Which player is better?
Pick the player from each set of players you believe is better; explanations are helpful but not required.
1. Deron Williams or Nash
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger.
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis
6. Chris Paul or Wade
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans (its interesting to compare statistics on this one.)
3.Tie, but id rather have Mayo
4. Its very close, I doubt anyone agrees but Id take Rudy because he is really improving and is playing great d with an all around game
6.This is really hard but I'll go with CP3 because he carries his team while wade has a better supporting cast.
2.Michael Beasley is really improving
dwill- because of size and has the same or close to all the abilities nash has
beeasy- because without wade there his numbers would look awhole lot better
mayo- i just see a higher ceiling for him then gordan
durant- because of what hes doing now and how he's getting better every year
id say ellis because he can do a lil more then just score
wade- i think he has the potential to be one of the best ever
lopez- because both will get better but lopez is naturally better
evans- a shocker to some because of how hard i was on this guy but the more i watch him the more i believe hes gonna be great. roy is better right now of course though so with this im talking about future...actually i think most i picked future instead of just now
as far as right now dwill be easy,gordan,durant,ellis,wade,lopez,roy
1. Steve Nash
2. Michael Beasley
3. OJ Mayo
4. Kevin Durant
7. Brook Lopez
8. B-Roy for now but future Tyreke
i agree with quincey with that Roy is better now but Tyreke is amazing he could really be better, love this rookie, nice battle between him and Jennings!
1) nash - da better play maker decision maker & shooter
2) thompson - not da most talented but more consistent & stable
3) toss up - idk. i liked mayo better in hs but gordon in da nba
4) granger - plays da best d
5) martin - better scorer cuz he has 3point range & is a better teammate
6) wade - no way miami would play well w/o him
7) lopez - neither play d & lopez is better on o
8) roy - right now but could b evans later
1. Deron Williams or Nash---Right now it's Steve Nash. Williams will pass him though, and he always plays his best ball after the All-Star break. Which is probably why he always gets skipped over for All-Star bids.
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley--Thompson is playing good ball this year for the most part, but Beasley is emerging for Miami. Talk about a big offensive talent? Smh....Kstate baby!
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo---Tough one but I'd go with Mayo. Both will be good/great players, but Mayo seems like he has "it" and he's very mature as a player and person which is always a plus.
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger---I'd go Durant. Durant may be one of the top 3 best scorers in the game, but Granger could very well be the 4th or 5th with Paul Pierce being behind.
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis--I like Martin. He provides a 3-point shooting threat that Ellis doesn't have quite yet. Which gives him the slight edge.
6. Chris Paul or Wade---I'd go Wade. He's an unbelievable player....he's been arguably the best player in the game this season and a good portion of last. He has alot of Michael Jordan in his game, more so than Kobe does IMO. Talk about making a team better...the Heat would be the absolute worst team in basketball if Wade wasn't with them. Yes, worst than New Jersey.
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez--Brook. He's better at every facet of the game as a big man to me.
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans (its interesting to compare statistics on this one.)---Roy. He's better at everything except maybe Evans is the slightly better slasher.
1. Deron Williams or Nash - NASH. I go with Nash mainly becuase he's been in the League longer. - Plus, I don't think Deron has the ability to make his team better like Nash is doing now with less talent surrounding him.
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley - JT - This one is close, but I think JT uses his size better than Beasley
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo - MAYO - Don't let the sophomore funk full ya.
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger. - DURANT - close between Durant and Granger, but I think Durant is a player you can build around. - Granger's a good individual, but can he make his team win?
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis - ELLIS - K-Mart is a scorer, period. Ellis has more to his package.
6. Chris Paul or Wade - WADE - another close call, but Wade is a better finisher.
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez - DRAW
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans (its interesting to compare statistics on this one.)
- I've been doing this without looking at statistics, but I go with experence on this one. - Too early to compare these two.
1. Deron Williams or Nash: Williams, he is a natural playmaker who takes very little direction from his coach, Jerry Sloan pretty much just lets him play. Nash has a bit more talent surrounding him with Amare, J-Rich, and the play of Channing Fry. Williams really just has Boozer and a few medium caliber players. I think overall it’s extremely close, and Nash's play this season almost has me going for him over Williams, but I think I’m going to stick with Deron a little longer.
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley: Thompson all the way; he doesn’t get nearly enough credit for what he does because many people just do not pay any attention to the Kings, he uses his strength well, his footwork is awesome and he will always hustle no matter what the score is. Beasley plays more of the forward position than specifically the PF position, and for a guy who is surrounded by Wade, O’Neil, and Haslem and Chalmers, he should be learning more than he has so far, and though he has been improving as of late it’s not enough to match Thompson’s power down low.
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo: I think I like Gordon more, not really 100% sure why. I just do. Talent wise I say it’s a wash, but I guess if I had to pick I would go with Gordon.
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger: Durant; but it’s very close. I like his ability to blend in when needed and standout when its time, the same quality that Chris Bosh has.
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis: Martin; better attitude, better scorer, and with his improved assists, rebounds, and defense in the 5 games he played so far this season, he was looking extremely good.
6. Chris Paul or Wade: I have NO IDEA! Either way you have one hell of a player who can score, pass, and guard the best of them.
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez: I like Gasol, while Lopez is doing great individually so far, I think that Gasol just seems to command a spot in an overcrowded lineup, which isn’t easy to do.
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans (it’s interesting to compare statistics on this one.): Roy is better now, but just think of the possibilities here, I watch Tyreke play almost every game and the word impressive does not even begin to sum up everything he does, and he is only a rookie.
1. Deron Williams or Nash Nash has 2 MVP's but right NOW I'd take Williams. Nash couldn't play in a half court game.
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley Beasley has way more of an upside.
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo This one is close, but I'll take Mayo.
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger. Is this a joke? Durant easily, no explanation needed.
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis If Martin wasn't so injury prone I'd pick him, but cause he is I'm taking Ellis.
6. Chris Paul or Wade Wade.
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez Close..... Gasol by a hair.
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans I might be crazy but I'm taking Tyreke Evans. He seems like he's gonna be a beast.
8. Brandon Roy
How can some of you people think Evans is the better player now? B-Roy is better at every aspect of the game besides slashing. He's also extremely clutch, led a young team to the playoffs and oh, wasn't he 2nd team all-nba last year?
Evans has a great future...Love the guy. But come on, Roy is clearly better and he would average 25-28 ppg if he were on the Kings easily.
1. Deron Williams or Nash- Very tough to choose, but ill take Nash, Deron is very good, but he has a nice supporting cast and isn't getting it done so-far, he needs to be a better leaderand be more aggressive.
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley- Beasley by a mile, he is just better, period,
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo- Toss-up for me, I like Mayo's leadership an will to win(even thought the Grizz are sucking right now) but I like Gordons explosiveness.
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger.- Durant, is a notch above Gay. I was thinkng about this a couple nights ago. First off, he is more of a leader at this point, and secondly he is just sooooo great a scorer. Gay is closer than everyone thinks though, really close.
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis- Ellis. Martin's overrated to me, just like Granger.
6. Chris Paul or Wade- Wade. He has been a monster in every way.
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez- Gasol, I watch alot of Grizz games........and this guy is very underrated, he is a young Pau.
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans - Obviously Roy, thought that could change
1. Deron Williams - he defends rebounds and is more important to his team.
2. Beasely - He is more athletic and should become a better scorer
3. Gordon - He produces similarly on a team that has more scorers, and he is more efficient
4. Durant - He is more skilled offensively than the others, and he defends better than Gay and Granger. He is a more complete and versatile player
5. Ellis - He is better in the open court, and gets in the lane so easy
6. Wade - This is extremely close, but a great wing is better than a great pg. Also, Wade is more of a go-to scorer
7. Lopez - He is better defensively and rebounding
8. Roy - Stats don't matter. Evans plays on a team where he needs to score and control the ball. Roy plays on a team with more scorers. He is a better scorer than Evans.
Stop giving negatives because people say Roy is obviously way better...Loser.
I agree that Roy is better, but i can see where some people are coming from with wanting to say Tyreke, which is why I put them on here in the first place, its interesting to see what people say.
About giving negatives, unless your goal is to piss the other person off, it really isnt doing much good, other than getting the post off topic.
These are actually all pretty good players to compare to one another...
1. Deron Williams or Nash. This season Nash, If I'm a GM looking at long term I take DWill
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley. Now and long-term I like JT. He has a lot of room to improve still and has the desire to get there.
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo. Mayo, even though his 3pt% is down this year I think he'll be better this year, as for the long run I think Gordon can be the more dominant player in the next few years
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger. Durant then Granger and it's very close. Durant has always been amazing but Granger has been good for the last three years and fantastic the last 2. Durant but it's really close...
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis. Kmart. First Ellis's comments hurt him but Kmart is the perfect second option as he can get to the line, hit the 3, and create his own shot. Ellis is a better passer, but that's about it. I don't think either of these guys become a legit star without a sidekick.
6. Chris Paul or Wade. This is tough because they are very different player IMO. Both play solid D but in different ways, and both are amazing on O, but it different ways. Wade is probably the more creative scorer, but CP3 can hurt you in so many ways...I'd take Wade, but it's very close.
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez. It's hard to judge a guy when he's on a TERRIBLE team but I have to take Lopez. Gasol is really playing well but I think Lopez is better by a wider margin on the offensive end than Gasol is better on the Defensive side.
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans. No question I take Roy right now. I would say I'd take him long term too at this point because while Evans COULD be better in the future, I'll take the sure-thing in Roy. If Evans reaches his potential he will be better, because he can be a better defender, rebounder, and passer than Roy. He will probably be able to get to the hoop easier as well. I just don't know if his shot will ever match that of Roy's.
I think I agree with almost everything you said.
1. Deron Williams or Nash..D-Will Nash half court game is mediocre and if D-Will played in the same type of offense like Phoenix he'd have way better numbers than Nash has ever had.
2. Jason Thompson or Beasley...Beasley better scorer and is improving on his rebounding just has to learn to play with Wade.
3. Eric Gordon or Mayo...Idk Gordon seems a lil more consistent but Mayo brings more to the table and can score just as much.
4. Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, or Granger. Right now Granger...in the future Durant
5. Kevin Martin or Monta Ellis..Martin luv Montes game but if Martin played over in Golden State his scoring numbers would sky rocket.
6. Chris Paul or Wade..Wade he can be argued as the best player in the league and he is a future top 50 player yes I am going that far.
7. Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez....Brook he is goin to be one of the best centers in the league very soon.
8. Brandon Roy or Tyreke Evans (its interesting to compare statistics on this one.)....Roy stats aint everythin Roy is just a natural born leader and very skilled Reke might be better in the future.