CAN WE STOP BEING SO BIASED
just about everyone on here has been biased at one point or another and not thinking realistically or have been wrong at one point or another(including me) some of ya'll cant admit it and some can. ill start with greg oden
he is not a bust. so those who are biased against him need to be realistic and understand this. on the other side he is not great right now either. he has his flaws like every young center. hes foul prone and he has lapses on defense some time as far as going for pump fakes. lets stop making it seem like he is some offensive monster after one or 2 good games and lets stop thinking hes a bum after one or 2 bad games. as far as a third option you can "technically" say he is but hes averaging 11pts a game which is only a point or 2 over a couple players on his team
o.j mayo- is he playing bad? no hes shooting a better percentage fg wise hes playing a more team game and although hes not shutting anyone down his overall defense hasnt been bad. hes he great? no his 3point percentage is down, he still doesn't go to the line much nor does he drive awhole lot. just because scouts and gms say he has the drive or kobe and is going to be a super star doesnt mean hes gonna be one in a lil over one season. hes averaging about a point less then he was last year but no one is taking into accoutn that marc gasol is getting more shots and playing better as well as gay and the addition of a 17-20ppg scorer in zach randolph
the clippers and knicks- yes they are bad we all know that and now there fans seem to understand that. as far as the clippers we cant keep making the excuse of injuries because every team deals with it thats why youre other players have to step up and yes they look good on paper but maybe these group of guys just dont work well together. yes they have individual talent but they dont seem to be able to do it together. and yes there coach needs to go and gm but they arent the only ones to blame everyone deserves blame so lets stop acting like its just the coach because the players have a claim int he blame also. as far as the knicks go everyone has pretty much been realistic. early in the summer most said its certain lebron was going now they dont seem so sure. the year for them is pretty much a wash unless they can get some sort of trade for the future or a draft pick. hopefully they will get a couple good free agents because i would personally like to see them get better
freshmen/soph in college- lets stop pretending that every hyped freshman comming in is playing as well as we thought they would be playing because honestly all of them arent doing what we thought they would do. some of the sophs havent made that next step we figured they would and some of the freshmen arent the best player on there teams or taking over games like we thought. only 2 freshman have lived up or exceeded to all the hype so far and thats john wall/xavier henry. and yeah some of them havent played great comp but are puttin gup good numbers but most arent doing great or putting great numbers against bad comp. can they step it up as the season goes along yes, but as of now most arent doing what we thought
as far as being a hypocrite- everyone is thats life. theres nothing wrong with thinking one way about a player or team and then changing youre mind about the player or team the more you watch them play. it happens so deal with it!! we all change out mind about things
everyone needs to admit when they are wrong- it takes a big man to do this. as far as me i was wrong about evans, he is better then i thought and the kings are playing better then i thought they would. also the lakers bench isnt as good as i thought they were
iverson-yes he is right and hes wrong. hes right because no hall of famer that can still play would go quietly to playing behind players they are much better than. and i cant blame what he tells reporters because they come to him and ask him the same question about coming off the bench untill he breaks. wrong- the way he went about everything. there was a better way to go about coming off the bench
overhyping- we all do this. a star gets hurt( c.paul k.martin) and there back up or other players play well then we start to think "hmmmm maybe they should trade that guy . for the most part that isnt a good idea. it takes times for teams to adjust to playing against a team without there star and sometimes a team can go awhole season wityhout them and still do pretty well. but once playoff time comes thats when you really understand how much you need that star or in the regular season during 4th quarters
kevin durant- he is good. very very good and he does more then just score and hes leading his team to more wins at this point then last year and they are in games they wouldnt be in last year so lets be real and give the man his due.
hating- when you say you dont think a player is that good or you disagree that is not hating. hating is when you claim a player is a bum or isnt as good as people say they are when they have shown that they are. if i say kobe isnt that good or lebron isnt that good then that hating. if i dont agree without you about chris paul being better then dwill thats not hating. some fans need to stop being so sensitive.
anything else people want to add feel free to
i usually dont agree with many things you say but good post +1
Yea, I hate when ppl call someone a hater because they don't agree with what you say. It's horrible. Happens alot on here. Jay-Z made death of autotone, I'm declaring a death of the word "hater." LOL
Also, why do people on here feel the need to call people idiots or other names on here? So not cool. Let your posts do the talking.
People, points DON'T matter that much!
Those are all the things I want to stop on here, in addition to the things you mentioned.
But where is all this coming from? I mean most reports I've seen or read about A.I. says the same thing you're saying. - "He's right and he's wrong." - Overall - he made his own bed. - I really think he would have gotten the minutes in Memphis, but he only gave them 3 games - he made his decision after 3 games. 3 games after an injury with a new team that he missed most of the summer with.
Do people really feel that way about Mayo?
Personally - I think the problem is that Gay took a back seat to Mayo last year - and this season he's not. - That's the biggest difference. - Oh, and I guess you can say that Gasol has improved too. But as far as bust - no one is saying that.
Now I've heard people calling Oden a bust and that ,may be because he was supposed to be the next David Robinson (just like when Okafor came out he was supposed to be the next Olajuwon) - But it's not that they are bust it's just that Scouts and fans raise their bar too high.
I never expected Oden to be the next David Robinson, but I did expect him to be the 1st or 2nd option on the team. - I mean at this point it should be Roy & Oden - not Roy & Aldridge.
Durant? how is he not getting his due? Just last year they were putting him up there in the ranks of Melo and Chris Bosh. - Only difference is his games are not as televised. - But from what I hear he's being talkind about as a top 10 player overall.
Just because Marcus Thornton and Darren Collison are playing well for the New Orleans and are winning right now doesn't mean Chris Paul needs to be traded... I was shocked about that statement when some say they should trade CP3 because Collison and Thornton are leading the Hornets at the guard spot... Keep in mind that CP3 is the main guy who has been doing it all... In the end, they will need Paul in the long term. I can't wait for him to comeback... The only thing I said about Chris Paul was IF he isn't winning on this Hornets team, I expect him to demand a trade...especially knowing that he has worked his butt off nightly to produce well for this team....
Personnally - I think Thornton and Collinson would have been playing well when Paul was healthy. - Byron Scott just never put them on the court which I think may have been the reason he got the boot.
Don't get me wrong - in no way did he deserve the boot, but he should have been playing these guys. Also Peja off the bench was a bad idea. - Peja must start to put up numbers - not every player can be a Jason Terry or Ginobli.
Both rookies played well in the pre-season and Scott never rewarded that in the regular season even though Wright, nor Peterson worked out.
They drafted both of these guys for the simple fact of becoming deeper, but instead of using them - they basically went with the same rotation as last year minus Rasuel Butler. - I never understood how that would make them better.
But you are right - no way this means trade Chris Paul - They drafted these guys for depth not for replacements. But who's saying trade Paul? I've haven't heard that one. And who would say that after a few games anyway?
- This is a good post, but some of the things being brought up are not being said by anyone or it's being said by so few people that it doesn't matter.
1. I agree. Everyone has their favorite players or teams and can be biased from time to time. I agree with your point, but it's hard to take serious when it's coming from you... The most biased poster on this site. You're quick to jump up and criticize other posters' favorite players about bad games or flaws, but even quicker to ignore the flaws in or bad games of your favorite players. You rarely admit when you're wrong, but are quick to tell other posters when they're wrong. You've even gone as far as to make whole entire posts dedicated to telling other posters that they were wrong about predictions they made months ago lol. You enjoy and get satisfaction out of telling people they're wrong... on a website lol.
2. So what if Oden fans are getting excited at the fact he's starting to play well and has put together four very good games. So what! After all the Oden bashing people have done, why can't they get excited? Nobody is saying that he's the best center in the league or the next Shaquille O'Neal. They're simply excited that he's playing well and giving him credit where it's due. He's playing very well and his team is winning. You don't own this website. You were hyped about Jennings' first couple of games and were ready to declare him one of the best point guards in the league. You're excited about every good game Bynum has. You were excited when Mayo scored 40 something versus Denver. Don't tell other posters they can't get excited about their players and post about it. You're just a hypocrite in every sense of the word... Oden IS the third option on his team, regardless of who's behind him in points. Give him his credit. Portland runs their offense through three players... Roy, Aldridge and Oden...
3. You continue showing you're a hypocrite... In one hand you're quick to bring Oden down to earth when he's clearly showing he's improved (He's "technically" the third option, BUT he's ONLY averaging 11 points per game...) in just about every area except fouls, but in the next you're quick to make excuses for Mayo when it's clear he's not playing as well as he was a season ago. If it was any other player, you'd be saying he has taken a step back. Kind of like the way you were criticizing Rose at the start of the season when he wasn't playing as well. Mayo isn't playing as well and that's a fact. Can he and will he get it going? I'm sure. However, he's not playing as well as he was last season at this point.
4. The Clippers and the Knicks may be bad... So what. That doesn't mean their fans can't come on here and post about the positive things and their optimism. You dogged Clippers out for months because he came on here supporting his team and it's players. You criticized his team and players, but get sensitive when somebody does it to yours. You're like a big baby.
5. Once again... So what! You don't own this site. If a UNC fan wants to come on here and is excited about what Ed Davis has done lol, then so be it. If you don't agree, then just say it. Debate about it. This is a basketball website. You can do what you want as long as it's within the rules and respectful of others.
6. Everyone is a hypocrite at some point in life, but you have consitently shown that you are the most hypocritical on this site. It's not about people changing their minds. Everybody does. Nothing is wrong with changing your mind whatsoever. The type of hypocrite you are though is the one who criticizes players for one reason and then ignore that same thing in a player you like. As a matter of fact, this whole post you did was hypocritical, because you're more guilty than anyone about majority of the things you mentioned. It's like a murderer telling somebody else to stop killing people.
7. It's nice to see you finally admitting something that you were wrong about, but once again... You telling people to admit they're wrong and that "it takes a big man to do it" (Nice how you said that before you admitted for the first time on this website that you were wrong lol... Who do you think you're manipulating?) is like a thief telling somebody to stop stealing.
8. Everyone has their own opinions about Iverson. That's what this website is for. For people to debate about that. There is no right or wrong... Just OPINIONS. That's why this site was created. I have different opinions with a few posters about Iverson, but I have the same opinions as them when it comes to other subjects. That's life. On my life though... I promise I respect every poster on here for their opinions or lack there of.
9. I haven't read any post on this website saying that Chris Paul SHOULD be traded. There was actually an article on ESPN in the rumors section about Chris Paul being traded. Why not talk about it? A lot of the time people ask things on here about things they heard somewhere else just to get everyone's opinions. That doesn't mean they believe it should happen. And as far as Kevin Martin... It's not like he's a superstar and he's injured a lot. The team is playing well without him and their draft pick is playing extremely well at off guard. Trade rumors are bound to come up. That's business in basketball. Why not talk about it? Joe Montana got replaced by Steve Young. Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe. It happens in professional sports all the time.
10. I don't think anyone has ever said Kevin Durant wasn't very good. I think it's almost unanimous on this site that he's either headed towards superstardom or already there. I predicted him to lead the league in scoring this seaosn. However... People's opinions on just how good he is can differ. I personally think scoring is the only area of his game that's great right now. He's still young and will improve, but I don't ever see him as a player that'll dominate at both ends. OKC is playing very well right now, but that's not only because of Durant. It's because of the improvement of Westbrook, Green and Coach Brooks focusing on defense. Once again... You're a fat guy telling people to lose weight by telling someone else to give a player his due.
11. This is a basketball website... People are going to debate and disagree. That's what makes it fun. That's not hating. Hating is when you consistenly have nothing to say, except negative things... Even when a player is playing well or improving. You fall into that category. For example... You said Oden wouldn't be the third option this season. However, now that he is the third option and is playing well, you say... "He's the third option, but he's only averaging 11 points... That's only two points more than other players on his team." That's hating Quincey. Just insert your foot in your mouth and give him his due credit. And you telling people to stop being so sensitive is like the worst defender on your team telling you to play defense.
Since I joined the site, I've been addicted. I started off just making a little post here and there... Just reading and not saying much. Dudes were smart on here, so I tried to work my way up and up my b-ball knowledge. I was putting thought into what I wrote because if you didn't, you'd get called out on it. Now, it's just like people are posting anything and aren't even putting thought into the things they say... Just spitting out a bunch of negativity and made up arguments. It's just not fun anymore. That's why I've created my own website and am through posting on here... If anybody wants to join and get back to talking/debating about basketball with real dudes AND females who know the game, then just let me know via e-mail.
GREAT post Tezo. Probably the best one ever on this whole site, ever.
I don't think Greg Oden is a bust but I feel Kevin Durant ( Now and Back in College) the better player.
Durant may be the better player now... but Oden still has plenty of time. lol, Good points and counter points by quincey and tezo.... I want to annoint this the official beef of NBAdraft.net, but that seems a bit much... I'll wait and see if quincey comes back with a "takeover" like rant... I give you both A's for effort and points for entertainment.
Edit: Yep... quincey went in... Internet drama ftw
This was a double post, so instead I pose a question... Granger, Durant, and Carmelo are putting up virtually identical numbers. Which would you say has the best career ahead of him... I like Carmelo, but Durant is very impressive, and Granger may be the best defender and off the ball player of the three. My vote goes with Anthony because his scoring instincts are the best in the league imo.
great post everybody on this site needs to read this post.
lol..i dont need to i just ignore people who continue to follow up on everything i say or continue to call names. he says im the most hypocritical and i feel the same about him and how bias he is. so it equals out ..if it makes tezo fell better then he should continue to do that. when someone is constantly coming at you it means you made some type of impression an you are on there mind either good or bad. as far as durant when i said he doesn't get his due is some people on the site that say he just scores and thats it. and i agree with you qhaynes durant i still the better player....as far as you not reading any post about chris paul should be traded go look at marcus fizer21 post. you need to keep up.
you say i make excuses for mayo even though i pointed out what he's doing wrong as well as doing right?..you made no sense...you never point out anything a player you like does wrong. i say eric gordan needs more of a killer instinct and take over game and you come back with "oh he is just respecting the vets"..that only makes sense if the clippers were winning..guess what..THEY ARE NOT. any who aid theres anything wrong with someone getting excited about oden? once again you make up stuff to get youre point across. what i said is dont over blow it and try to say he has no arrived or hes now gonna be dominate after a couple of good games. you talk about you want real talk thats why you created youre own web site yet you still come back over here. news flash obviously people are more happy talking on here then youre lil web site. at first i was just gonna let you d*ck riding hating azz pass by but i think now ill just light you up. what exactly isn't mayo doing so bad that he was doing so great last year?...you're what we call a stat junkie. you haven't watched mayo's games as a fan pointed out yet you claim he's not playing as well because his three point shooting percentage is down and he scores a lil less then one point a game yet hes just as efficient as last year?..what you're doing is hating, but i dont expect any less from a hater such as you're self. and yeah you're the one who said all durant can do i score. just ignore the fact that he helps his team win and rebounds as well as ast and one of only 5 players int he league that puts up the combine pts rebounds and ast ...and you say this is a free site and people can say what they want then criticize when i say something you dont agree with. you alo said im the biggest hypocrite by criticizing one player about doing one thing but not applying it to a player i like. do you mean like saying durant has long arms so he should be getting the rebounds he get but not saying the same thing about oden being bigger or more athletic then other big men and should be getting rebounds he gets?.a you stated. how about you follow youre own advice. and when did i get sensitive when someone criticize my team the lakers? its obvious that you type things then sit back and look at what you typed and say"wow that sounds so knowledgeable or i got him good so i have to post i" then give you're self 2 points. i guess i can understand how you can have so much hate after not being that good of a basketball player in real life and now you try to over compensate for that by making up stuff on here to make you seem like you know alot in basketball. news flash YOU DON'T. so what exactly did someone say about the lakers that i got sensitive about? lets see what else you wanna make up today. now keep following me and following every post i put like a lil puppy and imma keep hitting you over the head with a news paper while saying"bad dog" untill i get bored with you and take you behind the wood shed and put you out of you're misery!!!
"now keep following me and following every post i put like a lil puppy and imma keep hitting you over the head with a news paper while saying"bad dog" untill i get bored with you and take you behind the wood shed and put you out of you're misery!!!
LOL...I'll give you props for that one. That was funny.
ive been readin & visitin this site 4 a few months & this quincey hodges guy is da worst most untruthful & hardest 2 read. i was visitin da site when he was pretendin 2 b his nephew josh huestis lol. he always seems 2 b downin players just bcuz w/o any real reasons or facts. hes like the problem starter on here. i think its funny he waited 4 tezo 2 say he was dun postin b4 postin his comeback lol. tezo 1 billion times more bball knowledge imo. talkin about bein biased when he self promotes a fam member that nobody has heard of
id have 2 agree that quincey is da most biased & hypocritcial. i thought tezo was 1 of da best along w/ iguodala, llperez & joewolf. does anybody kno his website?
Lol...welcome to the site.
I dunno. Tezo and QH are great posters. I have no beef. I guess Tezo is a better overall poster IMO because I feel QH is kinda too inside for me sometimes. Sometimes he talks about his nephew, ballers we rarely/ never seen and things that wouldn't really effect us ( exp- him living near a big basketball workout place).
I dont hate either one of them...both are great posters.
thanks! id have 2 say ure prob 1 of da best too especially when it comes 2 topics. r there any otha girls on da site bsides me lol? i havent seen any pop up. i think i might b da 1st
To start, I'll say that I love it when bias people post. I love to see statements that have no proof to go along with them. I love people who defend their statements even when the fact that they are wrong is staring them right in the face. Love it!! Second, I just want to say, I have a zero bias. I have been saying it since I joined the site. I dont have a favorite team or player. I only make statements that I truly believe in because of evidence. Thirdly, Im not accusing anyone, but doesnt it always seem like when one person leaves the site, another quickly joins with their "first post" about how they have been watching the site and decided to join. Again, im not accusing anyone, its just funny.
chances are those are the ones who are the same as another poster on the site they just decided to change names...the new person is obviously tezo.
Whoa... That's not me! I just caught on to that lol. You got me twisted homeboy... I have one account and one account only. That's you with the four different accounts.
- Josh Huestis
- Kurtis Formerly Known As Josh Huestis
- Quincey Hodges
So stop trying to bring me so far down to your level. I have too much pride to go that low.
P.S. I'm not even going to respond to what you said above since this thread was from quite a few days ago. And it's funny how a new poster ripped and called you out though. Wow!!! LOL!
damn....you got 4 accounts QH?
Qhodges: u act like the clippers are 2-10. they are 8-10! thats not bad for being without griffin. and with gordon they are 5-5.