What the Knicks should do
1. Re-sign David Lee to a short-term contract. We don't really know how Jordan Hill is going to pan out, and it's hard to find a guy who can consistently produce a double-double.
2. Talk Nate Robinson into coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes a game. He's a SG trapped in a 5'9 PG's body, and you're not gonna win alot of games with him as your starting PG. If he's not interested in the offer, then let him go.
3. Trade Chris Duhon. The Knicks probably won't make the playoffs this year, so they should trade him to give Toney Douglas more playing time. It would be great if they could get a shot-blocker (Chris Andersen, Kendrick Perkins). If not, then just get a couple of draft picks for him. They could clear up even more cap space *rolls eyes*
4. Get rid of Eddy Curry. I know that his greedy, lazy @$$ is gonna take that player option. He's only gonna hurt their chances of getting one of the big names of 2010. I would also say get rid of Larry Hughes, but his contract ends after this year.
5. Sign Ramon Sessions. I think he would fit in well with the Knicks as a quality, pass first starting point guard. The only real weakness that I've seen in his game is his outside shooting, and the Knicks have plenty of shooters.
6. Last, but not least, STOP PUTTING ALL OF YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET! Lebron and Wade could easily re-sign with their respective teams, making all of this cap-space business a failure in the eyes of the average Knicks fan. Amare and Bosh probably won't stay in Phoenix and Toronto (Amare may be moved before the end of the season), but that doesn't mean that either one is a lock to go to New York. Joe Johnson might be available, but I have a strong feeling that he re-signs with the Hawks. Kenyon Martin, Rudy Gay, Carlos Boozer and Randy Foye would be much more realistic targets.
i agree with what you said those free agents could go with proven winners instead of money.
i agree too.especially with getting rid of eddy curry.getting rid of duhon doesnt sound too bad but to get rid of him to give a rookie minutes.......i mean im nnot sayin it would be completely dumb but y not keep duhon around to u kno help *teach him* sumthings.notice i put that in stars.
My bad, I was talking as if the Knicks had already signed Sessions. If they don't get Sessions, then they should keep Duhon and have Douglas learn from him.
No one is taking Curry's contract till he proves he can play for a while, even then the contract is for 2 more years.
I like Jordan Hill he needs to be more aggressive offensively in the post but he does have a nice touch on his jumper.
He can run the floor and blocks some shots. Doesn't seem like the Knicks want Lee long term but maybe for one year he doesn't really fit the system that well. Should've traded him last year maybe could've gotten a future draft pick for him.