Who goes #1 in 2013?

Aran_Smith
Administrator
Who goes #1 in 2013?

Posting this as a forum topic to be discussed here, but also want you guys to send me your picks. Sort of like the essay contests in the past.

Will it be Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammad, James McAdoo, Alex Poythress, Steven Adams? another player, or None of the Above (you can take the field outside these guys or pick a specific player outside).

Send me a 300-400 word (roughly) explaination on why your guy goes 1. I'll consider each and create a "fan's voice" article on the front page with the top arguement for each player. I will keep track and next year after the draft, post the people who had it right.

We will be featuring all of these guys in the coming weeks. But figured this would be a fun exercise to get the NBADraft.net community involved!

Send to: [email protected]. Please send your entry by July 4th.

So, who goes #1 in 2013???

drk3351
drk3351's picture
I say muhammad as he will

I say muhammad as he will most likely dominate college defenses and score 20 something points every night.

Codyb1701
I will say

Nerlens Noel, aka Anthony Davis version 2.0, he will dominate. UCLA system kills players numbers and Shabazz will have better shooters then himself on the team and a lot of bigs demanding the ball.

Memphis Madness

I can see McAdoo being a great fit for the Cavs. McAdoo would be great on the Bobcats too if they committed to a smaller, quicker lineup. If not, Cody Zeller would be the pick for the Bobcats.

The Cavs might not need another center but a Zeller combo in Cleveland would be interesting. McAdoo and Zeller would also work well for the Wizards. Nerlens Noel would also be a nice pick for Washington. James McAdoo would complete the front line in Sacto or Detroit. I have seen a bit of Shabaaz Mohammed but not too much. I will study him more. Off the top of my head though, the Bobcats and Pistons could use a shooting guard.

Rudy Gobert is another beast.

I am really starting to like the 2013 draft.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
Anthony Davis was a much

Anthony Davis was a much better basketball player at the same stage than Noel. Davis is light yrs ahead in b-ball IQ. He had more defensive integrity. Noel chases down every block, and tries to act like a PG too much and bring the ball up the court. Steven Adams IMO is a better prospect than Noel.

Overall, this upcoming class seems pretty weak. So many of the top guys like Noel and Shabazz have so much to learn. Not Zeller, but I think his upside is a little limited.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
Anthony Davis was a much

Anthony Davis was a much better basketball player at the same stage than Noel. Davis is light yrs ahead in b-ball IQ. He had more defensive integrity. Noel chases down every block, and tries to act like a PG too much and bring the ball up the court. Steven Adams IMO is a better prospect than Noel.

Overall, this upcoming class seems pretty weak. So many of the top guys like Noel and Shabazz have so much to learn. Not Zeller, but I think his upside is a little limited.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
Anthony Davis was a much

lilballa141
I say Shabazz, Zeller,

I say Shabazz, Zeller, Nerlens in that order top 3... IF zeller comes out shabazz and nerlens are most likely 1 n done

aamir543
aamir543's picture
An essay? Yeah!!! Ima get an

An essay? Yeah!!! Ima get an A on this, plus extra credit!

And it would be cool if we could have a monthly essay contest as well, this is a great essay.

Hale
Hale's picture
How long do we have to submit

How long do we have to submit it?

Aran_Smith
Administrator
I'll make the deadline July

I'll make the deadline July 4th.

qDizzle32
qDizzle32's picture
Shabazz Muhammad

Shabazz Muhammad

Wahoo757
Wahoo757's picture
It's either Shabazz or Noel

I'm between Shabazz and Noel, I think these are the only two legitimate candidates to go #1. Steven Adams is really raw and might not even get much PT considering how much Jamie Dixon hates playing freshmen. I'd be surprised if he even declares this year. James McAdoo is solid, nothing spectacular to make him a #1 pick. Alex Poythress doesn't have much in terms of perimeter skills, MKG went #2, and he's the best case scenario for someone without really developed perimeter skills. Cody Zeller has a 6'8 wingspan and doesn't rebound well enough to be a #1 pick. So in my opinion it comes down to Shabazz and Noel.

Professor Rozay
Shabazz

The number one pick is going to be Shabazz Muhammad...It will not be close between him and any other player in the draft next year...

dolla130
its crazy how ppl are really

its crazy how ppl are really sleeping on McAdoo he probably has the most talent and poteintal in the draft and will dominate the acc a better confrence then that sorry pac 12 that shabazz will so called dominate, and nerlens noel to me looks smaller then listed and will get horsed around next season there hopes he will be davis is a lot of pressure on that kid and he to me isnt even the best recruit they have, Alex poythress will be really good

Hale
Hale's picture
Dude I like McAdoo, but he's

Dude I like McAdoo, but he's a 4 in a 3's body. He has no wing skills at all and he's not big enough to go #1 as a 4. Top 5 sure, but not #1.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
My 4 Top Prospects with a

My 4 Top Prospects with a chance to go number 1 are:

1.Nerlens Noel

2.Shabazz Muhammed

3.James McAdoo

4.Cody Zeller

My 7 DARKHORSES are:

1.Dwayne Dedmon

2.Dario Saric

3.Alek Brown

4.Mitch McGary

5.Alex Poythress

6.Stephen Adams

7.Isaiah Austin

rwd5035
It would depend who gets #1,

It would depend who gets #1, but at this point, I think Nerlens Noel will go #1 unless the Bobcats get the 1st pick, and they'd take Shabazz Muhammad imo.

lakeshow22
Shabazz Muhammad

There are really only 2 Franchise Players in next years draft in Shabazz Muhammad and Nerlen Noels.

Shabazz should definetly be the number 1 pick next year and i think hes good enough to play in the NBA TODAY.

Elite Scoring guard with an NBA Swingmans body, deadly shooting touch from the pereimeter , Super competitive attitudude, NBA Ready Body, Elite Athletism, Pure Scorer with Killer instinct and can take any game over offeisnvely.

The Most talented Shooting Guard since Dwyane Wade in 2003.

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
Really love this idea.

Really love this idea.

Aran_Smith
Administrator
CODY!!!

We've gotten a lot of Shabazz and Noel and no Cody Zellers. Somebody send me a Zeller #1 arguement or I will do it! Am I really the only one? C'mon guys he'll make you look good. 6'11 skilled, high character, runs the floor extremely well, great hands, athletic, Indiana great chance to win it all, his stats are going to dwarf the competition. Trust me, NBA scouts think he's got a great chance to go 1.

Hale
Hale's picture
I'd like him at #2, just

I'd like him at #2, just doesn't seem to me like a guy with #1 overall potential. Noel is much more raw but his ceiling is much higher and Bazz is just a stud.

Wahoo757
Wahoo757's picture
Really productive, but...

The NBA Draft is about potetial moreso than production. You can rationalize Zeller being the #1 pick because he's really skilled and pretty sthletic for a 6-11 guy, and he put up really good numbers in a tough Big 10 Conference. However, I personally don't see Zeller going #1, and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he slid to the 6-9 range because he's not oozing with potential like some other guys like Noel, Shabazz or even McAdoo. Zeller is limited by his 6-8 wingspan, and that hinders him on the boards (average 6.6 a game). He plays tougher than his 230 pounds but again you'd like to see a center gain more weight. So pretty much what I'm saying is that if he continues to improve he could post some #1 overall type production, but he simply does not have a number one overall physical profile.

Grandmama
Grandmama's picture
To me, Shabazz looks like the

To me, Shabazz looks like the favorite to be selected 1st. It all depends on how his freshman year goes, but it this point it looks like Shabazz.

Personally I hope Nerlens Noel dominates this year and gets selected 1st. I love this guy as a prospect, and his ability to block shots is simply amazing. Hopefully he adds some bulk because at this point he is extremely thin.

xavier328
xavier328's picture
DaJuan Coleman will be a top

DaJuan Coleman will be a top 5 pick....Watch!!!!!!

rileymcshea3
rileymcshea3's picture
I honestly think shabazz is

I honestly think shabazz is over rated and really doesn't have that good of a jumper but for some reason teams will probably draft him number 1 overall just because of his athleticism so I will change it up and day Steven Adams goes first even though I haven't learned that much about next years class because I think why they do in college is was should be talking for them, not what they do in highschool

3-6 Mafia
i think that cody zeller is

i think that cody zeller is arguably the best player next year STRICTLY for college basketball, the nba is a different monster. i would take some1 with more of a "nba style game"

1. shabazz

2. nerlens

3. cody

4thewin
how thing have changed!

how thing have changed!

imAboutDatAction
imAboutDatAction's picture
Bump. looks like the dark

Bump.

looks like the dark horse was Anthony Bennet lol.

RSS: Syndicate content