ranking the pg's today
i did a rank the pg's before the season started and now i want to see how you guys would rank the top 10 pg's as of today.
Here's a list of candidates:
Cant disagree with that.
disagree with what? I was asking people to rank them, those were just my candidates for best pg's so people wouldn't have to look them up. If I left anyone off that you feel is top 10, feel free to add them.
jennings over westbrook? teams didnt know how to play jennings to start the season off but he has feel down to earth fast. he isnt top 10
crazy to think i don't have parker top 10, but he just hasn't been impressive this year.
Tyreke isn't a PG for me he is 6th or 7th best SG in the League
9.Jennings(if we are not looking at how he is doing worse month after month)
with Gilbert here he would be my #4
5.Rose( quickly will rise in to 4 before the season ends)
6.Baron Davis(perhaps the toughest PG matchup in the league)
10.Westbrook( Kidd can also fit here but im going with youth)
Rondo for me is the wild card, to be honest i thought he was overrated and hyped coming in to this year but he has played like an allstar this year. Im def not sold on how truly good he is...I think he more than anyone on this list is a benefited by the players around him as oppose to the players being benefited by him...Can you build a team around him? He may be the only PG on my list i would question..
4. Mr. Big Shot
5. Rondo - 14.2 points, 9.7 assists, 4.2 rebounds and 2.5 steals. Shooting (especially from the free-throw line) is his only real weakness. It's arguable he's the most valuable player on the Celtics. He gets everybody involved and that's the definition of a point guard.
6. Rose - Moving up the list quickly and answering his critics... He's been unstoppable for a couple of months and I'd be disappointed if he isn't in the All-Star game.
7. Parker - He's had a rough season, but he's still a top ten point guard. It hasn't been talked about, but he's been playing with plantar fasciitis all season... Not to mention he's suffered a few left foot/ankle injuries. When healthy, I feel he's shown he's an elite point guard. He'll do his damage in the playoffs when the lights are bright.
8. Arenas - Had his struggles this season (especially turning the ball over), but still showed he's a top ten point guard. Not even legal troubles and Stern can keep him out of my top ten. He was averaging 22.6 points, 7.2 assists, 4.2 rebounds and 1.3 steals this season.
9. BD - He has his flaws, but he's still one of the most talented point guards in the game. He's a mismatch problem for majority of point guards in the league. He punished Rose when the Bulls played the Clippers not too long ago and this was when Rose had been hot for a few games.
10. Jason Kidd - He's slowed down, BUT... Still one of the best "point guards" in the game. 9 points, 9.3 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 1.7 steals. He does exactly what a point guard is supposed to do.
I like lowry better than brooks, I like when they play them together except I'd move brooks off the ball more since lowry is better at getting to the cup and brooks is a better shooter...
I dont have Evans on this list cause hes not a pg and if arenas didnt get suspended he will be also here..
6) Nash (zero defense)
honorable mention. Ty Lawson if he was a starter he would be a top ten point guard in the league.