Who would be a good, likely choice for the New Jersey Nets in the 2009 Draft?

Chris S.
Who would be a good, likely choice for the New Jersey Nets in the 2009 Draft?

Jonny Flynn? Wayne Ellington? Chase Budinger? Earl Clark? What do you think?

(I think Jonny Flynn or Chase Budinger would be good.)

ucantcheckmejdj3
James Johnson

James Johnson

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I like James Johnson because

I like James Johnson because Harris and dooling are solid a the point. Vince may not be going anywhere because honestly he is playing better than anyone he could be trade for. maybe Portland is that desperate right now if they can get Hinrich from the Bulls.

boffacheerios
derozan would be ideal to

derozan would be ideal to replace the ailing carter, so if they could trade up that's an option.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
sounds good to if they move

sounds good to if they move up

Stanford hoops
chris s

why would you include flyn when they already have harris at the point?..id say pick a power foward or earl clark

blackflash234
Best Available Small Foward

Best Available Small Foward = Eark Clark if he's still available and if he's no available then James Johnson. I consider Chase Budinger a shooting guard.

nthegoodlife
No need...

for Flynn. Maybe Demar or Earl Clark though...

sameolG
sameolG's picture
nets

they should get Budinger

Hood Kid
tyreke evans,it would be a

tyreke evans,it would be a perfect fit,he's proven in the dribble drive offense which frank endures,and vince carter will have to go at some point,backcourt of harris and evans,should be great

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Clark

Earl Clark, they need a swingman..

bron42
right up my alley since i work for them lol

not taking Budinger for a few simple facts, hes pretty one dimensional, very weak on defense and they already said their not trading vince with CDR and dooling on the bench still under contract. The team has enough shooters anyway.

Right now were looking at backups for Devin harris in workouts so you'd have to look more at the flynns or lawsons. Also, the progress josh boone and ryan anderson makes will play a part since thanks to williams antics we will need more depth at pf. If anything we're more likely to take the best player availible just for overall depth

nepaliman_7
earl clark, demar derozan,

earl clark, demar derozan, james johnson

illinimanmark
They need wing players like

They need wing players like clark, derozan, etc. They could be good in a couple of years if they can put some pieces around Harris and Robin Lopez.

joecheck88
joecheck88's picture
they have brook lopez not

they have brook lopez not robin. i think they r picking too high for backup point guard. i say best available between earl clark, james johnson, demar derozan, or a pf that is worthy of late lotto

Stanford hoops
a back up pf sounds liek a

a back up pf sounds liek a good idea someone with some toughness

mbunner23
mbunner23's picture
I agree about Earl Clark or

I agree about Earl Clark or James Johnson

rvirsal
rvirsal's picture
hmmmmmmmm

james johnson would be the best fit i guess. the nets as currently structured can make the playoffs next year (assuming brook will be a beast in the paint). cdr would replace vc someday. yi will be starting at the four, brook at the 5, devin at the 1 and vc at the 2. it's hard to think of anybody in the nets roster who can start at the 3. simmons? hayes? najera? not really. that's where james johnson can make an impact immediately. he can start at the 3, adding more scoring at the forward position (i think he can be better than rjeff). the nets have a bright future, maybe even brighter than the blazers.

Stanford hoops
im not sure if jj would

im not sure if jj would because he likes to rome on the outside too much..he consideres his self a three( which hes talented enough to play) so that tells me right there he wants to continue to rome and shoot more jumpers instead of banging down low

TheNetsFan
With Harris not being a

With Harris not being a prototypical PG, the Nets would like someone who can handle and pass at some of the other positions, the way VC can. Also, I think VC is best suited to move to SF at this stage of his career, so an athletic guy that can defend the SG position & shoot from deep (given Harris's streaky long range shooting) would be nice. They also need somebody on the inside that is willing to throw some muscle around. Finally, we all know Thorn likes versatile players that can play more than one position.

Given the above, obviously Griffin would be the ideal 4, but it's not likely that they'll move up that high. Next, Harden would be a nice SG to plug between Harris & Vince. After that, it gets very debatable. DeRozan has the athleticism to fit nicely, but he'll likely be gone. His 3pt shot worries me also. Then that points in the direction of the 3/4 tweeners (Clark & Johnson). I like Johnson a lot better, because he's much more physical & NBA ready. Clark may have the higher ceiling, but Johnson has the higher floor (less likely to be a complete bust). Johnson's strength will give him a better chance at the 4, and his ball handling, aggressiveness, and scoring ability make him a nice complimentary player.

If the Nets were to trade down, I think Calathes would be a great compliment to Harris as well as a combo guard.

RSS: Syndicate content