Free Agents the lowly Wolves should look at next Offseason
Shannon Brown - if Sessions is traded
What other "younger" players should they also look at?
Throw the max at Rudy Gay. If that falls through, sign Travis Outlaw.
flynn/sessions/rubio ( in 2011 or trade his rights to futher upgrade roster)
Rudy Gay/corey Brewer
Kevin Love/Charles Garcia ( with utah pick)
That's a team that could be alright
Jonny Flynn/Shannon Brown
Xavier Henry/Rudy Gay/Corey Brewer/Shannon Brown/Wayne Ellington
Rudy Gay/Thaddeus Young/Xavier Henry/Corey Brewer
Kevin Love/Al Jefferson/Rudy Gay/Thaddeus Young/Ryan Hollins
Al Jefferson/Solomon Alabi/Ryan Hollins
Wolves either trade Gomes by deadline or he's released at the end of the season to clear up $5M in cap room. They trade Favors to the Sixers with Sessions and Stanley Robinson from Utah's pick for Xavier Henry and Thaddeus Young. They sign Shannon Brown to a 3 year/$9M contract and they sign Gay to a Max contract. Roster is at 11 players, maybe they'll take a flier on Dorrell Wright too.
1. New Jersey Nets: John Wall
2. Minnesota Timberwolves: Derrick Favors (To Sixers)
3. Utah Jazz (New York Knicks): Wesley Johnson
4. Golden State Warriors: Evan Turner
5. Indiana Pacers: Cole Aldrich
6. Philadelphia Sixers: Xavier Henry (To Wolves)
7. Washington Wizards: Ed Davis
8. Chicago Bulls: Donatas Motiejunas
9. Toronto Raptors: Willie Warren
10. Memphis Grizzlies: Al-Farouq Aminu
11. Los Angeles Clippers: Greg Monroe (Trade for a SF)
12. Sacramento Kings: Patrick Patterson
13. Oklahoma City Thunder: Larry Sanders
14. New Orleans Hornets: DeMarcus Cousins
15. Minnesota Timberwolves (Charlotte Bobcats) : Solomon Alabi
16. Milwaukee Bucks: Charles Garcia
17. Detroit Pistons: Jarvis Varnado
18. Houston Rockets: Terrico White
19. Minnesota Timberwolves (To Sixers): Stanley Robinson
20. Miami Heat: Avery Bradley
I would have to say, let's wait on free agency until after the draft. Let's see who we can pick up then make moves afterwards. The only move I can see them doing now is tryin get either Rudy Gay to a contract under 13 Million or Travis Outlaw for anything under 10 Million.
Prefer to see the following wing players get drafted by the Wolves with their first pick, depending on their pick.
Wes Johnson - Plays good off the ball and is a catch and shoot wing with long arms for Defense.
Evan Tuner - Has great play making abilitys to be that 1-2 punch with Flynn but both players need the ball in their hands which is okay in thier triangle offense.
Xavier Henry - Natural 2 guard with his size and shooting ability. I just like the other 2 more because they can play either 2/3.
They should be able to draft one of these 3 players.
Make a move like they did in last year draft and get another pick in the lottery.
They should try to get Cole Aldrich to fill thier need in a true Center.
If not, they can settle for a center like Solomon Alabi who can be their defensive Big.
Now if they get the overall #1 Pick, thats going to cause a lot of changes in the organization, with Wall. He's a can't give up player in the draft. As of right now, all the teams want him.
Lets take a look at the 2010-2011 possible line up.
1. Flynn, (Wall), Session , Rubio
2. (Wes, Evan, Xavier), Ellington, Brewer
2. [Gay/Outlaw/Josh Howard], Brewer, Gomes
4. Jefferson, Love,
5. (Aldrich), Jefferson, Hollins (Alabi). Jefferson Starts at center if Wolves don't get Aldrich.
Can Wes Johnson really be a 2 though? Is he quick enough?
Demarr Johnson was a SG for the Nuggets and Wes Johnson is getting the same comparisons. I think he's fast enought to keep up at the two. You have your Kobe and Wade who's going to get thier points regardless who's guarding them but I'm pretty sure Wes should be able to keep up with the rest of the 2s in teh league. I prefer to compare him to the Matrix with his all around abilities.