This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by marcusfizer21marcusfizer21 marcusfizer21 13 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    skate1385
    Participant

Clippers 1-Dirk  nowitzki

Grizzlies 2-vince carter

Nuggets 3-Pual pierce

Raptors  4-Antawn Jamison

GAW 5-Rashared lewis

Dallas 6-Brad miller

Kings 7-Mike Bibby

76ers 8-Al harrington

Bunks 9-Larry hughes

Boston 10-Jason Williams

Pistons 11-Rafer Alston

Magic 12-rick davis

Magic 13-Cuttino Mobley

top 13 of the 1998 nba draft.  who will you  put for no.2 vince or paul?

AndyBeng2
    Participant

Pierce #2, he never quit on his team like Vince.

AndyBeng2
    Participant

Pierce #2, he never quit on his team like Vince.

McDunkin

i would take paul because of his consistency

McDunkin

i would take paul because of his consistency

andxxx
    Participant

Vince is way more athletic and flashier than Pierce, but Pierce is the better player

andxxx
    Participant

Vince is way more athletic and flashier than Pierce, but Pierce is the better player

basedSERB
    Participant

nooooooo vince carter is better man,, ok paul pierce has championships, but thats only because of his teammates kevin garnett and ray allen(and rondo) . vince carter is one of the best basketball players ive ever seen in my life. hes clutch, crazy atlethism and what other 34 year old do you1 know that can drop 50+ points in one game. also, i bet if you put vince carter on a team with 2 top 10 players he would also get rings. dude is a monster, just look at carters stats, vince averages 20+ points, 5+rpg,5+apg, and blocks and steals. pierce is REALLY good too, but i think vince is the better indivudual player

basedSERB
    Participant

nooooooo vince carter is better man,, ok paul pierce has championships, but thats only because of his teammates kevin garnett and ray allen(and rondo) . vince carter is one of the best basketball players ive ever seen in my life. hes clutch, crazy atlethism and what other 34 year old do you1 know that can drop 50+ points in one game. also, i bet if you put vince carter on a team with 2 top 10 players he would also get rings. dude is a monster, just look at carters stats, vince averages 20+ points, 5+rpg,5+apg, and blocks and steals. pierce is REALLY good too, but i think vince is the better indivudual player

fastdan
    Participant

Vince has no heart

fastdan
    Participant

Vince has no heart

hiphopismylife
    Participant

Vince hasnt been the same since that 2001 conference semis loss. Major turning point in his career. And Pierce had some great years in the early 2000’s with Walker to go along with his finals MVP

hiphopismylife
    Participant

Vince hasnt been the same since that 2001 conference semis loss. Major turning point in his career. And Pierce had some great years in the early 2000’s with Walker to go along with his finals MVP

PaulsJayhawks
    Participant

No question Pierce he has had better longetivy, health and has been better for his organization. How many other players have had 1 team. Vince is more dynamic, may have been better in his absolute prime but all day long I take pierce.

PaulsJayhawks
    Participant

No question Pierce he has had better longetivy, health and has been better for his organization. How many other players have had 1 team. Vince is more dynamic, may have been better in his absolute prime but all day long I take pierce.

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

i mo no doubt its pierce

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

i mo no doubt its pierce

Platypus
    Participant

I would take Vince, the Grizz have always had a hard time selling tickets and he would bring people to the game from his flashiness and he has skill, but he can sell tickets which is what this team has always had problems with

Platypus
    Participant

I would take Vince, the Grizz have always had a hard time selling tickets and he would bring people to the game from his flashiness and he has skill, but he can sell tickets which is what this team has always had problems with

Anton123
    Participant

If this happened, I’m pretty sure Dirk would be a total bust.

The Grizzlies would probably still suck

The Nuggets woul’dve been good:

PG Billups

SG Van Exel

SF Pierce

PF Fortston

C McDyess

No true centre, but if McDyess stays healthy they’ll be in the play offs in a year or two

Raptors still suck, Magic would actually be really good.

I would take J.Williams over Hughes

Anton123
    Participant

If this happened, I’m pretty sure Dirk would be a total bust.

The Grizzlies would probably still suck

The Nuggets woul’dve been good:

PG Billups

SG Van Exel

SF Pierce

PF Fortston

C McDyess

No true centre, but if McDyess stays healthy they’ll be in the play offs in a year or two

Raptors still suck, Magic would actually be really good.

I would take J.Williams over Hughes

JoeWolf1

I remember thinking Paul Pierce was going to go #2 that year.  It was kind of a shock he dropped to #10, and they never really gave a definitive answer why he fell so far.  Worked out alright for Paul though

JoeWolf1

I remember thinking Paul Pierce was going to go #2 that year.  It was kind of a shock he dropped to #10, and they never really gave a definitive answer why he fell so far.  Worked out alright for Paul though

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

That was the worst pick ever…

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

That was the worst pick ever…

marcusfizer21marcusfizer21
    marcusfizer21
    Participant

This was the draft where the Kandiman was born… The Human Ebola Virus so to speak… I remembered him being touted as the next Olajuwon… what a laugh!

marcusfizer21
    Participant

This was the draft where the Kandiman was born… The Human Ebola Virus so to speak… I remembered him being touted as the next Olajuwon… what a laugh!

marcusfizer21
    Participant

where do you think would Kandiman have placed if you re-do this draft?

marcusfizer21
    Participant

where do you think would Kandiman have placed if you re-do this draft?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login