NATEOAK10 MOCK DRAFT 4 (Top 21)
NOTE* - I use the lottery machine from ESPN to determine the lottery order
1. NJ - Wall - ........
2. GSW - Turner - Point forward is the name of the game for Nellie , Turner couldn't fit more perfectly. Him, Curry and Monta would make for one of the best offensive tandems in the NBA and on defense they finally get someone worthy of guarding athletic 3's
3. WAS - Cousins - They could use a guy to go with Blatche and Cousins right now can come in and play. Mcgee's future is up in the air and when you have a need for a big physical player like Cousins you take him
4. IND - Whiteside - Murphy may be gone next year and I suspect he would be traded for a point guard. They have no big upside guys there other than Granger. They need a pure beast up front with a high ceiling and with this guy he has no ceiling. He and Hibbert make for a good future at center
5. Min - Johnson - Ouch, they fell pretty low but still end up filling a big need with Johnson. They don't have any threats on the wings. This is a no brainer since he gives them size, defense and an offense that goes well with the triangle system.
6. SAC - Favors - His stock is going up and it will continue to go up through the tourney. They don't have any franchise guys up front. They need an inside player and although he isn't imposing he definitely helps out. J Thomp is big enough to be a center so they now would have Favors and Landy at the 4 and Hawes and Thomp at the 5. Thats pretty good balance
7. DET - Monroe - They lack bigs, and bigs with skill at that. They just need to take the best big available that simple
8. UTA - Donatas - Losing Boozer (most likely) will leave a hole at 4. With potential like this at 8 you can't pass this up
9. PHI - Aminu - I remember someone said Johnson will not get past Philly. Well since he's not there they grab another SF. They don't have a lot of deph there as is so this helps. Having a high ceiling at 9 helps too.
10. CHI - Davis - They need bigs and a SG. I don't see Henry this high and Bradley and Rose could work but they seemingly are crying out for a big. They should take there shot on Davis and maybe redeem themselves for the Thomas trade
11. LAC - Robinson - Best SF available
12. NO - Patterson - They have 0 big man deph. And Patterson can come in and play right now
13. HOU - Aldrich - Yao's future is unknown, prepare for the worst than and pick up a center
14. MEM -Bradley- They wanted Ellis badly at the deadline and failed. So get the best next thing, an Ellis clone!
15. MIA - Anderson - They need help everywhere, Anderson is versatile and may help out Wade with scoring
16. MIA - Johnson - They don't have a PG, so what do you do? Pick the best PG left duh
17. MIN - Lawal - They don't have great deph up front Lawal may be a steal here. Can play right now and provides a nice tandem with Love at the 4
18. MIL - Henry - A big strong 2 to play with Jennings , Redd may not be back so stockpiling deph there is a good plan
19. POR - Sanders - Joel is having a lot of issues, he fell in his house and has to get more surgery. So Sanders here makes sense giving them some deph at center and prepares them for the time if Oden or Joel get hurt again
20. SA - James - I think he ends up falling and falling to SA is perfect for both sides. RJ hasn't done what they wanted. So getting a SF who can play D may be a need next year so James can maybe fill that
21. OKC - George - He said he may come out so I'm putting in this mock. Him in OKC is perfect, they have no backup for KD so this helps, continues there youth movement well with a high ceiling guy and provides some more defense for them.
Please I want feedback
i just don't see how almost 15ppg scorer as a 3rd option in #1 team in the country amazing body probably 6'7 230 and deep range who born 1991 could fall that far...Chi-town would be perfect for him and Xavier would be perfect for Bulls, so what's the problem(and i really think thah one of those PFs free agents will end uip in CHicago too.
but all in all looks pretty nice
When people Whiteside ahead of Favors on their mocks. I mean, lets be real. Whiteside doesn't have more upside. He's 2+ years older...Maybe an inch or two taller than Favors. Whiteside isn't ready for the NBA physically. Favors is and he's only 18 years old.
Whiteside could be better then Favors in the NBA...
Also, I don't think Turner to GSW is a good fit.
Favors is a project as well. Let's not slam Hassan Whiteside now. He could be a really good player in the NBA.
Fair enough. But I'd take the 18 year old who is physically ready for the NBA over the 20 year old freshmen who isn't physically ready for the NBA and is pretty unproven (besides his shot blocking).
Stanley Robinson going in the lottery... Before Devin Ebanks? Ebanks not going in the first 21 picks? That's crazy... Avery Bradley in the lottery... Before Xavier Henry?
Larry Bird picking Whiteside at four, when Monroe and Aldrich, proven upper classmen, are still on the board? There's a zero percent chance of that happening and as a Pacers fan... I'd be upset if we took a risk on him that high.
ebanks not in the top 20 picks are u insane? i seriously didnt like any pick you made... why on earth would the wizards go with cousins when they have blatche mcgee and other young talented big men when they DESPRATELY need a swingman such as wesley johnson... cole aldrich to houston also made me laugh... hes not fallin that low..