JustTuIt52's Mock Draft
Updated: 12/14/14 7:16 pm
Player | Ht | Wt | Pos | Team | Age
1. Philadelphia | Emmanuel Mudiay | 6-5 | 190 | PG | Congo | 18
Philadelphia is just stockpiling young potential stars right now, and Mudiay fits that description. They pass on Okafor with Nerlens and Embiid already on the team. He's a talented shot creator who can drive to the basket, but takes bad shots and isn't very aggressive. Playing in China this season after rescinding his commitment to SMU.
2. New York | Jahlil Okafor | 6-11 | 270 | C | Duke | 19
Extremely poised young big man with tremendous size, length and strength. Relatively untested defensively. Compared to Jared Sullinger. A Greg Monroe trade is inevitable for the Pistons. They'll have to replace him going forward. Okafor starts in a twin towers frontcourt with Drummond.
3. Detroit | Karl-Anthony Towns | 7-0 | 250 | C | Kentucky | 19
The Knicks land a young talented protÃ©gÃ© for Amar'e Stoudemire with Karl Towns. UK's longest player with a 7'3" wingspan. A physical freak, his body is still a work in progress. Represents the Dominican Republic in international play.
4. Minnesota | Montrezl Harrell | 6-8 | 240 | PF | Louisville | 20
Harrell has played like a beast all season. He's my pick for NPOY at this point in the season, and I may be overreacting, but if he keeps it up I could see his stock rising to the top 5. Minny gets its replacement for K Love.
5. Charlotte | Myles Turner | 6-11 | 240 | C | Texas | 18
Excellent size, blocking, and rebounding ability with a good shooting stroke. Lacks explosiveness and still kind of raw. L.A. pairs him with Julius Randle in its frontcourt of the future. The next great Laker center?
6. Utah | Chris McCullough | 6-10 | 220 | PF | Syracuse | 19
Derrick Favors is having a breakout season and living up to his potential so far in 2014-15, but Enes Kanter is not the answer next to him. Move Favors to the 5 full time and put McCullough at the 4.
7. Indiana | Stanley Johnson | 6-7 | 245 | SF | Arizona | 18
Lance Stephenson has been a bust signing so far. The Hornets need a go-to scorer. Johnson has top 3 potential.
PG13 being out is a huge reason why, but the Pacers have really missed Lance Stephenson this season. They have to find guys who can get the ball in the hoop to help out PG when he returns.
9. Orlando | Kristaps Porzingis | 7-1 | 220 | PF | Latvia | 19
Tremendous size, great length and is still growing. A finesse shooter type player. The C's go with a potential value pick down the road with their young post-Rondo core set.
10. Boston | Kevon Looney | 6-9 | 220 | SF/PF | UCLA | 18
Broad shoulders and one of the best defensive players in the draft. excellent rebounder and shot blocker with a 7'1" wingspan. Somewhat of a tweener. The Magic go with a potential guy since their young core is set with Payton-Oladipo-Harris-Vucevic. Maybe play Looney at the 4 in the starting 5.
11. Denver | Justise Winslow | 6-6 | 225 | SG/SF | Duke | 18
A solid all-around player and a good teammate, a quality that would appeal to the Thunder brass. Stays composed on the court. Still a work in progress but OKC is in a bit of a transition period with all these young guys anyway so.
12. Sacramento | Mario Hezonja | 6-8 | 215 | SG/SF | Croatia | 19
Pick goes to Minnesota. Super Mario is one of the best international players in the world. He can make a shot from anywhere on the court, very good in transition and off the dribble. Minny adds a good scorer to complement/help Wiggins in the rotation.
13. Oklahoma Cty | Willie Cauley-Stein | 7-0 | 240 | C | Kentucky | 21
Pick goes to the Rockets from the Omer Asik deal. WCS is a defensive-minded big man, one of if not the best shot blocker in NCAAB who'd excel at the next level in Houston learning from D12.
14. Phoenix | Cliff Alexander | 6-8 | 250 | PF | Kansas | 19
Has great physical tools and extremely athletic but a little undersized. Possible T-Rob experiment 2.0 for the Kings but they pick Alexander to pair with Boogie Cousins.
15. Brooklyn | Rondae Hollis-Jefferson | 6-7 | 215 | SF | Arizona | 19
Pick going to the Hawks from the Joe Johnson trade. RHJ is an athletic slasher who can make the mid range jumper. Big, athletic frame gives him an advantage on defense. Depth behind DeMarre Carroll.
16. Miami | Sam Dekker | 6-9 | 230 | SF | Wisconsin | 20
Pick going to the 76ers. More young talent for the rebuilding Sixers. A smart and versatile combo forward with good size, length, and mobility. A team player, will give Philly someone to rally around in the locker room. Excels in catch-and-shoot situations. Needs to continue to work on his skills at the next level.
17. Milwaukee | Terry Rozier | 6-2 | 190 | PG | Louisville | 20
The Bucks go BPA, expect a trade if they take a guy like Rozier since they already have 3 young PGs in B Knight, Nate Wolters and Marshal.
18. New Orleans | Christian Wood | 6-11 | 220 | PF | UNLV | 19
19. Cleveland | Moussa Diagne | 6-11 | 225 | C | Senegal | 20
This pick is going to the Cavaliers from last season's Luol Deng-Andrew Bynum swap. Cleveland could use some more center depth. They only have the injury prone Andy V and aging Brendan Haywood to play the 5.
20. Chicago | Dakari Johnson | 7-0 | 255 | C | Kentucky | 19
21. San Antonio | Frank Kaminsky | 7-0 | 240 | C | Wisconsin | 21
22. Dallas | RJ Hunter | 6-5 | 180 | SG | Georgia St. | 21
23. Atlanta | Sindarius Thornwell | 6-5 | 215 | SG | South Carolina | 20
24. LA Clippers | Andrew Harrison | 6-6 | 210 | PG/SG | Kentucky | 20
25. Washington | Marcus Lee | 6-9 | 220 | PF/C | Kentucky | 20
26. Toronto | Norman Powell | 6-4 | 215 | SG | UCLA | 21
27. Portland | Buddy Hield | 6-4 | 215 | SG | Oklahoma | 21
28. Houston | Trey Lyles | 6-10 | 250 | PF | Kentucky | 19
29. Memphis | Eric Ferguson | 6-8 | 200 | SF | Georgia Southern | 25
30. Golden St. | Delon Wright | 6-5 | 190 | PG/SG | Utah | 22
31. Philadelphia | Mateusz Ponitka | 6-5 | 205 | SG | Poland | 21
32. New York | Terran Petteway | 6-6 | 215 | SF | Nebraska | 22
33. Detroit | Wayne Selden | 6-5 | 230 | SG | Kansas | 20
35. Charlotte | Isaiah Taylor | 6-2 | 170 | PG | Texas | 20
37. Indiana | Bryce Dejean-Jones | 6-6 | 210 | SG | Iowa St. | 22
|38. LA Lakers|
|43. Oklahoma Cty|
|48. New Orleans|
|51. San Antonio|
|54. LA Clippers|
|60. Golden St.|