Who is going number 1 in 2010?

Meditated States
Meditated States's picture
Who is going number 1 in 2010?

Who is going number 1 next year and why?

Michael.S.
John Wall

most likely#1 because his potential is unlimited

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
Greg Monroe- he will have a

Greg Monroe- he will have a Griffin-like Sophomore year. Wall could go 1st but if a team that picked a PG in this years draft gets the 1st pick, Monroe is the most likely pick

Lemons4Life
Lemons4Life's picture
Wall

I believe John Wall is going number one next year. The sleeper though will be Soloman Alibi who I see becoming a great player. As for the number two pick I see Derrick Favors there because I can see him and Lawal getting experience playing together. Everyone says Ed Davis is going there, but I frankly see Davis as an overrated player at the power forward spot. Don't get me wrong, Davis will be a nice contributer one day, but second, is too far from belief for his skill level.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Yea

Wall has that spot held down. Ed Davis doesnt have the skill-set to be a No.1 pick, and Monroe will be a good pro, but he isnt going to be worth the No.1 pick.

NYKnicksuperFan
I think Wall is the best but

the teams with the early picks wont need PG's-SAC has Evans, Utah who has the Knicks pick has D-Will, Minny has a couple, Toronto is decent with Calderon but have much bigger needs, NJ has Harris and so on...

Lodzio20

if Wall will be great in college and has stats like:20 ppg, 6 apg, 4 rpg he wil be 1st pick.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
True fact

It was said that the Bulls had a good set of PG's in 07 with Duhon and Hinrich and had a more pressing need at the PF. But they passed a PF in Beasley for Rose, when Rose wasnt a huge need for them. So if teams think they have a franchise-changing prospect they will take them and ask questions later

malipo
crazy name

for me montejunas or wall i love ed dadiv but he doesn't ready for nba now and he must do more experience he will became a giant player

Mattissick
I want Ed Davis he is a

I want Ed Davis he is a beast. Wall supposedly has amazing potential though

Michael.S.
Motiejunas is going be4

Ed Davis

JNixon
JNixon's picture
I like Montejunas' potential

He seems like he is going to be a matchup nightmare in the NBA, I actually like him.

Snatalini247
Snatalini247's picture
2010 NBA Draft

Good point with that point guard thing. Actually when the Bulls picked Rose they could have used a PG still becasue Hinrich and Duhon werent nearly as good as any of the PG's of the teams that are going to be picking in the lower half of the draft after. The Knicks pick goes to the Jazz who have Williams. The Nets have Harris like you said. The Raptors have also have Calderon. The 76ers are a possiblity but its doubtful that they will be that dreadful and earn the number one pick. Then there are the Pacers who likely wont be that bad as well as the Bucks who just drafted Jennings. The Pistons may be reloading but I cant see them finishing last either. In the Magics divison the only team that may possibly finish with the number one pick will be the Bobcats which i could see picking Wall becasue honestly they dont have a franchise player and there point guards arent nearly as good as Wall. Then in the Spurs division maybe the Grizzlies would pick him even though they have Conley so that all depends on how good of a year he has. Then there are the Timberwolves and Thunder who are both pretty much set at PG. Finally we have the Warriors with Stephen Curry. I cant see the Suns getting the number one pick or the Clippers because its soooo unlikely that they would two years in a row. However I can envision the Kings getting Wall because I dont think Tyrkeve Evans is best suited as a point guard.

Stanford hoops
depends on how good wall

depends on how good wall will be this year..all this ed davis talk is wayyyyyyyyyyy premature and most is bandwagon hoping because some writers said he will go number 2..we have to wait and see because now he wont have four other first rounders to hide behind/hold him back..and he will be starting plus defenses will be able to concentrate more on him..im willing to put money that he wont dominate next year though..he has potenial but he hasnt shown yet that he is ready to dominate...the draft will change because its never the way it is predicted before the season start or before the frehman even play the game..there will be alot of freshman that dont do as well as people thought ( al la samrio samules,jru holiday,bj mullans, taylor king, chase budinger) so how about we calm down and wait

koty
Ed Davis

Physically, Ed reminds me of Chris Bosh; a long, athletic big who is skinny. However, there games are different. Davis is very talented defensively and because of his massive arms, he is able to block shots left and right, as well as rebound at a high rate. Offensively, he can step out some and hit jumpers at about the free throw line and in. He also has a very nice lefty hook. Lots of potential. With all the pg's drafted this year, i see Davis going first over Wall.

Stanford hoops
like i said we shal see..its

like i said we shal see..its pretty easy to hit these open jumpers and get rebounds when you have the defense concentrating on tyler hansboro..this over hype is a tad premature seeing as he was a sixth man instead of a starter..meaning he has the potenial but obviously isnt that close to reaching that potenial yet

JNixon
JNixon's picture
^

Good post Josh,

Hale
Hale's picture
Just saw this article, maybe

Just saw this article, maybe it will help?
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=959971

Stanford hoops
nope that didnt help because

nope that didnt help because just like on here its more opnions(it wouldnt help if i put up a article saying davis will be abust either) ...people watch the same game but come away seeing something different all the time...just like the articles saying mullins will be top five or number one..most of the time its just a popular choice..personally i never go with popular choice just because im more into watching a player and seeing what they produce and if they reach there potenial..i think its gonna take more then another year for ed davis to reach his potenial

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
i was kind of surprised to

i was kind of surprised to see Ed Davis as a top 3 pick already in these mock drafts. I see him being like the 10th pick next year. Of course it depends on what type of year he has and how much he develops. I agree it isn't going to be easy for Ed now that all the pros are gone.

Stanford hoops
exactly...i always find it

exactly...i always find it funny when posters say someone will automatically be great after either comming off the bench the year before or because they read about it or because some one is tall and athletic..instead of realizing that yes a player has potenial but we must wait and see because the year before the player didnt come close to dominating

ckowalski
to whoever posted the kings

to whoever posted the kings taking john wall. him and evans would be a scary backcourt.

Stanford hoops
yeah that would be...but i

yeah that would be...but i cant see that happening..theres a guy there by the name of kevin martin who is pretty good

ckowalski
if you get wall and evans i

if you get wall and evans i think martin becomes expendable. maybe a few years down the road when his contract is up you just let him walk since evans and wall would be developed by then. although i think its pretty unlikely they get evans and wall anyways.

Stanford hoops
naw theres no way i say that

naw theres no way i say that with out evans playing one nba game as well as wall...plus i dont want a back court of 2 players that need to drive to get most if not all there points..youre real undervauling what kevin martin can do and overvauling what evans can do considering the fact he has proved nothing yet

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Yea

Martin is too weak for SF, and Evans just isn't a SF at all so they would have too many tweeners. But Ed Davis may have too come out in 2011 too truly reach his potential. He seems real raw from what I saw last yr and just needs time to fill out his frame and develop some go to moves

Hale
Hale's picture
Martin has a jump shot and

Martin has a jump shot and Evans doesn't so assuming the get Wall (again just a scenario) Martin would be the better compliment to Wall because he brings other things to the table. Evans and Wall are very similar except for athletcism and playmaking.

ckowalski
I like evans. I'll wait and

I like evans. I'll wait and see how he looks this time next year to make my final opinion though. I'm not super high on Kevin Martin. I don't think he's a bad player, i'm just not sure that him and Beno are the best players to build around.

Stanford hoops
yeah i agree with the ed

yeah i agree with the ed davis thing...he didnt start because he just wasnt ready..he had the potenial to eventually be good but he isnt close to reaching it yet and there is a possiblity that he doesnt reach it...everything with him is based off what he MIGHT eventually do....now you substitue him and greg monroe and im willing to bet the house that greg starts next to tyler

KevinDurantRocks
What is the hype of John Wall

I don't know lots about him but on the youtube clips all i see is him running by some slow white dude haha

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Slow White dude?

Well trust me, he will be the one running by fast black dudes in college lol

koty
iguodola, i agree with ur

iguodola, i agree with ur comment. It might take Ed Davis an extra year to develop his skills, but that doesnt mean he will stay. If he has a good year, i bet he leaves

knicksfreak
knicksfreak's picture
Depends who's

Depends who's picking.

Wall
Favors
Davis
Aldrich
Aminu
Monroe

are all possibilities.

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
no love for Craig Brackins?

no love for Craig Brackins?

ball4life66
WhatKnickfreaks said. I

WhatKnickfreaks said. I don't know why people think John Wall has the spot locked down...he hasn't even played played a game of college yet. I guarentee most people have not even see Wall play a game in high school and have just watched his highlight tape. Heck most recruiting analyst don't even have him the #1 player in the nation.

Stanford hoops
exactly ball4life...i say

exactly ball4life...i say that about all these players getting all this hype without playing a college game...i remeber bj mullins and holiday were suppossed to be top picks..im not saying theres no chance im just saying let the guy play in college first..also whats the past percentage of the press naming the top pick a year or 2 in advance and it ends up playing out that way?..top 3?

bobbob8
John Wall

crazy potentiol.

Stanford hoops
yeah every year at least 5

yeah every year at least 5 people have crazy potenial if they can jump or dribble fast with the basketball...mullins was suer crazy potenial too..im very interested to see how it plays out against better competition....another thing im wondering..what was john wall ranked last year..seeing as he was a 5th year senior..i wonder what other players wuld be ranked if they also stayed a extra year in highschool?..hmmmmm

RSS: Syndicate content