Some Draft pick that would be perfect fits
Every year, don't you see that player who would be a Perfect fit for a team?
Here are some of mine
1. DeMarcus Cousins to Sacramento Kings- The Kings have some big men in Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes. Honestly, Cousins can be better then both. He would be that big rebounder who could actually help the bench by keeping Thompson on the bench. Plus, Evans and Cousins? Scary....
2. Dominque Jones to Minnesota Timberwolves- Maybe it's me, Jones would be great in about 10 different NBA teams right now. This site compares him to Rodney Stuckey so that means he's a combo guard. He could come off the bench right now and be a really good 6th man and in 2 years... He could be a good starter
3.Jan Vesely to Oklahoma City- Sam Presti is a SA guy. San Antonio usually takes a slight risk late. I like Vesely's game, he can play both positions and this site has the 100% right comparison in Yi. Also, he's young so he can develop with KD and crew.
Here are some 2nd rounders
1. Alexey Shved to New York- 6'6' Point Guard who likes to Pass first? That's what the Knicks want. I never understood why people project DJ Augustine to NY. Dantoni wants a pass 1st PG and Shved is that guy.
2. Jarvis Varnado to Detroit- Varnado would almost be Ben Wallace 2.0 if he went there. One thing noticed about the Pistons is that there's no more energy when they play. They went from power, bullish type play to finesse. Varnado would bring back the bull.
3. Greivis Vasquez to Los Angeles Lakers- Vasquez for the Lakers? With that deep Spanish culture as well? He would be a fan favorite off the bench as a PG or SG.
What are some of yours?
New York = Bad Defense
Shved = No Defense
I don't think compounding a bad situation makes the team any better imo
Yea but who was Dantoni's PG when he had the most success? Steve Nash... who also played No D.
If Dantoni loves the guy. He will take him then probably look to add a strong defensive SG next to him.
Nash never had a season where he averaged 1.2 steals a game....he played no D but he averaged at least 10.5 assists for Dantoni. Gotta take the good with the bad...
Seriously man, you're going to look at steals numbers to justify that Nash plays bad defense? SAD.
First of all, D'Antoni isn't the GM. While he has some pull with draft picks, it isn't all him as most individuals are inclined to believe.
Moreover, Nash has basketball IQ in spades. He knows how to play team defense. He's good on rotations, and directs the defense with his leadership. I don't think Shved will get a proper grip on team defense until a good 3 to 4 seasons in the league, as with many European rookies.
Also, you're totally displaying Non Sequitur Fallacy in your first statement. the correlation of the two clauses isn't as great as one may think.
Just because Steve Nash Played No D doesn't mean that D'Antoni wants a player that plays no D.
As for the last statement, you have to realize that Nash has always had great players to pass it to during D'Antoni's time there. (Joe Johnson, Stat, Marion, et cetera)
Shved will NOT have the same level of talent around him. As well, They already have Gallinari, they can't afford another defensive Liability.
is this the real kyrie irving?
no sorry, just a big kyrie fan
Honestly, I dont think a Yi type player fits with OKC... I think that Cousins is the perfect fit for OKC... He is young, energetic, mobile, and freaking scary in the post... 6'11 beast plus the rest of the Thunder is pretty threatening to me.
1. I agree with the The8thDeadlySin, Cousins might be a perfect for OKC because they can definitely use a dominating force down low. The question is can he beat out BJ Mullens [LOL]?
2. I watch a lot of Knick games and Galinari plays better defense than people think.
3. I didn't think too much of G. Vasquez's NBA chances until I watched him kill North Carolina earlier this week. He's kind of an if player in that if he's signed by the wrong team, I don't think he'll make it. I happen to think that Vasquez would be a perfect fit for the Knicks where he could be the man at PG.
favors to warriors would be great for them(im not favors fan) but they want athletic big man
Montie to Warriors, Nelson would love him.
Turner to Wolves
Wall to the Nets
Monroe or Davis to the Jazz
Warren or Bradley to the Bulls. (another Ben Gordon)
i like the vasquez to my lakers one..nice back up pg that would fit in nicely with the triangle..since marylands offense is close to it. i treally like the cousins to okc. i think thats one of the most perfect fits out of any other player