Your teams offseason if you were GM
My Team The 76ers
Pg J. Holiday-L.Williams
Sg W.Green- J.Meeks- R.Carney
Sf A.Iguadola- T.Young J.Kapono
C S.Dalembert- J.Smith
Left out a few scrubs for obvious reasons. Now to rebuild.
My best player is currently my only real asset. I'd look to trade Iguadola and Lou Williams
for a young cheap scoring 2 guard. The G State Warriors turned down a Ellis for Mayo and Thabeet trade at the deadline. If I was the Sixers GM I'l blow up the Grizzles phone and Offer Iggy and Lou for Mayo and Thabeet. Would love to pry another 1st round pick in the deal. Memphis picks 12th and have few other 1st rounders. I think they say yes because they have the money to pay Gay and get him a versatile second option/defender and a scorer at the combo guard spot. A lot like what they wanted from Ellis. Two players instead of one for the same 2 guys you offer the Warriors for their team cancer/leading scorer. Mayo and Thabeet would kill two three birds with one stone.
1. Get that scorer/playmaker at shooting guard. 2. Get a young prospect at C to replace Dalembert next year. And 3. Get Iggy's big contract off the books while placing the future of the Franchise in the hands of the back court of Mayo and Holiday. Pretty decent team once we bench Brand and he becomes a U.Haslem/ H.Grant vet leader off bench that rebounds, defends and gets outta the way of the young guys. To keep you guys up Iggy and L.Will traded for Mayo/Thabeet and 1st Rounder(12th pick) We have two lotto picks to add young depth and security for guys like Dalembert/Thabeet. With my first pick I'd follow my big board and choose between Cousins, Aminu, X.Henry or H.Whiteside. With a role player at the G/F spot the first choice and a big man with the 2nd pick. My team to start to the season.
Mayo-J.Meeks-Green (1 more year)
T.Young- Kapono (1 more year)
S.Dalembert (1 more year)-Thabeet
Depending on lottery picks and Draft order we should have a chance at 1 or two young pieces. If we move Iggy I'd like a player that can play the 2 and 3 at times. And we do need a big for the future so I would jump at the best PF/C available If Cousins is there at 5 or 6 then he's are man. If not than I'll see who impresses me between Aminu and Henry. If we do get lucky and get a second lotto pick for Iggy the best player will do.
My team needs a lot but if we trade the best assets for young players and a pick, the only bad contract after this season would be Brand's. Let me see some feedback....
It'll be interesting to hear JNixon-Iggy9's response to your post.
Stuckey - Bynum
Gordon - Hamilton
Prince - Daye - Summers
Jerebko - Charlie V - Maxiel
Wallace - Wilcox
1. Resign Bynum, Wallace, and Wilcox
2. Trade Gordon for an expiring contract
3. Draft Greg Monroe and Da'Sean Butler, sign Ishmael Smith
4. Trade Rip and Daye for Michael Redd
Bynum - Ishmael Smith
Stuckey - Redd
Prince - Butler
Charlie V - Jerebko - Maxiel
Monroe - Wallace - Wilcox
If they have any BB IQ then they'll agree we need to do Iggy a favor and send him somewhere else. He and Lou Will are the only two guys I see generating trade interest. Iggy for obvious reasons and Williams because teams need scorers and they seem to love the six foot two ball hogging chuckers. Give me a real scoring 2 guard please. Holiday and Mayo would be money for the next ten years and Iggy can make a team like The Heat(Scottie to Wade's MJ) or The Bulls(High flying finisher) or The Jazz( Do it all defender) a dangerous team come next season. Iggy is the man but not the main man on this team. Do us all a favor and let him show is true potential. Just as long as it gets me that scorer/playmaker at the 2.
resign amare stoudemire.
PG - Earl Watson (FA), AJ Price and TJ Ford
SG - Mike Dunleavy Jr., Brandon Rush, Dahntay Jones and Luther Head (FA)
SF - Danny Granger
PF - Troy Murphy, Tyler Hansbrough and Josh McRoberts
C - Roy Hibbert, Jeff Foster and Solomon Jones
- We're struggling as a franchise. There's talk about the team leaving the city because they can no longer afford the lease. The attendance has been low ever since Bird had to break up the team. We also haven't made the playoffs since 2005-2006 and have finished below .500 the last four seasons. The city and the team are trying to work out something to keep the team here. The team wants the city to pay for the lease, which the state will raise our taxes to do so lol. Great. That puts even more pressure on the team to be good ASAP.
- We're a rebuilding team. We don't plan on making the playoffs next season, but we want to be competitive. We're over the cap and can't afford to make big moves. We'll be over the cap until the summer of 2011, when we'll probably have more money to spend than any other team. We'll be under the cap for the first time in over a decade. Until then, well make moves to help the team here and there, but our main goal is to transition nicely into the summer of 2011.
2010 NBA Draft
- As you can see, we need a point guard BAD. Ford hasn't worked out. Bird said he'll try to re-sign Watson, but Watson has said he wants to play for a winner. That leaves us with AJ Price, who's been good, but isn't a starter. We're praying we win the lottery. John Wall would be a great fit and bring some excitement to a city and franchise that needs it.
- If we don't land the first or second pick, I think we should go with a big man. The only way we take an off guard is if we land the second pick and Turner is available. Other than that, the off guard isn't a position of need. We already have Dunleavy, Rush and... Jones who we just signed to a four year contract worth $10.6 million. Hibbert has been okay, but we're thin in the front court. Foster just had back surgery and is getting old. We need a big man that's tough, and who can defend and rebound. We're not scaring anybody in the paint. I think Aldrich would be a great pick because he provides those things we need. Patterson would fit as well at the four spot, though we just drafted Hansbrough last season. It'll be interesting to see if Bird gives Whiteside a look. Favors would be a great pick, but I didn't mention him since he'll go in the first few picks. There have been a few mentions of Bird selecting Bledsoe, but I just don't see Bird selecting him. I didn't mention Henry because off-guard isn't a main need, unless it's a special case (Turner).
- If there isn't a player that we like when we pick, I think we should look to package the pick with one of our expiring contracts to pick up a player that can help our team... Preferably a young point guard or big man. Bird should look to be aggressive and even try to move up in the draft to get the player we want.
- Trade Ford. He just excercised his player option and will make $8,500,000 next season. We need to move him because it's not working. He's still a good player and his expiring contract is attractive, so it shouldn't be too hard. We almost moved him earlier this season to the Bobcats in a deal that would've brought us back DJ Augustine. Trading Ford should be a first priority.
- If we don't win the lottery, then Bird needs to work the phones to acquire a young point guard or big. He should definitely get on the phone with New Orleans and ask about Darren Collison. Depending on the price, it's a move that could really help our team. We have a lot of attractive expiring contracts to make a trade. Murphy is expiring for $11,968,253, Dunleavy for $10,561,984, Ford for $8,500,000 and Foster for $6,655,000. I think he should even re-visit the Bobcats about the trade for Augustine. Get in touch with the Wolves and find out what they want for Kevin Love. Bird needs to be aggressive this summer and during the regular season.
Other than that, we just need to sit tight until the summer of 2011. Hopefully our players can stay healthy enough in order to compete.
trade pick for amare.
trade ford, rush, murphy and a 2nd round pick for rubio and some scrubs.
Personally I think its a dumb trade. Sure it helps philly get rid of iggys contract but why would memphis even want it? Monta Ellis and IGgy are different players. meanwhile at this point in their careers iggy and gay are pretty much the same exact style. Athletic wings who can't really shoot and won't carry a team. Iggy isn't the flat out scorer ellis is. Also thabeet? Havn't philly fans dealt with enough soft big men in brand and inconsistent dalembert, and you gonna get thabeet to for the years to come? send iggy to the kings or something for one of their bigs and a pic.
Haha I'm a sixers fan and stefanski is not a good enough of a gm to pull off those moves thats a dream scenario.
Skip if we win the lottery what's the point in trading for Rubio? If we win the lottery and somehow find a way to get Rubio and Amare I'd look to trade Wall for Turner and have a line-up of:
U can't tell me that's not a playoff team in the east!
Trade Turkoglu and Calderon ASAP
WTF kind of wicked crack are they smoking out there????? They were seriously going to break up the heart of one of the best young cores in the league for freakin Monte Ellis???? Wow, I just lost a lot of respect for the Grizzlies cuz I didn't know that....
he's a free agent there will be no trading necessary.....
sign a MAJOR free agent.........no freakin David Lee
order of importance
1. Dwyane Wade
2. Chris Bosh
3. Joe Johnson
4. Amare Stoudemire
Draft- I am targeting Epke Udoh at 18 or wherever they pick....I also would be comfortable with Gani Lawal or Dominique Jones or Eliott Williams even....
Let all the FA's walk.
Move up into round 1- Draft Demerti McCamey
Round 2- Pick 38: Draft Kevin Seraphin
Round 2- Pick 39: Draft AJ Ogilvy
Trade Wilson Chandler for a Future 1st round pick ( 2011 or 2012)
Sign Brenden Haywood ( 2 years/ 8 mil)
Sign Ronald Murray ( 3 years/ 14 mil)
Sign Antoine Wright ( 3 years/ 6 mil)
Sign Chris Bosh ( Max Contract)
Sign LeBron James ( Max Contract)
McCamey-Murray-James- Gallinari- Bosh
we just have a stupid GM who doesn't know what he's doing. Iggy,Dalembert and even Lou Williams are going to be next years Caron,Haywood and Stevenson etc etc. Players that in collection will put you over the top and help any team in a playoff run get into that contender status(The Heat are one for instance..The Jazz being the other) Picture for second those Line ups with are players on it
Heat Lou Williams(Scoring Point) D Wade(Star all year) Iggy(Robin to Wade'd Batman) Beasley( Can be traded for star forward still. Dalembert(Rental Defensive Big) Can still sign guys like Haslem and O'neal to MLE. Lebron and Bosh are not going to play on the same team. All are stars that want own teams. Of course we wouldn't make this trade straight up we'd have to get a third team involved.
For the Jazz. Same players leave on our team except we work a sign and trade for Boozers contract and Trade him to whatever team want's an all star Power Forward( Kings, Nets...Etc etc..) Someone said it's a dream scenario, it's not a dream.it just takes someone getting off their fat ass and make calls and sell his players. Iggy(5 star athlete-5 tool player)Dalembert(Decent Defender-Never injured-Off your books in a year..wasn't the expire contract like the new crack in the nba???) L.Williams(At Best Barbosa- At Worst Barbosa-Instant points at the combo spot...He'd be Monte Ellis in G State fro real..) The Jazz and Heat would be contenders with are Scrubs/over paid fringe all star Iggy and defensive center Dumlembert.Aka players that win Rings wen surrounded by a star(Wade/Deron/DiRk/Pierce/etc etc..P.s Dalembert would be a folk hero in Miami...check their Haitian population..things you have to sell other GM's..
I've been bored in between writing books and felt like dropping some knowledge on the rest of my fellow posters....I look forward to your replys....P.S Keep it coming
the pacers could use Wall in a bad way. they need a stud pf too. scorer at the 2 spot being need number 3. interested to see if they can trade ford and murphy maybe in a sign and trade for David Lee and W. Chandler. Indy's player's are the type's the Knicks could use to plug in for that one year to lure Lebron even if they dont and they wont land a second star. Getting a one year run and gun fringe all star point and the same stretch four the cavs were trying to trade for this season could be the smart move fir the knicks. And good for the Pacers..They'd get Lee for years along with Chandler who the Knicks have to see as expendable if they land Lebron could be a great addition for Indy...It's that or you could always wait until 2011. All about those expire contracts finally expiring...I'm in the same boat....
Durant, Westbrook, Green, Harden, Maynor, Ibaka are all on rookie contracts and they have the cap room to resign them all. I see no reason why these guys can't be on the team for another 4-8 years. Thabo is also locked up for another 4.
That's 7 players and Brooks runs a 9 man rotation, which leaves room for 2 big men (2 Cs, or 1 pf and a C, depending on how you see Ibaka). Those two spots are filled by Collison and Kristic, who both expire next summer. Collison is a decent backup but is getting up there in years, and Kristic is a pretty bad rebounder and shot blocker, not someone you want as your starting C.
They've got the 21st, 26th and 32nd picks. With their entire rotation returning next year, and 7/9 returning the year after that and for many more years, there's just no reason to bring in 3 rookies when there is no playing time for them.
If I was the GM I would totally do anything I can to land Aldrich in this draft. He's a stud rebounder, defender and shot blocker, which is exactly what they need. This team has enough fire power already, so there's no reason to worry about the lack of Aldrich's offensive game. There just arn't any guys like that become free agents in the next few years who are likely to sign with OKC. Perkins in 2011, but he's been with Boston through a championship, and they'll probably give him more reign with Garnett soon to be become less of a factor.
I think the best shot they have to land him is to trade their multiple picks to the Clippers. The Clipp's only really need a 3 and they can get one later in the draft in James, Robinson, Hayward, Singler, ect. Also, they only have Baron, Griffin, Gordan, Kaman and Jordan signed for next year, so they'll be looking to add some depth and potential to grow with their young guys.
If I'm Presti, I'm thinking that this team is one good starting C away from being a Championship contender for the next 10 years, and I'm going to do anything I can to make that happen as soon as possible.
I would sell it to the devil for Dwyane Wade.....if it happens please feel free to spare my inner being all powerful hypnotoad....
Resign Darko, Draft Evan Turner, Solomon Alabi, Jordan Crawford, Lazar Heyward. Sign Travis Outlaw.
Imagine going into next year with:
PG: Jonny Flynn/Ramon Sessions (with Ricky Rubio primed to take over in 2011)
SG: Evan Turner/ Wayne Ellington/ Jordan Crawford
SF: Corey Brewer/ Travis Outlaw/ Lazar Hayward
PF: Al Jefferson/ Kevin Love/ Ryan Gomes
C: Darko Milicic/ Solomon Alabi/ Ryan Hollins
Then in 2011, assuming the Wolves have another top-10 pick in 2011 (Perry Jones; Baylor):
PG: Ricky Rubio/Jonny Flynn
SG: Evan Turner/ Corey Brewer
SF: Perry Jones/ Travis Outlaw
PF: Al Jefferson/ Kevin Love
C: Darko Milicic/ Solomon Alabi
Sounds like a contender to me.