1. I hope that either the grizz strike gold with the number 1 pick, or they trade for it. The grizz have three 1st round picks, although 2 of them will range between 23-30. If the grizz get amazingly lucky (doubtful due to being screwed over in draft history) they should draft wall, either keep conely as a backup, or trade him for more pieces. personaly, i like williams more than conely at this point, i'd keep williams around.
2. Match up to 11 million for Rudy Gay. apparently minnesota wants him. I've heard of new jersey and sacramento rumors as well. There will be more teams trying to steal him.
3. Similar to hope#1, conely is not the pg of the future. Everytime he gives us (fans) enough hope, he starts playing like a backup. Either the grizz find a young distributor in the free agency next summer, or they need to fit conely into a trade for wall or an established pg.
4. if there isn't a way to get wall, draft a PF for the future. We'll see how randolph does with the grizzlies all year long. if he turns into a d*ck at any point in the season, it might be a good thing to trade him during next draft - being this season is over and he'll have only a year left on his contract. It would be nice to keep randolph for paint presence and verteran help, but also nice to draft a young replacement for him. I like what I see from Favors, but then again it's too early to tell.
I like the T-Woves Off season hopes. I believe they can do so much with this team as it is currently flexible with the capspace and positions available to be taken. Only two position to be occupied when next season start is at the PG and PF position. The SG,SF and Center position is up for grabs by anyone.
1 -Taking a look at the draft.
Look to draft the following SG/SF:
Wes Johnson, Xaiver Henry and Evan Turner.
Drafting a True Center:
Cole Aldrich, Larry Sanders or a late to second round pick in Solomon Alabi.
2. Free Agents
None of the top tier players want to come to MN nor do the Wolves want to signing anyone order than 30.
To fill in the rest of the players that are needed can be done in the free agency pool.
Rudy Gay, Josh Howard, Josh Childress, Marquis Daniels, Shannon Brown and Travis Outlaw. These are guys who would be willing to leave their teams for more money and a chance for Stardom.
Aaron Gray, Tyrus Thomas and Joel Przybilla
Wolves have around 20 million in cash to spend next summer and possibly 6 draft picks this year. Their talent in roster can be upgraded by a ton next year.
Just like the Thunder and Blazers they can be trailing those teams in young and up coming power houses.
this is if bosh does leave the raptors,
1. re-sign amir johnson and antoine wright, because they are the two best defenders and hustlers on the team. Also re-sign Rasho because he knows how to play and wont do anything dumb, solid veteran presence.
2. With their first round pick, choose a center(or power forward with low post presence and strength) and move bargnani to power forward where he will feel more comfortable ala Dirk. Im assuming the raps will make the playoffs so looking at the mock draft right now, id say they could get Larry Sanders, Greg Monroe, or Jarvis Varnado.
3. With their second round picks, id say draft a pg for the future and/or a euorpean player to keep over in europe for a year or few. I am really intrigued by the russian guard alexy shved because he is listed at 6'6 and could possibly get him in the late second round. With their other second round pick id look at Giorgi Shermadini, a 7 foot guy who could stay over in europe for a couple years to work on his game.
4. For free agents, nothing big, just some tough defensive players that hustle would be nice to have on this team.
monroe is more of a pf though..his game isn't that physical. . i like the larry sanders idea..for some reason i think all three will be fours although varnado is working on his sf skills
i'm liking favors as far as PF. extremely athletic for a big man, actually looks like a young amar'e in the making
gasol - thabeet
(randolph?) favors(off the bench his rookie season)
(gay? - do the grizzlies match any offers?) - carrol - arthur
mayo - young
conely - williams
or, if they get lucky like the clips did,
gasol - thabeet
randolph - ( one of the later picks) - arthur
gay - carrol
mayo - young
wall - (conely as a benchman, or trade him and keep williams!)( one of the later picks)
matters where they get their pick or if he falls a lil bit, i like the idea of toronto selecting dexter pittman, who will add a lot of strength to toronto's big men and he works hard, as you can tell by his immense weight loss.
i agree with the grizz picking a pg first, then a pf because they still have Z-Bo for another year, i think, and they should really try to get wall, even if they dont win the lottery, because they need a pg and there arent any quality point guards after wall in the draft next year.
i definitly agree with you dmo, pg is a huge issue the grizzlies must address in the offseason.
about the zbo situation, i was sayin just in case he turns into a bad apple, which i don't think he will, i like him here, but in case, once this season ends, he'll have an expiring contract. I'm counting on him staying for this season and next to help the grizzlies in the paint.
If the Bulls are dumb enough to let Tyrus walk then Memphis should be all over him. Tyrus Thomas would be a quality free agent pickup. This would give Memphis a lot of options in the frontcourt. They would have a PF & Center that can score in Randolph & Gasol. They would have a PF & C that can defend in Tyrus & Thabeet. Plus some good bench players in Carroll & Arthur.
If Memphis gets the 1st pick then yep...they have to take Wall.
If Gay demands a ton of money I think it would be best if Memphis just lets him leave. Spend the money elsewhere. Mayo & Gay is not as good of a combo as people were expecting.
i like the way you think homey.
seeing thomas and thabeet defend the paint would be kickass.
i see 11 million per year as the cut off mark for gay, where do ya'll see the cut off point in money?
I'm tight with my money ha... I would pay up to 9.5 mill a year for Rudy.
There are some quality Small Forwards that Memphis could target in the draft to potentially replace Gay like: Wesley Johnson, Evan Turner, Aminu, or even Paul George.
It won't be the end of the world if the Grizz don't resign him.
For some reason I just don't see a combo of Gay & Mayo ever making a deep playoff run. Gay is better than Mayo as of right now. I wouldn't mind seeing Memphis resign Gay & trade Mayo but that probably won't happen.
Memphis is 29th in defense efficiency. That tells me that they need to get some tough defensive minded players on that squad somehow.
9.5 is probably his true worth. some team will go crazy and go above that. gay and mayo have only played 1.2something seasons together. though they may be 29th, a team can jump or fall in the standings fast when it's early in the season.
if gay shows the killer instinct, and mayo plays like an allstar, and gasol keeps up his play, also with the right pieces set around those 3 guys, they could be a threat. As far as a deep playoff run, I said I could see it before the season started. After 18 games, I can't say I see it anymore...unless they upgrade the pg spot, and secure the future pf spot, and get some strong bench help.
i hope the KINGS can trade away kmart for some decent pieces to set around evans and thompson. hawes is streaky, beno's playing EXCELLENT this year. nocioni is doing his part.
1. How about drafting a physical center as the kings 1st need. they are kinda shallow at the C spot...
2. next, I would probably draft somebody to come off the bench for thompson, as thompson is the leader in fouls this year....and was last year.
3. last would probably be the need for a SF. Nocioni can damage teams off the bench or starting.
dmo21 I agree with what you said about TOR
I also hope that Bosh could be traded during the season, so they wont lose bosh for nothing
or a sign and trade, at least get some solid players back for bosh
I also really hope DeRozan could develop into a defensive stopper next season, thus they can have him in the starting lineup
and if they are lucky in the draft, I hope they can get Cole Aldrich, the Brook Lopez/Raef LaFrentz comparison I think really fits the Raptors well
according to the ratings, he is a good defender and rebounder, with good athleticism and post game
he could be the missing piece in the middle