BLAST FROM THE PAST QUOTES..
"Bynum's offensive skill set is the only thing I'd say Oden's not on his level with. Bynum is averaging 20.3 points in 30.2 minutes per game during the pre-season. It's safe to say he won't average 20.3 points this season. Not with Pau, Odom and Artest playing more minutes and getting their shots. Bynum probably won't average over 30 minutes per game. I can almost guarantee you that Oden's numbers will go up once the season starts. He's going to play more than 22 minutes per game. He and Bynum will have very similar numbers this season".
"I'm sticking to my prediction that Oden's numbers will go up from the pre-season, especially his rebounds and blocks. He's averaging 9.7 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in only 22.3 minutes per game. Bynum is playing 30.3 minutes a game (which is the max he'll average in the regular season"
"Oden is going to play more than 22.3 minutes per game when the season starts and as I said above... He's done his damage during the pre-season with Roy and Aldridge on the floor. Why wouldn't his numbers go up? Oden will at least play 30 minutes per game during the regular season. I'm predicting averages of 14.5-15 points, 10.5-11 rebounds and 2-2.5 blocks per game."
this same person thought i was crazy when i said
i expect him to be more dominate on the blazers..so bynums numbers should be lower since hes playing on a much better team dont you think..of course he wont average those same numbers just like oden wont average his same numbers either..roy is the first option lamarcus is the second..miller is gonna get his points as well as webster and outlaw....you say you you guarantee odens numbers will go up but you must not pay attention to mcmillian saying all he wants oden to do is defend and rebound which means he wont have alot of plays run for him. players that dont have alot of plays run for them tend to put up better numbers in the preseason because the stars play less minutes then they would in the regular season..in bynums case its different because he showed before he got injured that even on this loaded team he can put up big numbers...he also prob wont match these numbers since phil also said he wants him to rebound and blk shots...and yes i still say odens not close at all because if you watch oden is scoring 90 percent of his points off of no real post moves just open dunks and a lil move here or there..bynum scores like that also but he also has a second and third go to move. its easy for some to just look at the stats and watch games and think this or that but when you watch and study how each player is getting there points and in what ways then it becomes apparent how far apart they are skill wise(offense) wit that said oden is gonna be ridiculous once he starts having a consistent go to move and a second and third move..i see both being very very good-to dominate big men in the leauge
My favorite all-time basketball quote is when a reporter asked the Sonics' Jerome James how he felt about coach Nate McMillan's accusation that he was selfish and James replied "I don't know what he's talking about 'cause all I worry about is Jerome".
Does this continue from the posts before?
"...It's not the time to be happy. It's time to play."
"Both teams played hard."
"I was proud of DeShawn and I would have knocked him down harder. They can put me in jail for saying that, but that's the way it is."
- Jerry Sloan, on DeShawn Stevenson fouling Ricky Davis after he shot on the wrong goal attempting to get a triple -double.
"You hate white people, you hate Americans and you think you're smarter than everyone else."
- Jerry Sloan, to John Amaechi, according to Amaechi.
“In my prime I could have handled Michael Jordan. Of course, he would be only 12 years old.”
not a game not a game but we talking about practice man
i dont care what people think. People are stupid
I laugh when People ask me about my rebounding techniques. ive got a technique, its called go get the damn ball
For the record: TwoCentsTV, I gave you a point for your avatar. It wins.
Wow Q... You're showing just how much you respect me by posting one of my past quotes! Do you think that posting what I said makes me ashamed or something lol? I mean, I'm not the first and won't be the last to predict something and not have it come 100% true. It's not like I'm going to lose sleep over this or something.
Here are a few points about my quote though.
1. I think majority of people would agree that the only aspect that Oden isn't on Bynum's level with is offensive skill set. I mean, if Bynum is a better rebounder and defender than Oden (which is arguable), it's not by much.
2. Read my quote... I said that Bynum wouldn't average 20.3 points when you consider Gasol, Odom and Artest would also be getting their shots. Pay attention... Gasol hasn't played ONE game this season. Bynum has clearly stepped up in his absense. Do you honestly think he's going to continue averaging over 20 points when Gasol returns? It's possible, but I doubt it. Gasol is the second option. Bynum is averaging 38.9 minutes per game right now. He won't play that much when Gasol returns and is healthy. I mean, a healthy Gasol needs in between 35-40 minutes per game himself. Artest needs in between 35-40 minutes and Odom needs in between 30-35 minutes. I mean, there's only 144 minutes total to divide between the three front court positions (48 mins multiplied by 3 = 144). Bynum will play around 30 minutes per game. I think when you consider the depth of the Lakers' front court, when everyone is healthy, Bynum's numbers will be somewhere in between 15-17 points, 9.5-10.5 rebounds and 1.5-2 blocks.
3. I made these predictions during the PRE-SEASON.
4. When I made that prediciton about Oden during the pre-season, I was assuming that he'd stay out of foul trouble. IF he stayed out of foul trouble, he'd AT LEAST play 30 minutes per game. He hasn't stayed out of foul trouble and is playing less than 23 minutes per game. He's averaging 10 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks. He's already averaging the 2.5 blocks like I predicted. Is it THAT hard to see him averaging 14.5-15 points and 10.5-11 rebounds IF he played at least 30 minutes? The kid is shooting 62% field goals and 81% from the free-throw line. All he needs is some free-throws or 2-3 more buckets to get to 14-15 points.
My prediction isn't 100% right yet, but it's only been 10 games or so. It's still early.
And as you can see... You have 5 negative points on this post alone. I can't give you 5 negative points, so that means it's not me and you can't stop being petty taking away my points... Though I'm enjoying donating to you. The holidays are approaching and I don't mind helping the needy.
"ball don't lie"
"They're soft, that's all it is.....Soft as tissue paper"
i dont know whats wrong with that girl - Reggie Evans on Pau Gasol.
"And (Reggie) Evans — you talk about Vlade being a flopper? This guy is taking it to a whole new level. He goes down when the air conditioning comes on." - Rick Adelman
lol..whiteflash that one was funny as hell
Yeah man. That was in the late 90's, maybe early 00's. I actually think it was in 98' during the lockout season. I remember it made Sportscenters top 10 'cause it was so absurd. There has got to be a book on dumba$$ athlete quotes. If not I need to step my research game up and get crackin', haha.
butidonthavemoney..that one was funny too...
"being right is its own reward"