This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ItsVictorOladipo 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Toronto16
    Participant

If the 2003 draft was re done, and teams knew how good each player was going to be, would it have looked like this?

1. Cavs: Dwyane Wade
    2. Pistons: Carmelo Anthony
    3. Nuggets: Lebron James
    4. Raptors: Chris Bosh

I mean, with Lebron not being a franchise player and all….

MagikKnick
    Participant

1. Heat: Lebron James
    2. Heat: Dwyane Wade
    3. Heat: Chris Bosh

StF616
    Participant

Lol…
    LeBron Not a Franchise Player…

RICO 1981
    Participant

Lol, man I get you but I think Lebron would still go first. Subtract Darko, I’m going with this

1.CAVS- Lebron
    2. Pistons- D-Wade
    3. Nuggets Melo
    4. Raptors-Chris Bosh
    5. Heat- Josh Howard or Chris Karman ??????

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

1. Cavs: Dwyane Wade
    2. Pistons: Carmelo Anthony
    3. Nuggets: Lebron James
    4. Raptors: Chris Bosh

Come on man. Stop that. LeBron would not have dropped to 3rd. He was the best player in that draft period.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

@churchboy1

I get your point, but let’s be real here lol… LeBron James would and should be the top pick.

As a matter of fact, I can’t think of too many players in NBA history that’d I’d select over him with the top pick. There are only a handfull of players I’d select over him.

B-ball fan
    Participant

Carmelo over LeBron. Wade over LeBron is arguable: I wouldn’t do it, but Carmelo over LeBron is a move no team in the league would do. Why all the hate on LeBron. OK, the “Decision” show turned out to be bad pr. I guess he just isn’t as good at marketing himself. Its ridiculous not to call LeBron a franchise player. Yeah, he won’t lead the Heat in scoring next year, but he will be their best player.

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

What the hell are you talkin about. It would be,

1. LeBron
    2. D-Wade
    3. Melo
    4. CB4

Toronto16
    Participant

Guys lol…. Relax I am just kidding. But you have to admit, right now he is not THE franchise player on his team.

Platypus
    Participant

to be honest Detroit would have probably went Big in this draft just like they did with Darko

McWinning
    Participant

By your theory theirs only one franchise player in the nba.

for someone to be a franchise player in your opinion do they have to win a title?

Toronto16
    Participant

Star player at least

billyk
    Participant

Wait wasnt Lebron carrying the Cavs??

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

Cavs – Lebron James – ROY, 2 MVP awards and the best player in franchise history, why would they change this pick?

Pistons – Chris Bosh. They had Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups in their prime, Dwyane Wade would have been unneccesary. Prince was a shut down defender and integral to their style of play so replacing him with Anthony might not have been the best idea. Bosh would have given them a reliable 20-10 guy and would have allowed Rasheed Wallace to come off the bench, If they had known then what we know now they would have also realized that they wouldn’t be able to keep talented young PF-C Mehmet Okur.

Nuggets – Dwyane Wade. Anthony is a great player but Wade can do more things. He’s a better passer and defender.

Raptors – Carmelo Anthony. Best player left. No other explanation needed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login