Pistons. They won an NBA title completely on defense. Theyre offensive "star" was Chauncey Billups…People forget what it was like playing vs the Wallaces in a 7 game series. The C’s were very very good, but they had the offense to boot as well.

DoubleNickelsDurr55
    Participant

If you want to compare the pistons and Celtics Defenses its far to early to compare. To me already the celtics have better defense but thats without Both O’neals and perkins. Imagine KG with 3 other bigs who can block shots and beast on post d, he would have more energy for weakside rebounds and block shots. When they are all healthy you will see how insane that D is. Ask this same question again when everyone is healthy and I garuntee there will be no comparison. Celtics D could stop superman himself, haha.

DoubleNickelsDurr55
    Participant

If you want to compare the pistons and Celtics Defenses its far to early to compare. To me already the celtics have better defense but thats without Both O’neals and perkins. Imagine KG with 3 other bigs who can block shots and beast on post d, he would have more energy for weakside rebounds and block shots. When they are all healthy you will see how insane that D is. Ask this same question again when everyone is healthy and I garuntee there will be no comparison. Celtics D could stop superman himself, haha.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

people forgot that time the pistons got those 19 blocks in game 2 of the ECF in 04 vs the pacers

Malik-Universal
    Participant

people forgot that time the pistons got those 19 blocks in game 2 of the ECF in 04 vs the pacers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login