Top 5 Players That Make You Cringe Everytime They Shoot
When you're the coach and the score is tied with 5 seconds left, who would you like the ball to go to? I know that most of you would answer Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade or Ray Allen. These guys are so ultra-clutch. Let's go on a reverse and ask you, who are the players that makes you want to shave your head everytime they shoot the ball?
Here's my top 5:
5. Larry Hughes- Hear me out a little bit on this one. Don't get me wrong. Larry was a good shooter during his Wizards heyday but the moment he transferred to Cleveland, he was no longer the player that he was back then. His shooting was slumpy. Even when he transferred to Chicago and NY, it seems he doesn't know how to shoot anymore. He would throw up bricks CONSISTENTLY.
4. Lamar Odom- I've seen him try and be clutch in one game where Kobe hasn't even touched the ball on that sequence. Odom decided to act like a hero and failed. Lesson learned: Give the ball to Kobe when the game is on the line...dumbass!LOL... Just kidding. Lamar hasn't been consistent with his jumper. He would knock down one but miss the next 4 or 5. But apart from that, his versatility is what makes him a big part of the Lakers.
3. DeShawn Stevenson- Cocky and Arrogant. Well, the overrated thing with LeBron is what he'll be remembered for. His shooting is so poor at 39% that you can forget calling him as Michael Jordan (LOL)... Remember? This site compared him to the GOAT. Though he made clutch and buzzer beaters but his jumpshot hasn't come around quite often.
2. Rajon Rondo- The missing part of Rondo's game is a jumpshot. He's got the quickness and playmaking skills that helped Boston covet their 17th title but the jumpshot thing is the one many fans are worried about. Everytime he throws up a shot, Boston fans would have that eerie look on their faces. I saw him try and put up a 3 once and it went airball. He is probably the last player they need when it comes to 3 point shots in the end game but who cares? They got Jesus anyway.
1. Josh Smith- J-Smoove is one of my favorite players in the NBA, my favorite forward aside from LeBron and Luol. His ultra and freak athletic ability allow him to catch those Mike Bibby alley-hoops and slam dunks. He even uses his athleticism in chasing down fastbreaks and slams it home. The thing here is, he tried to improve his jumpshot but doing it on a real game and playoffs is not really wanted. Everytime he shoots the ball, the opponent would leave him wide open because they know that 60% of the time, it would just be a brick. Mike Woodson has been rough on him and still Josh doesn't go eye to eye with his coach. Definitely, he is the player that makes me cringe everytime he shoots the ball...
PS: I would have loved to mention Jason Collins here because he really, really sucks. I saw him attempted a jumpshot ala Mikkie Moore and it missed so bad.
Whatever happened to Luol Deng's shooting? 2/9 so far in the game against the Bucks???? Tsk..Tsk... That's not gonna cut it man...
I thought I would have to include Ronnie Brewer. It makes me laugh how far off Kobe guards him in the playoffs every year. His jumper is a work in progress....to say the least.
Deng looked automatic with his jumper against the Jazz from the mid-range and even showed 3 point range. He's probably having an off-night.
1. Shawn Marion
2. Rajon Rondo
5.JR Smith- Makes A good amount of three's, But his shot selection is terrible.
He scares me when he lets go of the ball.
Damn! I forgot about Tyrus... I remember their second game last season against the Celtics and he went 1-15 from the field. My best friend was so mad at Tyrus and he blasted him out. He had a BS game and the bulls obviously lost and only Rose was the spark plug on that game for Chicago.
yes i know he's one of the better scorers the NBA has in the league today, but just some of the shots he took last year when he was in the Clippers literally just made me cringe.
some ppl refer him to a black hole, and I understandably agree. just watching some Clipper games live last year, he kills the flow when on offense. everyone is moving the ball, and he would hold it for a minimum of 8 seconds like he was a point guard. and then he would do a jab step, jab step, and then shoot a three pointer, and it literally made me say "Nooooooo!". he would missed, brick, heck even airball the shot 75% of the time. and the worst thing about it is, he doesn't hesitate to take that shot, even when the coach calls a set play he takes that shot. maybe there's a reason players set off you?!