Rudy Gay/Kevin Durant
I've always wondered... Rudy Gay and Kevin Durant have very similar play-styles. Both long, both athletic, both can shoot really well, both can score really well. But it seems as though rudy gay gets no love. I know he hasn't quite lived up to his expectations or even hit half of what his ceiling is. I think it's because of the system he's in. The grizzlies organization is all screwed up. They're tempted to sign randolph to an extension, they have oj mayo who is way overrated IMO and mike conley who i never thought was that great to begin with. (He had greg oden in college so pretty much every pass he dropped off was an assist and he didn't have much defensie attention as it was all directed at oden) I just feel that if gay had a franchise around him that said 'you're our guy and we're going to build around you' that he would experience the same success as KD. He only averaged 19 a game last year which for him is underachieving but if he wasn't on a team with so many ball hawks i think he'd be an all star every year. I hope he goes somewhere that will give him the same opportunity as KD and i think he flourishes just as much if not more. What's your take?
I agree Rudy doesn't get that much attention...but to put him on Durants level I don't think is accurate. He doesn't seem to have that will to win in him like you find in the great players. Durant has a fire inside of him that he showcases everytime he steps on to the floor. At no point in the game does Durant seem to disappear whereas Rudy Gay can get lost in the shuffle a little bit. I love Rudy's talent and all his physical gifts, but that drive inside is what really separates those two IMO.
Rudy is a Free Agent this off season but IMO he is not a number 1 option. If he is the second best player on your team then your okay. He is the best player in Memphis and they didn't do bad but if he had a Top Tier PG or a dominate BIG inside he would flourish. I see him going to five possible destinations.
1. Chicago- If they move Deng then Rudy fit perfectly, I think Chicago gets Joe Johnson and David Lee and add Rudy to that mix. He can pick his spots maybe post up and run the floor with D. Rose but thats only of they trade Deng and Hinrich
2. New Jersey- He needs to play with a good PG and Devin Harris is top ten in then league at the PG position. With Brook inside and T-Will on the opposite wing and the possibilty of having a Max Free Agent and a top 4 pick he'd also thrive
3. Miami- this is onlt if they move Beasley and Rudy takes less money which he wont. But I think everyone knows Wade and STAT will be in Miami and adding Rudy will give them a big three for the future with decent role players
4. Los Angeles(Clippers)- If he wants money then he goes there and with that potential starting five(EG,BD,CK,BG,RG) theyd make the playoffs and thats it
5. Memphis- If they do match any offer but I doubt he re-signs with them
New York and Washington is are long shots other sign and trade possibilties are Utah, Cleveland, Phoenix, and Milwaukee
Gay is one of the top 10 perimeter scorers and he's easily one of the most physically gifted players in the game IMO. But with that said, he is a 2nd option because he's not a good enough pure shooter and he also needs to pass the ball more, which makes him better as a compliment to a good low post scorer. Kevin Durant is like what Rudy Gay could be if he showed more fire and didn't disappear easily. Durant has a pure jumper that makes him a huge mismatch at his size, which also separates him from Gay.
If you gonna minus me at least give me a reason I hate that SH!T
Minus you for nothing...then they be the ones with the most points...droids....
for real if its your opinion i understand if i say somethin so out of the regular like John Wall should be a second round pick then minus me.........+1 for me