This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar llperez 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    chocboywndr
    Participant

I have had this argument with my brother in law for years. I think the 2 home games, 3 home game, 2 home games kills the whole concept of home court adavantage. If you lose one game as OKC did you never get the chance to go back home and break momentum. The 2-2-1-1-1 was much fairer, people say that its hard on body cross counrty traveling that is a load of crap these guys fly on luxury planes and stay nice hotels. If they need an extra day so be it. I am not saying this because I am OKC fan but as a basketball fan. The set up needs to be changed back to the the old way, somethings don’t need to be changed.

thatshitkray
    Participant

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

B-ball fan
    Participant

Why does a team really need home court advantage in the Finals?  I like this way because it distorts any supposed home court advantage and adds drama.  Game 5s are so pressure packed now.  If the Thunder were to win last night, the end of the series would be really dramatic.  It also just makes the finals more unpredictable by giving a partial advantage to the team without home court advantage.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

I dont mind it really. At least it’s not like MLBs divisional round now 2-3 with the low seed getting the first 2 home games.

drk3351
    Participant

I agree they should keep the 2-2-1-1-1 the  whole playoffs, but if you lose 4 outta five games including two at home, you dont deserve to win the title in the first place. 

omphalos
    Participant

I agree, I much rather the format for the regular playoffs, it leads to a lot more drama than the Finals setup IMO, I hate the idea that they get three straight at home.

bobbyb
    Participant

I prefer the 2-3-2  for one reason, there is much less traveling that the players must endure. Traveling is energy consuming,  Messes up sleep patterns ,changing time zones ect. This is why i prefer 2-3-2

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

If you’re going to be the NBA Champion, shouldn’t you be able to win on the road?

Ghost01
    Participant

I think it’s kind of silly to have different rounds have different formats, but I think the 2-3-2 argument that it hurts the home team is insane.

If the home team does what its suppose to do, and go up 2-0, now the road team has 3 straight home games and thats it. They now basically have to beat a superior team 3 times in a row to have a realistic shot in the series. 

llperez

i do not think the 2-3-2 benefits one team over the other. At the end of the day, if the home team wins one at home then takes just one of 3 on the road, they have 2 shots at home to wrap up the series at the end. No excuses for either team with the current format. Now with that being said, i dont know why they dont just stick to a 2-2-1-1-1 like every other round. It really does seem the most balanced way to approach it and i have no idea the reasoning behind making it different for the finals as if having to fly an extra time or two is some huge deal to players who fly year round.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login