Unluckiest Teams of the Year
Which teams have had the worst luck so far this year??
In order of severity:
1. Warriors - This team has been so unlucky its not funny. Lets look at injured players that have missed substantial amounts of games. Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike, Andris Biedrins, Brandon Wright, and CJ Watson. They have numerous D-League players on their team. Their coach just became the all time winningest coach ever and instead of praise, he gets criticized about his style. No matter how good their rookie has played, he wont be ROY. They dont have much money to spend this year, not that anyone would come. They are in a terrible situation. IF they can get everyone healthy and playing well, they might bounce back next year but if not, look for Nelson to add another 19 Ws to his list.
2. Clippers - Do I need to explain much here? They started the year with great promise coming off a lucky lottery but of course something happens. Blake is out for the entire year and they seemed to almost play half speed all year because of it. They were lucky enough to get rid of their coach but unlucky enough to keep him as a GM. They still live in their big brothers basement. They get one room and half a bathroom but have to pay most of the rent. Bright side, if they can get Griffin back to go with Kaman, Davis, and Gordon, they might be a .500 team.
3. Hornets - Chris Paul goes down, comes back and goes down again. He played good to start the year and they looked pretty good. They made a stupid trade, fired their coach, changed their rotation and were not very good. I know you can say that now you have the emergence of Collison but imagine if Paul would have been healthy all year to start in front of him. When Collison was out of the game, and Paul was hurt, who was the PG in the game?? Brown?? Thornton?? With just 14 more wins, they would be in the playoffs and people wouldnt be complaining about their team. Instead, they are the team with the best PG in the game and in the lottery.
4. Blazers - They had a hell of alot of injuries but they are still in the playoffs. They had 2 really good centers go down and they had so many other injuries that they were granted an extra roster spot. However, they have seen the emergence of Bayless and are, like I said, still in the playoffs.
5. Nets - They have the worst record in the league. They are really bad. It is hard for me to say that a team is unlucky when in the Nets position. They have the 3rd best center in the east and its only his second year playing. They have good, young talent at every position. Also, they are going to get Wall or Turner. I dont feel too bad for them. If they get Wall, they have a great young C and a the number 1 point guard in the draft. I dont feel bad for this team.
Pistons - They sign 2 big FAs this summer and they turn out to be bench players. They dont play their rookies all year long. They start a 6'8 center who is about 37 years old. Their entire team seems to have a bit of an identity crisis. Also, their 2 best players were hurt all year in Prince and Hamelton.
Who do you think was the most unlucky team this year??
i would put wizards up there with the way the whole arenas situation deflated thier season. Portland is unlucky for sure. MIlwaukee losing redd for the whole year then losing bogut right when they had everything clicking is bad luck.
ANd i would take the nets and pistons off that list. Those teams aren't unlucky, they just suck.
It has to be my hometown Nets. Most of their losses at the start of the season were very close games that were lost due to mental lapses. After their first 12 or 13 losses, they just kind of gave up and stopped playing defense. Literally. Teams would come down the lane, and the Nets would part like the Red Sea. Along with their overall lack of effort and certain players complaining, they've also had more than their fair shares of injuries.
I don't think that Devin Harris has played a healthy game of basketball since the start of the season. Terrence Williams has shot the ball terribly. CDR has been in and out of the rotation all season long. Yi still hasn't figured out that he's 7 feet tall. Courtney Lee has been as inconsistent as they come. Kris Humphries doesn't know how to pass. Keyon Dooling, Bobby Simmons, Jarvis Hayes , Eduardo Najera, Yi, and Harris have all missed substantial amounts of time due to injuries.
Brook Lopez has really been the only bright spot for the Nets this year. I know that a lot of you guys are saying that they're gonna get John Wall, but history says otherwise.
nets just stink
their young talent is so overrated it sickening
everybody but lopez and harris doesnt belong on an NBA rotation
Yi is pathetic, Lee is inconsistent, CDR is a dime a dozen, Williams is one of the dumbest players the NBA has seen this decade, Brook would average 14 and 8 on a good team that doesn't run through him.
That team is just horrible and people gotta stop making excuses for them.
The Nets were supposed to be one of the worst team in the league so them having the worst record isn't unlucky.
Pistons: If you sign 2 FA with big money and they become bench players, it's no lack of luck but bad management.
I would say the Wizards since they were supposed to be a playoff team with good vet talent, now they are a rebuilding team stuck with Arenas (and his contract).
they have to be the unluckiest team this decade....I still can't believe they are talking about firing Kevin Pritchard....it almost makes me want to wish more bad luck on them....
What the hell is this, "Diss the Nets night" or something? Leave the Nets alone! Leave them alone! What did the Nets ever do to you? I bet you aren't even Net fans! Well, guess what? I am, and I've had to put up with their lousy play all year long! And we aren't even that far removed from the playoffs, unlike that team on the other side of the Hudson! Do you know what it's like to have your favorite team offer you lower-bowl seats for single-digit prices? No, you don't, because your team doesn't suck that bad!
the other night when the Nets got their 10th win Jamal Mashburn predicted that the Nets would have one of the biggest turnarounds in history....I have been telling everyone that....I think ESPN is stealing my &$#%#&@! b/c Chad Ford is always changing his &$#%#&@! to the same as mine like 2 weeks later......and to think I almost dropped a stack on that dude's online class...
Oranje Juice, you're a nets fan? My bad man, I didn't know. Well if you ever need someone to talk to, im here for you.
Im a Cubs fan so fu@k you all and your whoa is me stories! OJJ, go to bed man, you are acting weird.
YOU go to bed! My name is Officer Rivieri! I'm not "dude," I'm not "man," I'm not "homo-cop!" I am OFFICER RIVIERI!
Im in bed..your mom says to wash your hands after you are done "sinning"
The Warriors have 12 players injured right now, wow, whats the all-time record for injuries on a team?
Oden is listed as out indefinetly, is there a chance that he might help the Blazers in the playoffs?
BTW That Antwan Jamison injury was quite unfortunate for the Cavs
I'm gonna sin about 5 more times, then I'm gonna eat some breadsticks. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll take a 30-minute nap.
Not a pistons fan but I think that they have had an unlucky year with all the injuries a coach that looks lost out there he has no clue what he's doing and they tried to make a splash last off season in free angency and over paid for 2 role players.
Has to be the wizards. They were projected around 4th in the east after getting a credible coach. Also, with the additions of Mike Miller and Foye I thought they would be alright after beating Dallas first game of the season. Little did I know Gilbert would blow it again and bring guns in the locker room. Then they trade away Caron and Antwan and are a complete joke again. I wish they would void Gilberts contract and completely start over. Hopefully land a big player in the draft and have the money to try and talk a big name free agent into coming to DC. Not likely though.
I honestly think the Pistons signed both of those guys simply because they had money. Cuz neither of them fit that team at all. Gordon is just another combo guard with Stuckey, and Hamilton. Villanueva is one of the woosiest big men in the league...does he know theres a thing called a lane where you can enter into and maybe score. He just shoots 3's every time he touches the ball and occassionally he hits about 6 in a game and ends up with 20+ points. Terrible signings.
The Warriors arent unlucky...they are living in the past. They need to stop thinking about the time they beat the Mavs in teh 1st round and start actually trying on defense.
The Wizards sucked before all the crap happened to them...I dont know what happened to them, 3 years ago they looked like a legit contender inteh East.
The Nets are not really unlucky...just rebuilding, to the hardest of cores. They traded Vincanity for a bag of chips and some cocoa mulch. What do you expect out of them? They have a ton of cap space, a top 3 pick and a potential relocation to Brooklyn...I'd be pumped if I was a Nets Fan...kind of.
The Blazers get my vote. What the hell happened to them? They were supposed to be a top4 team in the West this year and injuries have just completely derailed them. Oden, Pryz, Roy's missed time, Batum, Fernandez,Outlaw...everybody but Aldrige has not had a good season for them. Roy is a stud still, but he's missed time with injures. Theyll be back though...as long as they dont fire Pritchard.
Let's not go overboard on the Nets, they have had one bad year and it was by design to get cap space and try out young talent. Injuries hurt but let's be real they never plan on making the playoffs. They will wound out with at least Wall, Favors, Cousins, or Turner and anyone of these guys will help immediately plus they can give someone a match contract. Also their young players like Williams, Lee, and Yi can only get better. Harris and Lopez are pretty solid now. GSW is unlucky because their organization is pretty garbage yet they have a lot of young talent. I am upset Curry is on their team, he should be on the Knicks if they were only smart enough to make some moves. To be that was a bigger mistake than not drafting Jennings who is not the shooter that a D'Antoni system needs.
Bucks is also unlucky but yet was lucky to get Jennings and Salmons and Ridnour to start playing well. Redd is always hurt and the Bogut thing was hard but considering their good luck that kinda cancels out.
Pistons don't play their rookies all year long? What about Jonas Jerekbo? He's in the running for rookie of the year
Hey OJJ, I understand the Nets are moving to Newark next year to play in what I've heard is a pretty snazzy arena. Have you seen the arena in Newark, and if you did, how does it compare with the Izod Center?
I've never been to the Prudential Center. All I know is that it's much easier to get to as opposed to the Izod Center. The Nets' attendance rate at the Prudential Center is 2x higher compared to the Izod Center because of that. I'll probably get some early season tickets and go see a couple of games next season.
who was talking sh*t about the cubs???? I want to know so I can point up everything you ever post.....DanEBoy, come on the cubs man????? that's so sad.....