I was kind of surprised this guy didn't get drafted, but injuries kind of put a damper on that, i suppose. Anyways, the Bucks added him to their training camp roster. I think he has a really good chance of making that roster with Sessions gone and Charlie Bell as their only pg backup. He really needs to improve his shooting if he wants to make the team, but with split time in the D-League I think he could improve his game. I think it is a worthwhile gamble. He still has upside with his crazy athleticism, and as an undrafted free-agent, this signing isn't going to set them back in the books.
good pickup hes a great defender and playmaker he can really help this team in the future as a backup to Jennings he should have a nice career as a backup and sometimes starter.
I've been knowing Dominic since 5th grade and I'm a big fan. I actually posted that he'd be on the Bucks' training camp roster about a month ago.
Once upon a time, he was considered a potential lottery pick. A combination of things are what caused him to go undrafted. Criticism over his shooting and his ability to run a team are a couple of things.
I think he'll make it in the NBA. He has elite athleticism, speed, quickness, first step, explosion, etc. I think he'll be an amazing change of pace/defensive point guard. The Bucks have been watching him since his freshman year at Marquette, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes their roster.
I'm a huge Dominic James guy because he's exciting to watch, but he's barely an NBA player. He's an NBA athlete and then some though. But he isnt a good enough passer,shooter or consistently good enough finisher. Super duper turnover prone...After his sophomore year, he was supposed to be a 1st rounder if he:
1. Improved his shot
2. Showed he could run a team efficiently and effectively
3. Showed he could play at different speeds (he drives the lane full speed and runs into brick walls way too much)
He did none of those things after 2 years, and I dont think he ever will. If he does make it, it would be as a defensive pest because he has all the tools to succeed in a role like that. He's too turnover prone to be a PG, too short and too ineffective a shooter and too inefficient an offensive player to play 2-guard.
Actually, the Bucks have Ridnour as thier primary backup and Skiles really likes him. I hope the guy makes a roster because I remember him as a fresham and sophomore, and he was awesome. He didnt get any worse or dramaticly better and that hurt him. He was what saved Marquette after Wade left.
Boy... I sure do have a few haters lol! I didn't say anything worth getting negative points. All my points were true. Only one was my opinion.
1. I have been knowing him since he was in the 5th grade. My brother and him are friends and grew up competing against each other during summer aau. The first time I met him was actually at a 3 on 3 Hoop it Up tournament at the old RCA Dome in Indpls. He had ashy legs and played in some Jordans with his shoes untied lol. True.
2. I did post about him being on the Bucks training camp roster about a month ago. I saw him at Champps in Indpls and he told me. He also said the reason he didn't play for the Bucks during summer league was because he got injured in practice. True.
3. He was considered a potential lottery pick/high first round draft pick at one point. Criticism about his shooting and ability to run a team are two reasons why his draft stock took a hit. True.
4. In my opinion, I think he'll make it in the NBA. That's my opinion. I think he's an elite athlete and he can find a role as a change of pace/defensive point guard. My opinion.
5. Marquette is in Milwaukee and the Bucks have been aware of him for quite awhile. It's not a coincidence he's on their training camp roster. True.
It's all good... Ha ha keep on hating.
Ya get that sometimes man. I got ya tho +1.
who really cares if you lose a few points i mean im sure its just someone disagreeing with you or else your points would be lower
Yea you're right. It's not even about the points though. I just thought thought it was wierd somebody disagreed with me about knowing him and hoping that he makes it! Whatever though lol.
dude i used to have a hater who took a point every time i posted ive been through worse.