Random thoughts after the toronto-orlando game
Firstly, sorry for posting similar forum topics, so here are the thoughts:
1) The referee's were awful, they eliminated Bargniani from the game.
2) Bargniani has really added muscles, he did a good job guarding Howard. I'm really happy with what I have seen from him lately
3) The whole Raptors team has found their defence annd is lighting it up.
4) Banks has been awesome, I was upset not to see him play today.
5) This game made me think Howard was overrated was more
1) The refs were calling fouls in Bargnani just because it was Howard who had the ball. If it were Gortat of Foyle they would have been clean plays
2) Bargnani is a very underrated player in terms of his Defensive abilities. Most people look and see a European player and think he is useless on the defensive end. But this year Bargnani has put a tremendous effort into bulking up as well as learning how to play more of a center position.
3) Since the meeting in Washington in the first week in Dec the team has had a change in their mentality. They know that they can score 100+ points on any given night, but earlier in the year their new defensive scheme was not firmly grasped. Now that they have played together for a few months the players have learned each other's tendencies, and collectively they can play better on the floor knowing that if they slip up somebody will be there to help and vice versa.
4) Banks has been a bust in the eyes of many. But very few players in this league are granted contracts that do not reflect their abilities. He has never really been able to show himself, but this year he has stepped up when needed. He will never be a starting PG, but he has the strength and skill set to bring scoring and playmaking to the game when the starter goes out. Too bad he is behind Calderon and Jack.
5) Dwight Howard is one of the most overrated players in the league. No doubt he is a dominant force in the paint, BUT he doesn't posses the ability to change games. Take the NBA Finals last year, you would think that he would be the team's leading scorer, but there were games where he didn't get more than 10 points. Hedo Turkoglu was the team leader and if it weren't for him Dwight would not have had such great success in the past few years. Howard is definitely an amazing defensive player, but he lacks a threatening offensive game. Other than his leaping ability he doesn't have a very good face up game, and when faced with a good defender (like Bargnani played him last night) he seems to get in over his head and can't put his game together and lead his team.
he doesnt have the ability to change games?..so hes never changed the game on defense?..lol.. cleveland even admitted as muh in interviews and the pick up of shaq. dwight dominates games by more then just stats. he causes teams not to drive all the way to the basket and rebounds and well as blocks. hes not the best center ever but he is damn good and a all star. not see how hes overrated. he is a allstar right?..hes the main reason the team made it to the finals right?..so what makes him overrated? its kinda hard to get 10 points in games when you get 4 shots. as a center you get the ball because someone passes it too you. hedo disappeared in the playoffs many times and he got the ball.. you wanna talk overrated and over paid there you go. what has he done since hes been with the raptors? dwight isnt that great n offense yet he still gets his points. even thought everyone knows what hes gonna do. toronto isnt a good team and they still cant play d. one games doesnt replace the rest of the season. the whole toranto team is what you would call overrrated
Actually I like the way Hedo is playing with the raptors lately, he has been a great passer and has been knocking down big threes
I haven't missed a Toronto game for more than a month, I can really see how their defence has improved. If looking at the NBA power rankings IMO the Raptors are only underrated
I probably am bias being their fan, but c'mon, they have been doing a great job lately, winning 7 of their last 8
DeRozan is really productive, I haven't seen him make a badly wrong decision or take an ugly shot for a long time
DeRozan was wet against the Magic.... Why doesn't Triano play him in the 4th quarter?