To Xbox 360 Users who own NBA 2K13:

NCarmean18
NCarmean18's picture
To Xbox 360 Users who own NBA 2K13:

To those of you on this forum who own NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 console, I just thought I would let you all know that I am currently in the process of creating a 2013 Draft class all on my own. I'm using information from NBADraft.net itself to help me make all of the prospects to the best of my ability. It will be a long process, just starting today, and it will probably take me about 2-3 weeks to complete. However, after I am done, I will post it in the 2K Share for everyone to download.

I started making the class about 2 1/2 hours ago, and I have 10 prospects made up. The only things that I will have to do to those already created is adjust their attributes. The list of prospects that I have created already goes like this:

Shabazz Muhammed (SG/SF) - UCLA

Kentavious Caldwell-Popr (SG) - Georgia

James McAdoo (SF/PF) - North Carolina

Tony Mitchell (SF/PF) - North Texas

Alex Poythress (SF/PF) - Kentucky

Otto Porter (SF) - Georgetown

Cody Zeller (PF/C) - Indiana

Nerlens Noel (PF/C) - Kentucky

Steven Adams (C) - Pittsburgh

Alec Brown (C) - Wisconsin Green Bay

After I am done with this draft class, I will periodically update their looks, attributes, and skillsets. I will update the class either every week, or every other week depending on timing. Whenever I finish the class, I will post a forum giving Xbox 360 users the information to download the Draft Class.

I have seen a ton of crappy draft classes, and my goal is to make a draft class that will dominate all of the rest. It will take some time and effort, but I will be looking forward to doing it. Thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Good stuff man

Would be glad to check them out and am appreciative of the amount of work you are putting into them. My suggestion would only be what I told ShamoN 513 (a guy who used to and I believe still does make draft classes):

http://nbadraft.net/forum/nba-2k12-online-association

The gist of it: Use the averages by position as a gauge. I find that many rookie classes are rated much too high, with certain attributes than being nothing like guys who play similar positions. This really effects the realism of the game going forward. Make sure not to make potential too high as well, imagine the best rating you see the player becoming in the future and set it at that. Even use this years rookie class ratings as maybe something to use as a guide. Do not have to be identical, just note that their are only a few rookies above 70, with the best few being above 75 (actually know that Anthony Davis is the highest at 79, am not sure of the others above the 75 plateau).

If you feel a guy like Shabazz is comparable to James Harden, maybe check out his ratings. Shabazz may be an even more explosive athlete than James, possibly stronger, but I am sure on the whole he will have some things you can definitely rate below James right now. His potential to be a James Harden, or above James Harden level player if you feel so inclined, should also be a sign for what one might rate him in that level that could be important in his development (in the game, of course). Those are just my thoughts, but I am an X-Box user and am happy to hear that someone will be trying to make some really solid draft classes for the latest 2k.

NCarmean18
NCarmean18's picture
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice, it will surely help me out with the creation of my Draft Class. I know what you mean by overrated players, and that is exactly why I chose to create my own draft class.

Last year, the best draft class that I could find had Meyers Leonard able to shoot 3-point jumpers at an effictive rate. It is not realistic at all, which is exactly why I am working to make the most legitimate draft class that I can. I am working on the class at this very moment, so hopefully I can put out the first version of it as soon as possible.

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
I downloaded a couple of good

I downloaded a couple of good classes on 2K12, but none of them were really great... There always seemed to be something missing. I'm looking forward to you doing this.

NCarmean18
NCarmean18's picture
Thanks!

Well I appreciate that, man. The hardest thing about making this draft class in going to be making realistic ratings for the players. I don't have the capability to watch every single college player, so I use this site as my #1 reference to help me out.

However, I do already know that as of right now, either Shabazz Muhammed or Cody Zeller will be the highest of overall players in the class.

Bmore_DC
Bmore_DC's picture
I will def check it out man,

I will def check it out man, excited...i think ive seen your rosters or draft classes somewhere before? not sure.

It might make it easier for you to download a good draft class and just edit it yourself...for the sake of saving some time, but either way, like i said i am looking forward to it!

NCarmean18
NCarmean18's picture
Well...

I thought about downloading another draft class and fixing it myself, but with the changes that I want to make, I really don't think that it would work out. I'd still spend as much time on it as I would starting from scratch, which is what I have already done. It's going to be a process, and the first few versions will be off as far as looks are concerned, but I am going to make the very best draft class that I can, and I will be updating it and uploading it periodically on the 2K Share for the 360.

JRdaFilipino
thank you sir

Yup, thanks for this. Most of the 2k13 draft class downloads are average at best, and only have 30-40 actual prospects and the rest are computer generated or somethin. If anyone knows of any good 2014 draft classes, or if you're working on one, let me knowwwww.

MUbballfan
MUbballfan's picture
Thanks alot. Don't have 2k13

Thanks alot. Don't have 2k13 yet, am getting it this friday. Last year I became frustrated with all of the crappy draft classes I downloaded. Will download yours for sure (if it is in fact good, which it should be). If you're up to it maybe you could make 2014 as well? Would really like to play as Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, Julius Randle, Harrison bros, Aaron Gordon, Noah Vonleh, etc.

RSS: Syndicate content