VOTE or DIE...
LOL... I just want to understand everyone perception on players in the league and RANKINGS....
Rank the best players in the NBA in a list from 1 to 5... Not your favorite players, actually players that are #1, 2,.....etc.. the best in the league... Also, give valid reasons why you chose them, with the good and the bad... I'm going to lay out the format...
My top 5 BEST
1. Kobe- Don't having any holes in his game, compete at a high level on both ends of the floor, will give you 30 and hold you to 15... Got a 3pt shot, mid-range, post-up, has everything, virtually unstoppable... BUT can become shot happy, takes alot of bad shots (hits alot of them tho), stop himself from becoming the all-time greatest by taking a high number of difficult shots, Kills his percentage...
2. D. Wade- Explosive, capable of scoring in bunches, can take over a game by himself, the fastest first step in the league, steals and block shots at a high rate (doing it at 6'4 is NUTS)... Got mid-range, post-up, go to move, leader... BUT lacks a 3pt shot, freethrow percentage should be better due to his deadly mid-range, GAMBLES too much on defense, can be turnover prone when caught doing too much, passes pretty well but can throw a few passes away, not a defensive stopper...
3. LeBron- GREATEST Athlete of all-time, physical, vision is almost second to none, capable of a triple-double any given night, when shot is on shows glimpses of being the G.O.A.T. no way to guard him, scores through out the course of a game... Got a decent 3pt, strong with the ball, sets teammates up... BUT has no go to moves (only move is a behind the back dribble into a low % shot or go to the hole), lean too much on teammates at difficult times, lacks mid-range to keep the defense honest, capable of blocking shots but only from weak side, man to man defense isn't something he's capable of doing, has a difficult time figuring out HOW to be a leader in certain situations...
4. CP3- One of the purest PG to ever grace the league, knows how to run a team, vocal leader, knows when to shoot or pass or drive, the best decision maker in the NBA, steals a lot of balls at a high clip.. Got a 3pt shot, mid-range, can finish in the lane while being 6 foot, handles and spin move is one of the best in the league... BUT can't defend ANYONE, gambles too much, get caught doing to much at times and leads to turnovers or a blocked shot, too small to guard someone bigger than him...
5. D-Howard (i kno)- One of the most athletic freaks at the center position ala Shaq, rebounding machine, can take over a game without scoring, blocks shots at a high rate, changes more shots than he blocks, hard to stop while next to the basket especially if he gathers himself... Got rebounding skills, blocks, physical, big, dunk almost everything... BUT freethrows is his biggest problem right now, have a sweeping hook, but that's the only advanced move he has in the low post, gathers himself for a dunk to low and takes too long, small legs although he's huge up top can get pushed out the post too easy, personality is hard to read for his teammates (don't know if he able to push teammates to greatness because he's too silly)....
Comments? Good idea or a bad one? If it works out I'll create another post giving the results on whose the unanimous #1, 2, etc... Its was kinda hard to do because you CANT be bias... I think this will show who's WHO as far as basketball minds... LOL... Good luck....
Wow...I 100% agree. I thought i was the only one who thought that....wow
also, what range for Durant?
lebron man to man defense is good. what the hell are u talking about.
I agree 100% with this
and for Durant.. I'd put him from 6-8 along with Williams and Roy.
1. Dwayne Wade - Say what you want, his team success might not make up for it, but Dwayne Wade is the best individual player in the NBA, hes a superstar that does the dirty work, and has the ability to absolutely take over a game..
2. Kobe Bryant - I dont even know how to explain Kobe, 4 Championships, best scorer in the game, has every part of his game top notch, can score in everyway possible..
3. LeBron James - Great, future HOFer, can explode for 50 points today, and give you a triple double tomorrow, Hes super competitive, does everything...extremely versatile, though..the Cavs dont use his versatility, just a physical freak
4. Chris Paul
5. Kevin Garnett
I left out D-How, because his game is not complete yet, once he develops those post moves, he'll move into 5
but this is just my opinion, theres no right or wrong with this..
Oh, and KG is not really my #5, just thought i'd put him there since he was the first guy to pop in my head..
But as far as being good HELL NAW... I watched too many times him getting killed, he don't even give players headaches... I know he sits down like he plays D, but I call this Show and Go... Steve Nash does this too... They LOOK like they sitting down playing or hounding their man, but with one quick move LeBron is still sitting there looking at the player go past or hitting a shot over him... Need proof go look at the series versus the Magic, Turk and Alston lit LeBron up whenever he was guarding them...
And R-Dot what about Melo?
1)Kobe- Is the most skilled player in the game. Has one of the toughest mentalities in the game, never get's rattled or backs down from anything. His ability to hit tough contested shots from anywhere within 30 feet is the best to have ever played the game. With his combination of ball handling, shooting, defense, post game, and unlimited mid range moves, he is as close to ungaurdable as it get's....But He sometime get's caught up in one on one challenges or showing off and forcing bad shots.
2)-Lebron-Greatest combination of size and athleticism this game has seen. Still improving each season in all phases of the game. Get's into the lane at will and often powers through contact. When hot from the outside, he is ungaurdable. Great court vision and unselfishness....But he can be inconsistent from the perimeter. Late in games, he loses some confidence in his outside shot and tends to force it into the paint. Should be able to punish perimeter guys on the post more often with his size, but prefers to play almost strictly on the outside.
3)Wade-Great mid range pull up jumper. Great at getting into the lane. Can handle the ball at full speed and still play under control and change directions in traffic. Mentally tough and willing to take and make the big shots. Perimeter shot and defense improving....But still too inconsistent from 3. Can get caught trying to force things that are'nt there and thus lead to turnovers. Does'nt get seperation for his jumper as well as the two guys listed above.
4)Paul- Controls the ball on every possesion and can make entire team better. Does'nt settle for bad shots. Gets into the lane at will and shows great patience and decission making when he does. Very unselfish and plays pg as naturally as one can. Excellent ball handling....But, not great off the dribble shooter, usually needs his feet set and shoulders squared to be effective. Does'nt blow you away with size or athleticism. Can tend to over penetrate as he lacks some confidence in his outside shot. Man to man defense can use improvement.
5)Duncan- Great post game. Patient and rarely forces anything. Good either facing the basket from the perimeter or down low. Good passer who draws double teams and finds open man. Defense and rebounding are still at an elite level. His overall presence makes team better even if it does'nt show up in boxscores....But is slowing down a bit. While consistently solid, showing less abilty to takeover games. Free throw shooting a question mark. Can tend to be a little too patient letting game come to him instead of going out and getting it.
I'm in the Few Here, but I rank them
Bryant, Wade, James, Paul, Durant
To me Dwyane Wade is better than Lebron James regardless of what's around either of them. Dwyane Wade is everything Ronnie Fields would have been in the NBA and I enjoy watching him bust his ass more on the defensive end that Lebron Dropping 10 dunks a game.
LeBron James-best player to build around in the NBA. Amazing size/speed combination and a tremendous athlete. Extremely unselfish player, has great vision and is a great defender when motivated. Don't know how people can say Wade is better then Bron Bron, what is he better then Mr. james other then FT shooting? Lebron does need to cut the antics though and work on getting a deadly jumper, and being focused on defense more often.
Kobe Bryant-In my mind the best scorer in the NBA, has no real weaknesses other then effort related ones (defense, shot selection, selfishness?). Best mid range shooter in the game, deadly from long rang, great athlete still and knows how to beat a defense. Needs to to be less of a dictator and more of a playmaker.
Dwyane Wade-Great athlete and fantastic scorer, lots of his success is due to his ability to get to the FT line and get opposing teams in foul trouble. Very very good shot blocker for a guard especially at his height. I believe he averaged over 1 per game, very ball dominant which leads to inflated assised numbers, although he is a good passer.
Chris Paul-A fantastic pg who can do it all, he has a decent jump shot and can dominate defenders by blowing past them and finishing at the rack or making a spectacular pass to an open teammate. His vision and creativity are really mindblowing. Very good at pickpocketing players although not a great defender man to man.
Dwight Howard-Probably the biggest mismatch in the league other then LBJ (maybe). With his size at aroudn 7' , 265 and his elite athleticism and quickness he can be a nightmare for the bigger slower big men, but also has the strength to bully the little quick guys. Dominant presence as defender, especially rebounding and shot blocking. No true post moves and he still gets roughly 21 and 13 per night. Astounding.
Rounding out the top 10
6. Carmelo Anthony
7. Deron Williams
8. Kevin Durant
9. Tim Ducan
10. Brandon Roy
Im so tempted to put Iguodala 1st lol...but I'll be serious
1. Lebron James: He isnt all that polished on offense, but he still can average 30 ppg easily. Shows just how much better he can get, which is scary. Gets to the rim literally 100% of the time he decides to. About as physically gifted as anyone to ever play. Can play every position for PG to PF and be an elite player at every position. When he becomes an even better shooter and devlops a mid range game he will be one of the best ever to play basketball. He is an overrated defender, not that good on the ball and he can be broken down off the dribble. He plays his best D in transition, when he can reach full speed and pen shots on the backboard or when he plays the passing lanes. Still the best player to me.
2. Kobe Bryant: He is just about everything you want in a player. He is a prototype of a great offensive 2-guard. He scores at every 3 level of the floor efficient and effective. can post, shoot spot ups, create for himself, pull up, everything. Is the best shooter in the NBA with a hand in his face. When he wants to prove something, he will get on real hot shooting streaks. Also like James is an overrated defender who usually guards the other teams 5th option. He will defend when he has to, and he changes his stances and guards the other teams best perimeter player in crunch time. Some would say my top 2 should switch, but its how I feel about both of them.
3. Dwyane Wade: Also has the ability to score in ever way possible, but he is a more acrobatic finisher than both Lebron and Kobe. He used to not be able to shoot, but now he can go on impressive streaks. He has to be one of the best finishers in the NBA. He plays great defense, and he will look down his macthup, especially when focused (Joe Johnson in the 1st round). He has to carry Miami, and he will probably do it again unless they get some free agents.
4. Chris Paul: The best PG in the game. Scores just as good as he creates for others, which is saying alot. Gets to the rim and gets easy shots for himself with his quickness and athleticism. Still probably and average shooter. The best playmaker in the NBA. He can be taken advantage of on D because he's small, but he makes up for it by creating havoc in the passing lanes. Will be more effective when the Hornets get him a little more help.
5. Dwight Howard: Say all you want about him being overrated and not having any moves, but you cant say he isnt the strongest player in the game right now. Why use a bunch of post moves when your stronger than everyone? He is limited there no question, but not very much. Getting more moves is not hold him back, it will just make him that much better. Of course, he is a shot changer and blocker. Cant be back down.
like my other post said
1. LeBron~ there isn't a more unstoppable player once he gets going downhill... He needs to add a post game (as I've mentioned before) but I think if I had to take LeBron or Kobe, I'd take LeBron.
2. Kobe~ probably the best all-around player. He doesn't have one weakness besides caring WAY too much about what the world thinks of him. Just be yourself... he's been in the spotlight for too long. I wish he'd post up more and shoot less fade aways from 20+ feet
3. Wade~ I don't know if there's a guy that I want in the 4th quarter more than Dwyane- when he's healthy- which is definitely an issue for him. The guy can change directions like nobody's business when he's taking it to the rim. He's also probably the best at absorbing the contact and finishing to get the and-1
4. CP3- he runs the show like stockton did. he always knows where his teammates are, and he still manages to be a 20 pt scorer.
5. KG- he is the most intense basketball player there is. that combined with 7-1 and a jumper makes him tough to stop. back in the day he could literally guard anyone from PG-C, which still might be the case, although we'll see how he is after his first real injury.
Ok here goes nothin'
1. Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant- Man is a beast. Most clutch player in the game by a mile. He will's his teams to victory late. There are many out there who don't like him. But you can't argue with pure talent. Better shooter than Lebron. Better PG skills than lebron. Better clutchnessity than Lebron(Yes, I said clutchnessity) I give the edge to Kobe.
2. Lebron "King James/The savior/LBJ" James- James is unstoppable. He drives to the hoop at ease. He muscles even the biggest guys out of the lane. He has amazing athleticism. The only edge that puts him below kobe is that he's not as clutch. Nothing away from LBJ though. He will dominate this league for a good more 8 years.
3. Chris "CP3" Paul- Possibly the funnest player in the league to watch. He's single handedly keeping New Orleans from going bankrupt. He is the best PG in the league. Crazy passing and floor management. Blows by everyone.
4. Dwayne "The flash" Wade- Best true scorer in the league. Can create for himself in so many ways. He's probably a better PG than Kobe and Lebron but that may be because of his team. Yes I put Pual above him. I believe that Wade is asked to do too much. His numbers may be inflated.
5. Dwight "Superman" Howard.- Crazy athletic. Defense is top notch. Not yet sound offensively but there's not many who will argue he's not the best center in the league.
How is LeBron not clutch? He can't cover 5 players by himself. No way Kobe has more pg skills then LeBron either, that has to be a joke. Wade played pg for a few years too, and he wasn't very good at it.
When did I say Lebron wasn't clutch? He's probably the 2nd most clutch player in the league. But Kobe's number one and that's why I give him the edge. Also when it comes to taking the ball up the court and running plays and really working for teammates I give the edge to Kobe and Wade. Lebron gets dimes cuz the entire defense is looking at him. He probably is a better passer than the other to so he gets more dimes that are on the highlight real. But thats not what being a pg is about. Hey it's just an opinion.
Oh my bad, I misread it. I thought you said he wasn't clutch instead of "not as".
I think the consensus is there are are 4 guys on tier 1: LeBron, Kobe, Wade, and CP3
after that, there is a second tier of guys that includes KG, Dwight, Durant, BRoy, Duncan, Deron Williams ....
Oh yes I forgot about Melo.
Here's my top 5
Im surprised to see CP3 in a lot of your top 5's when many people are saying that D-Will is better than him..
I dont agree with those people..
Im not saying everyone does agree with them, but I have seen a lot of people that think D-Will is better, but from this post it seems like everyone thinks CP3 is a top 5 player and D-Will isnt.
I'm not trying to hate but "YupYup"... Are you saying LeBron is the best player to build around or the BEST in the league? Because everything you have said makes me think, you might think he's going to be the best... Not sure if I would call him the best after what you gave... But a great critique...
Iggy- I don't agree with your #1, but I can dig the reasons... And I appreciate you not being bias- not saying other people did...
Looks like LeBron becoming #1... And a few people are saying Durant, but no one has put the description down...
Duncan is undervalued he should be over Howard, dude is the greatest power foward of all time.... I know he is up there in age but I dude put up 19 ppg 11 reb 2 blks and 4 asst a game last year while battling injury.... I think if his team is healthy he can make an even bigger impact.... I would take a healthy Duncan over Howard TODAY (obviously Howard in the future)..... Duncan bring professional, class, leadership and a champions mentality.... He is the most fundamentally sound and consistent big man in the league (offensively and defensively)......
with that list 100%. dont worry about wat others say. ppl of course will have exceptions becuase they dont see their favorite player on the list. Just like me. i mean it kills me 2 see cp3 ahead of deron williams but at the same time i have 2 respect the fact that Cp3 is a more household name and gets more exposure. but anyway like i said the list is very solid and i had no problem with any of the descriptions. good $hit!!!
tuck, the real question is have u taken any CPAs... i got FAR in 9 days. i can't account for all those topics man