Last call for alcohol! I find it amusing many of you all take my Hubie Brown persona seriously and discredit my vast basketball intelligence. Please don't be fooled or vacuous by the alter ego, it's bad enough you steal my points regardless of my point.
I've been wrong before (but not much):
Devendorf being drafted and the Denver Nuggets beating the L.A. Lakers. Note: Had the Nuggets found any way to inbound the pass, they may have won the series. But they didn't
Here's where I've been right:
1. The Lakers since adding Artest will three-peat with or without Lamar Odom. Kobe, Like Tom Brady, will always attract big-time free agents. And Kobe and Artest is the NBA version of having two shut down corner backs.
2. The Knicks suck. Over the last DECADE, they've given big-time money to Jerome James ($40 mil), Jalen Rose, Malik Rose, Francis, Shandon Anderson, McDyess, Howard Eisley, Maurice Taylor, Eddy Curry and even traded for Zach Randolph. The last one wasn't too bad. Really, this is inexcusable for a New York franchise.
3. Dwight Howard is overrated and doesn't having any post up moves where he can score, which was why he only had one good fourth quarter in the playoffs.
4. Carmelo Anthony is a BETTER PURE scorer than Dwayne Wade. He increased his three-point percentage, he can score in the post (the BIG BULLY) and Carmelo is more efficient. If D-Wade had Melo's athletic ability, he wouldn't score nearly as much.
5. If I started a team this SECOND, it would be Kobe Byrant and not Lebron James. Kobe won a ring and fought through the Western Conference, while Lebron didn't make the finals coming out of the East.
6. The Eastern Conference is like the sophomore high school squad. They are not better than the West. The 8th seed East team made the playoffs with 37 wins (a losing record), while it took 45 wins for the West.
One more thing, I would probably be the point leader on this site, if people wouldn't steal my points because of my signature. So what, I'm cocky. Leave it alone. At least I'm being myself. And I never sit on the fence. I always have an opinion on something.
Case Closed: Dhamp is the Real McCoy, don't get it twisted.
Dhamp=Hubie Bronwn...the most trusted name in basketball. And the most popular user on this site.
I gave you a point. This is good stuff. Even though I disagree with all your points except the Knicks...they do suck but even that is getting ready to change.
1. Wrong...no Odom...lack of bench
2. Right. We did add bad contracts...not paid bad contracts. We gave James 5 year-30 mil as well.
3. Wrong again buddy- Dwight is improving and at this rate could be a all-time big man
5.Wrong. Your not wrong, I just disagree. LBJ is a beast and is the best overall player in the NBA.
btw...i don't take your points...i just disagree.
i may have went too far calling you a village idiot...so my bad. That's not cool, were hear to talk ball
i thought knicksboy was being harsh but you're an idiot... 'here's where i have been right....'
1. the lakers will three-peat. you can't cite one of your predictions as being right if it hasn't happened yet.
2. everyone knows the knicks suck
3. Dwight Howard led his team to the finals so...that must mean he's overrated. again, dumb
4. Carmelo.... didn't even shoot a higher FG% than Wade, and got to the line less than Wade... so how does that make him more efficient?
5. If you put LeBron on the Lakers and Kobe on the Cavs, LeBron wins a title. again, dumb.
6. There might be more depth in the West, but the Cavs (because of bron) the Celtics (if KG is healthy) and the Magic (Dwight, VC, Rashard...) are definitely all legit title contenders...
you would probably not have so many negative points if you didn't say so many ignorant things.
I agree about Carmelo and Kobe. Carmelo has the all-round scoring ability but Wade was in a bad situation last year. Wade will do better with better players around him, but Carmelo has more tools to score with.
I like Kobe better than LeBron. Kobe has learned to run a team. LeBron will get there I think, but Kobe had to learn too. Kobe had some frustrating years (remember when he wanted to go to Chicago?). Give LeBron some time.
1. I never understand when people make "if" scenarios. "If Wade had Carmelo's athletic ability, he wouldnt score as much." If he had Carmelo's athletic ability, he would Carmelo Anthony. But he isnt, is he? So blame God for that.
2. I think Dwight Howard doesnt have any true post moves, he uses his strength to score. I agree. But he isnt overrated. He is a presence down low on both sides of the ball thats has to be accounted for at all times. If you go in the lane soft, he will send your ball into outer space. If you play weak post defense, he will dunk on you. And rip down the goal. Name a center better than him? Yea, because that man isnt in the league right now. He is the standard for NBA centers at the moment.
Other than those to, I agree with everything you said. I honestly dont have any problems with you sir, but I dont think your being yourself. Maybe its just me, but I think your signature is that way because you thought you were making good posts and nobody paid attention to them, so you did something to catch everyones attention. It's no problem, just saying what I think. I could be wrong.
what team in the west wouldve beat a healthy boston and orlando besides the lakers #5
I agree with everything but #4. Wade is a a flat out baller and drops big numbers on the regular. Everything else sounds right.
Lakers will repeat, the Knicks are a joke, DHoward averaged 15 points and was straight up outplayed by Gasol, Kobe is better then Lebron.
And watching the Hawks and Heat battle it out in a riveting 4/5 matchup while Boston advanced without KG and Orlando punked Cleveland made realize the east still sucks. The Magic were probably the 3rd or 4th toughest team the Lakers played in the playoffs.
#1 healthy spurs going to the finals
"5. If I started a team this SECOND, it would be Kobe Byrant and not Lebron James. Kobe won a ring and fought through the Western Conference, while Lebron didn't make the finals coming out of the East."
You sound like a smart GM.... YOu would take a 30 yr old (KOBE) b4 you would take a 24 year old in Bron Bron??? IM not a fan of either but respect both of their games.. You put Bron on the Lakers they still win the championship... YOu take Kobe off The Lakers when the Big Aristotle was there, and the Lakers still win championships..
That statement alone makes u sound like your clueless.... I think to 99 % of the people in here picking bron over kobe at this juncture in their careers is a no brainer..
Since you like Denver maybe you can appreciate this. The Broncos got 2 shutdown cornerbacks in Dre Bly and Champ Bailey last season and didn't even make the playoffs. Bailey got injured and Bly was released.
It's extremely pre-mature to say LA will win the next 3 championships. You have no idea what is going to happen over the course of the next 2 seasons. The Clippers look good on paper too but they suck on the court. IF LA wins the next 3 championships then you can brag about how you were right. Until then just wait and see.
If you are starting a franchise, then you go with Lebron no doubt because he is younger. But if you are talking about one game today, then I'll roll with Kobe.
And to Microwave, you honestly think you could take Kobe off those Lakers teams and they would still win title's? Kobe was all nba first team and all defense first team and took all the big shots in the fourth quarters. Portland pushed the Lakers to 7 games in 2000, and Sac pushed the Lakers to 7 games in 2002. I think you are crazy if you think the Lakers win multiple titles without Kobe those years.
microwave...i have to give you a point for that cool username
are you a vinnie johnson fan?
to LL perez - do you remember kobes younger yrs??? IM not knocking what dudes doing today, hes arguably the best player in the nba, but how did horace grant, rick Fox, harper, etc get there jumpers?? Was it from kobe or shaq? Shaq made players millions, and kobe just shot the ball back then.. If were comparing kobe / bron at same age its also a no brainer, but Eddie Jones was pretty nasty in his day.. Kobe was drafted by charlotte and traded for vlade divac.. it took him awhile to become the consistent player he is today.
knicksboy - u know it baby.. Gotta love me some vinnie johnson.. Dumars / thomas / laimbeer etc were nice but the microwave was FIIIIIRE
4 is &$#%#&@!, get a life and read the stats!
dude, Kobe was arguably the best perimeter player in the league when the Lakers were winning titles. I think you are confusing his developing years in the 90's with his all-nba years when the Lakers were winning titles. EJones was'nt on any of those title teams, so I'm not sure why you are even bringing him up.
True, Shaq was the more valuable player. but the Lakers were pushed hard every year except 2001. So I'm not sure how you could honestly argue they would have won multiple titles without Kobe Bryant.
"Oh Smart One", You made a mistake on #6, 8th seed made the playoffs with 39 wins, not 37...
1. I agree for the most part. The Lakers haven't technically won it yet, so we don't know lol. They're the favorites though, even w/o Lamar. Kobe will keep attracting big time free-agents. Kobe and Ron Ron will be a problem.
2. Agreed. The Knicks suck, but you can't blame their fans for being optimistic lol.
3. ESPN/The media may overrate Dwight Howard, but REAL fans who know the game don't. Real fans know exactly what he is. He's a freak of nature athlete who dunks everything, a dominant weakside/helpside defender and a great rebounder. He has little post moves, can't shoot free-throws and isn't as great a defender when it comes to guarding his own man. I don't overrate him at all. He is what he is.
4. I agree. Carmello is probably the best PURE scorer in the NBA. Dwayne Wade is the overall better player BY FAR though.
5. I agree. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. Funny though... Because LeBron James won the Espy for NBA's Best Player. Sad...
6. Agreed. The Eastern Conference hasn't been better than the West for quite a few years it seems.
my pt is Jones would have been, if they didnt put ball in kobes hands....E Jones left lakers in 98-99.... When did Lakers start winning the ships??
During the middle of the 1998–99 season, All-Star guard Eddie Jones and center Elden Campbell were traded to the Charlotte Hornets. The team also acquired J. R. Reid, B. J. Armstrong, and Glen Rice. The team finished 31–19 in the shortened season, which was fourth in the Western Conference.] The team defeated the Houston Rockets in the first round of the playoffs but were defeated by the San Antonio Spurs in the next round. (LOCKOUT YR)
At the start of the 1999–2000 season, they won 31 of their first 36 games. They won 67 games, the most games since they won 65 in the 1986–87 season. The team eliminated the Sacramento Kings and the Phoenix Suns in the first two rounds of the playoffs. After taking a three games to one lead in the Western Conference Finals, the Trail Blazers came back to force a game seven. The team was down by 15 points but went on a 19–4 run to tie the game. The Lakers won 89–84 and went to the NBA Finals. The team defeated Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers four games to two in the 2000 NBA Finals to win their first title since 1988.
Kobe averaged about 20 a gm this season, with more than 3 TURNOVERs a gm, and shot less than 30 % from 3, and less than 47 % from inside the arc...He went up to almost 4 turnoevers a gm in the playoffs, so YES i think this tm would have won with Eddie Jones... Again im not knocking Kobe, hes arguably the best, but earlier in his career he was ERRATIC...
Your One Interesting Character......I respect the fact that you state your points with clarity and you have a vast knowledge of the game.....but some points might just be what you think and can be disagreed with......like dwight howard is not overrated, but he doesn't have any post moves....so this is debatable
thanks for the history lesson. I'm well aware of what the lakers accomplished. And for your info, the Lakers never aquired BJ Armstrong, and Kobe was averaging more then 20 a game when the Lakers won titles. They might have won with Jones instead of Kobe, but that was'nt your initial statement. You just said the Lakers could have won multiple titles without Kobe. Saying if they had other all-stars like Jones in his place changes the argument. And seeing as how both Portland and Sac pushed the Lakers to 7 games, I think missing Kobe would have meant no titles those years. Even with Jones in his place, that does'nt equal out, and that would also mean no Glen Rice either.
Now, that I've made my point. Are there are questions for Dhamp reguarding the past, present of future NBA? I'm proving once and for all that.......I basically know everything when it comes to basketball. I also think GMs are sleeping on Matt Barnes.
Dhamp...the new Hubie Brown
Lakers =no 3 peat with ODOM
are you gonna respond? come on....D-Hamp..
Dude, I already said the Lakers will repeat. That's the first thing I wrote.
Well, I'll start.
There's no way Kobe Bryant should have one MVP while Steve Nash has 2. Nash can't even play defense. He couldn't stop my 5-year-old nephew.
Kobe should have 2 or 3 MVPs. Heck, one year he averaged 35 ppg. Critics said he was too selfish. This year, he passed more. Then critics say Kobe is getting old and fell off. Um, Jordan played until he was 40. He did take two years off.
I disagree. If Odom Leaves....who's off your bench?
What does that have to do with what I said....
Nash should'nt have won either of those mvp's. That second one was Kobe's hands down. But I do believe Nash should have won the year Dirk got the award. But the voters were'nt gonna give Nash 3 in a row after he did'nt deserve the first two.
I think Nash won due to the combination of
2, 3 (only the post moves part) and 4 are correct. Barnes is very good too. Lakers won't repeat. LeBron is a better team starter, east has 3 of the top 5 teams in the NBA. I wonder though, who died to make you king of basketball knowledge? You haven't been right on anything other then Dwight Howard has no post moves (we all knew that already) yet you say you are rarely wrong and you know everything about basketball. I would love to get some kind of unbiased judge like Aran and have myself or someone else challenge you and see who they think is smarter, so you can back up all the garbage you say.
Is that Howard is a beast
Next question: I think Tyreke Evan is the new Penny Hardaway.
Dhamp.....brushing his waves. Smoother than Doug Collins balding head.
Thats not a question. I think Evans will be good. But I think in the future, he will play SG more. I think he will play PG this year and then maybe 2-3 years down the line...SG.
i agree with most of ur stuff but....if lamar odom doesnt come back to L.A. the lakers WILL NOT winn the championship next season. i mean lamar was a key player to wat the lakers do. if u kno so much about basketball u would see that not many players can fill lamars shoes and do wat he does for that lakers team
Lamar is a very good player, no doubt. However, Kobe will attract someone who is hungry and wants a ring. Maybe Shane Battier. Not saything that would happen, just an example.
There is not alot of Lamar Odom's out there....Plus the Lakers are over tha cap...
Who can they add?
I think you are just trying to suggest that Kobe has some secret plot to recruit all the players that he hates playing against to his own team. First Artest, now Battier. Next thing you know Bowen is going to show up in the purple and gold. At this rate no one will be left to guard him! haha
my thing is...where r they gonna get the money?
For a ring, a veteran will take 1 mil. It happens, especially for someone who has made plenty of money. Didn't Gary Payton take 1 mil to go to Miami in 2006.
See, this is why I'm Dhamp. No one else would have thought of that.
Umm...What vet can give you passing, rebounding and scoring like Odom off the bench?
Plus that Miami team had Wade, Shaq, Walker, Williams, Alonzo, Kapono and Posey....Payton was not really a factor....
The closet thing to Odom in the NBA is Charlie V.