Final Standings for Eastern Conference
When its all said and done here are my guesses for who makes it in the East
1. Cavs-Like last year, I see them running through the East...I wouldn't crown them yet though, they still are a liability defensively against the pick n roll
2. Magic- Barely edge out Celtics and see major improvements from Howard...They are better then they were last year
3. Celtics- Sacrifice a few wins for freshness in the Playoffs. I think they have one more championship left in them. My pick to win it all
4. Hawks- Another team that makes signifigant improvements...I like the Crawford pick up alot, hes my pick for 6th man...
5. Wizards- Will beat up on the weaker teams in the East....could beat the Hawks in a 7 game series
6. Raptors- Turkolu will win them some more games....First round playoff exit and Bosh's done with Toronto
7. Bulls- Common belief is that they will take a step back without Gordon...What is forgotten is that they are adding an all-star caliber player in Luol Deng...Added with the development of Rose, Thomas, and Noah...and you have another exciting team
8. Bobcats- This team has been close the past two years, and this is the year they finally make it...Solid at every position...they edge out the Pistons and Sixers who both take a step back
Cavs defeat Bobcats in 4 games
Magic defeat Bulls in 6
Celtics defeat Bulls in 4
Wizards defeat Hawks in 7
Cavs defeat Wizards in 5
Celtics defeat Magic in 6
Celtics defat Cavs in 7
I agree on the regular season 100%, but(Celtics defat Cavs in 7)I can't see it.
thats what people were sayin about Magic....ill admit winning a game 7 in Cle would be very hard...
If Wade is healthy I guarentee the Heat will make the playoffs.
haha wow im taking points away from myself...completely forgot about the Heat...You are absolutely right
I would slide them into the 6th seed and bump everyone down...maybe next year Bobcats
okay celtics to finals i agree with but no way bobcats make it
Cavs the only reason is because of lebron and shaq are going to be great duo and celtics are to old to go all the games
Celtics: added alot of depth in daniels and wallace garnett healthy
Magic: vince is a perfect fit in orlando but not enough to push past 3
Hawks: adding crawford makes them better and teague
Wizards: to much firepower for them not to be here could drop to 8th if injuries
Toronto: addition of turkolu will give them another playmaker and mismatch could push wizards
Pistons: this is not bias there front court is great and kwame and wallace looks like a great defensive duo for clutch times
76ers: igoudala and new coach eddie jordan put this team in the mix i think igoudala could push for starting all star game wade igou lebron KG howard. igou putting up 22 6 6
Teams on out looking in in this order: bulls bobcats miami pacers
my east predictions:
1-celtics(best defense in the league and hungry as ever)
2-Magic(improved from last season, but lewis suspension and question of whether Jameer will return to all-star form)
3-Cavs(Shaq will help, but not the answer. Delonte issue is legit concern for depth purposes)
4-Wizards(offensive talent to compete with anyone, but interior defense is still lacking)
5-Hawks(athletic and talented, but pg play is reason for concern)
6-Raptors(talent is all there, but maybe too soft?)
7-Bulls(Salmons and Miller for whole season will help and Rose could lead the way to possibly advancing in playoffs)
8-76ers(will brand fit in and is Lou Will ready to run the point?)
9-Pacers(development of rush and hibbert as well as defensive additions in Jones and Watson make them hard to beat)
10-Pistons(No interior force and is Stuckey a legit pg concerns leave them out the playoffs)
11-Heat(Wade can't possibly do more then last season, and no significant additions to keep up with rest of east)
12-Bobcats(No go to players equals no playoffs)
13-Knicks(plenty of talent, but too many young guys who are not ready to takeover)
14-Nets(two man show with a bunch of athletes who can help them be competitive)
15-Bucks(Letting Jefferson, Sessions and Villanueva go means the rebuilding is starting over again)
1) Magic- They have the best big man in the game and they get Nelson back and with the addition of Carter they should be a very good team
2) Celtics- They get KG back and they add Wallace and with Allen, Pierce, and Rondo they will be very dangerous.
3) Clevland- They have one of the top 3 players in the league and they get Shaq it should be interesting to see how him and Lebron play together they will have a very good team.
4) Atlanta- They have great year last year and they only get better this year with Crawford and Teague.
5) Miami- They have one of the best players in the league in Wade( My pick for MVP) and Chalmers and Beasly will be better so they should be very good next year and the people who think they wont make the playoffs there crazy.
6) Wizards- There getting Areanas back and they added a few good players like Foye and Miller they should be good.
7) Philidelphia- Even though they loose Miller they still should be very good this year Igoudala is a very good player and Young should improve plus Brand getting back they should be good.
8) Chicago- They have last year ROY winner and players like Noah and Thomas should be better they should have a pretty good year.
here's why i think heat miss the playoffs:
they barely made it last year playing just over .500 and looked terrible against the hawks in the first round. And the rest the east has gotten better while the heat's biggest addition was Carlos Arroyo. Chalmers is not a top 20 pg and was basically given a starting spot when the heat drafted him to compete with Quinn. He would not start for just about any other team and I seriously doubt he gets much better. Beasley is not an all-star caliber player. He will score, but he does not create offense for teammates or play defense. Jermaine O'neal (if he can stay healthy) is no longer an all star type player even when he does play. They rely way too much on Wade to carry them and the east has just gotten better while they stood pat with their roster. Unless you think James Jones, Daquean Cook or someone else is gonna explode this year, where is the talent around Wade?
1)Orlando- just to deep and polished
2)Cleveland- Lebron will carry them throughout the season
3)Boston- wont finish higher due to old players needing breaks during year
4)Washington- everybody is healthy and haywood is actually a good center
5)Chicago- rose will be better and people have forgotten about deng
6)Atlanta- lots of fire power, lil small down low
7)Toronto- will have to learn to play together, but when they do they will go on a roll
8)Indiana- quick point guard with ford, hibbert has gotten better and granger is the start and many role players
9)Miami- Wade will carry team, but i dont see him playing the whole year
10)Detroit- lots of offense, no defense(or bigman)
11)Philadelphia- no pg, elton brand still doesnt fit, all iggy
12)New Jersey- good young team will impress at times
13)Milwaukee- If everyone is healthy could be a lot better, but many injury prone players(Redd, Bogut)
14)Charlotte- Okafor for Chandler trade will seem like a horrible idea
15)New York- they arent playing for this year anyways
1-Celtics(not sure y age is such an issue they are deep with Big Baby, Sheed, Daniels, House, Perkins is in great shape looks like he worked out w/NFL guys.)
2-Magic(getting to the Finals was huge, smart move signing Bass lets Lewis play SF)
3-Cavs(getting Shaq good move but landing Parker bigger now West going AWOL no big deal still they have no true PG outside of Lebron, let see how the old bigs stay healthy during the whole year)
4-Hawks(backcourt as good as anyones, need Josh Smith & Marvin Williams to step up)
5-Wizards(need to stay healthy and play D, offense and depth is there)
6-Raptors(Chemistry and Defense are going to be huge, team is stacked though)
7-Bulls(Tyrus Thomas has to play better and Salmons/Deng have to make up for Gordon's scoring)
8-Heat (They probably sneak into the playoffs, young team has to rely on Wade maybe too much)
9-Pistons(Need to play defense but offense is lethal w/Rip, Gordon, Charlie V., maybe trade for a PG)
10-Knicks (The year for Chandler, Galinari, also Nate, Lee playing for contracts. Missing out on Sessions hurt, Tony Douglas was a potential steal in the draft could be great 6th man)
11-Pacers(Losing Jack will hurt, they have some offensive talent but Tyler H, Hibbert, Rush have to produce
12-Philadelphia(Will Brand stay healthy history says no, young guys improve but Iguodala isn't a legit star he needs help)
13-Bobcats(Who are the bigs besides Diaw, Chandler is usually hurt, team isn't balanced & no franchise player still)
14-Nets(rebuilding the young guys will get plenty of time to play)
15-Bucks(Rebuilding but they do have some talent on offense to be entertaining, should trade Redd too)
1. Celtics- Rondo,Allen,Pierce,Perkins&Sheed,Garnett, No Better Starting 5 In The League
2. Cavailers- Bron Bron And Shaq
3.Orlando- Dwight Howard A Monster, With The Addition of Vince And Still Having Rashard Lewis And A 100 Percent Jameer It's All Good!
4. Wizards- Gilbert Is Back, And He Has Lots Of Help
5. Hawks- Tons Of Talent And Potential Plus Jamaal Crawford And Jeff Teague.
6.Raptors- Bosh And Most Efficent PG In Calderon
7. Pistons- Too Much Talent Not To Find A Way To Win At Least 40 Games.
8 Bulls- Only If Rose Can Increase His Scoring if He Doesn't They Wont Make It.
sixers are defintely going to be in.. 2 years in a row, i doubt brand fitting in or not stops them from being there..
i doubt if iggy would start in the all star game..even with those numbers..hes not more popular then lebron who will start at the 3 and wade who will start at the 2..allstar goes by most votes at the position youre listed as if im not mistaken
i agree quincy, if anything, hes invited in by coaches as a reserve.. I do see 1st all star as possibility but we'll see.