what did everyone think of this website's top 25?
preseason top 25 that is
WVU too high
WVU too high
Purdue too low
Ohio St. too high
Duke is way to low they should be top 10
Ohio st is way to high they suck
Duke is too low. WVU is WAY too high. Texas is probably a little too high. I'm not sure OU isn't more of a 15-20 team than #11. Clemson should be ranked (KC Rivers is all they lost that was really important. Ovglsvy was just a 3pt shooter and will be more fit in Europe anyways. They got one of their best recruiting classes ever too).
Dayton beat WVU in the ncaa tournamnet. The Flyers had 1 senior last year. Their only loss was Charles Little. They deserve to be in the top 25. Remember the name Chris Wright! He is a stud! The flyers have 7 seniors on the team. They play 13 players every game..very deep team!..the Flyers will make a deep run the the ncaa tournment!
Where is GA TECH, they had some great returns and a GOOD recruiting class
Oklahoma is a top 5 team
Thanks for the comments, I'll address the ones that have already been posted any future comments here.
1. "WVU way too high" - The reason I put them so high is because I firmly believe Devin Ebanks will emerge as one of the nation's elite players this season. Give him a full year with health, he could come out as the No. 1 pick in June.
2. "Purdue too low" - You know, I love Purdue. I'm an advocate of Matt Painter. In fact, if you went back and found my first column for this website from two and a half years ago, you'd see me lauding him for landing Hummel, Moore, Johnson and Martin. But Purdue's lack of frontcourt depth is a major issue.
4. "Ohio State too high" - I can see where you're coming from: the point guard spot is shaky and they lack frontcourt depth. But this team has perhaps the best collection of wings in the nation, and I think those wings will help alleviate a lot of pressure.
5. As far as Duke goes, they basically have two scholarship guards for right now. Even if Andre Dawkins is declared eligible, they'll be very short in the backcourt.
6. Clemson was probably team No. 26. But Oliver Purnell is an awful coach.
7. Georgia Tech has top 15 talent, but they play way too out of control and unless Mfon Udofia takes over as a stabilizing point guard, I'm not sure I trust Shumpert with ball control enough to rank them in the top 25.
8. Dayton was an oversight to some degree, but I do feel as though they really exceeded expectations last season and don't have quite enough talent for Top 25. Wright is terrific though. I'll add them to the honorable mention.
9. Oklahoma is relying very heavily on freshmen, and I'm not sold on Gallon. I've seen him play in person three times and on TV several others, and I just don't think he's good enough to be a go-to guy on a title contender. But they have enough talent to push the top-10, sure.
No, Mitchell was an omission that I didn't mean. I do think Mazzulla starts the year at point with Bryant at off guard, but I could see Mitchell starting by mid-year.
In addition, Smith and Jones will battle it out, but I think they're better off with Jones, a better rebounder.
I'm not even gonna try to pretend that i know my college ball as well as some of you. I just watch the pac 10 until the season gets under way and I see who else is out there. But don't sleep on Cal. Aran has them at 10 right now, but they are legitimate title coteders in my book. They return all 5 starters from a 22 win tournament team from last year, and they have like 4 of their top 5 bench players returning as well. The fact that the pac 10 is down this year will help their record. They will be sick.
Other than WVU too high, good rankings, cant argue w/ anything other than shuffling a few teams here and there.
1. OSU is NOT too high. Evan Turner is one of the best players in the country and they have a good supporting cast
2. How bout Tennessee having the same frontcourt for 3 yrs straight!? Weird. They just dont have the guardplay they once had
3. UNC may struggle more than people think.
Villanova could be scary good. They made a deep run w/ 4 guards before: Lowery (1st rd pick),Nardi, Foye (top 10 pick), and Allan Ray (2nd rd pick). This year's version its Reynolds, Fisher, Redding, Wayns, Cheek, AND Cory Stokes...wow. If Pena and Yarou live up to hype, thats my pick to win it all.
Both Mazzulla and Bryant are suspended, but neither is likely to carry too far into the season.
And thanks for the feedback.
Memphis should be in top 25 they have alot of talent and alot of players set for breakout years they have one of if not the most athletic starting 5s in the NCAA if Elliot Williams gets clleared to play will they be in your top 25?
I'm fully expecting Memphis will take a major dip. They might still win the conference by 3 games, but they won't be undefeated.
They lost as much talent as anyone, didn't bring in much of a recruiting class aside from Williams and players like Tyreke Evans and Shawn Taggart left school early.
Oh, and they had that whole thing where their coach left, incase that didn't make enough national headlines.
They might take a minor dip but it wont be a major one They brought in Angel Garcia4*, Martin Ngaloro French kid probably around 4*, Will Coleman4*,and Elliot Williams5* just because Cal left means nothing they probably have the most athletic starting 5 in the NCAA while I agree they might have a little drop off sfrom the past few years it wont be huge drop off though.
I think they are going to have a big drop off. They lost a good & an experienced coach, top 5 draft pick in Tyreke, very versatile player in Dozer, best defender in Anderson, & their best post player in Taggart. Overall they lost their 4 best players from last season. Who is going to step up & lead the team? Who is going to be the go to scorer? No real PG on the team. Not much of threat in the post. An absolute awful shooting team besides Sallie. No player returning averaged double digit scoring last season. No way Memphis is a top 25 team IMO.
WE will see but remember they play in CUSA and I think they could easily go undefeated in conference there lineup will look something like this
Elliot Williams 5* 6-4
Roburt Sallie 4* 6-5
Doneal Mack 4*6-5
Wesley Witherspoon 4* 6-8
Will Coleman 4* 6-9
Angel Garcia 4* 7-0
Willie Kemp 4* 6-3
Pierre Henderson-Niles 3* 6-8
There only promblem is depth by mid season they will be a top 25 team
tulsa will win c-usa
I haven't seen much of Coleman or Garcia so they are the wildcards. They may end up being a lot better than I currently think they are. I think it really depends on the post play of Memphis. Also Sallie doesn't do much except shoot 3's, Mack & Kemp just aren't that good to me, Niles doesn't do much. Maybe Witherspoon takes a big step up this year. I do like Elliot Williams but he can't do it by himself I don't care how weak the conference is. I actually think Tulsa will win the conference. I like Memphis though & I don't want to sound like I am hating on them. I just think they have a tough season.
I understand what yall are saying but
Coleman has a 43'' Verticlal and is a beast
Garcia is a big who can shoot
Elliot Williams is probably our best player should be the leading scorer
Sallie is a shooter
Witherspoon is very athletic and can play 4 positions
Kemp was the starting pg for a Memphis team that made it to the Elite Eight
Mack is good just not very consistant
Niles is a big body and a good rebounder
I dont think Kemp will, there most likely going to try to start Elliot Williams at pg and if that doesnt workout they will put Kemp there.