Who do you think are the highest potential players in the 2013 draft?

DefenseWinsChamps
DefenseWinsChamps's picture
Who do you think are the highest potential players in the 2013 draft?

http://nbadrafttiers.blogspot.com/p/2013-nba-draft-tiers.html

Based on my Draft Tiers, i have Smart, Noel, Bennet, and Muhammad as the players with the most potential in this draft.

Then i have McLemore, Burke, Porter, and Zeller on the next tier.

What would yours be?

ASAP Henry
ASAP Henry's picture
Imo, Bennet is overrated. In

Imo, Bennet is overrated. In a perfect world he's a good energy guy to bring off your bench. I have Shabazz, McLemore, Noel (if he recovers from the ACL), and maybe Cody Zeller. This draft is pretty week.

Future_Scout
All i'm gonna say is.... in

All i'm gonna say is.... in my 'draft tier', no players would be under "Franchise Tier"

Taylor Gang Mike
Taylor Gang Mike's picture
I would say Mclemore and MCW

I would say Mclemore and MCW

mess.eee
mess.eee's picture
I would say Alex Len has the

I would say Alex Len has the most potential in this year's draft class. His size, length and athletecism doesn't come around often. He is also fairly refined offensively.

Dale Worthington
Dale Worthington's picture
WCS Isaiah Austin MCW Victor

WCS
Isaiah Austin
MCW
Victor Oladipo
Lorenzo Brown

NYBALLAS
I dont think this draft sucks

I dont think this draft sucks at all. It may not have that defined star who will come in with a superstar persona already as a rookie but there's a good 18-20 guys that have very solid potential who i think can come in and contribute. But without a doubt the highest potential player is MCW. Yes Noel, Shabazz, Zeller, and Mclemore all have great potential but the tools they bring to go with their physique are seen in just about every draft but a 6'6 pg or even bigger like was with magic and Shaun Livingston is seen once in a blue moon. We just had that thread the other day about the Livingston article and with someone who didn't showcase the best offense there was still almost like an untapped potential with the possibilities he brought. If MCW was less turnover prone wed be talking about him way more. If he had a better shooting % and was less turnover prone wed be talking about him being top 5

SgtMcSquiggles
Victor Oladipo and Trey

Victor Oladipo and Trey Burke.

alinge
alinge's picture
Mclemore and Noel for me are

Mclemore and Noel for me are the only guys who I would say look like future all-stars. Shabazz might but boy is he a chucker. Smart, MCW, Oladipo, Bennett, Len all have a chance to be quite good

MJBrown
I see zero franchise changers

I see zero franchise changers in this draft. McClemore and Mohammad will probably have solid NBA careers, maybe make an all-star game here or there. If Noel doesn't work on his body and a postgame, he's a journeyman. After that, roll the dice. This looks like a really weak draft.

Siggy
McLemore and Steven Adams if

McLemore and Steven Adams if he declares.

machu46
I think a couple of guys can

I think a couple of guys can be franchise changers in the sense that they bring a new mentality to the team. Not so much that they're the kinda guy that you can build a team around, but for example, I think adding MCW to a team like Sacramento would make a huge difference. That team is made up of a ton of guys that just look to get theirs. If they can add a PG that wants to distribute and defend, it could make a huge impact on their team.

As far as the players with the most potential in this year's draft, I'd go with (in no particular order):
MCW
Noel
McLemore
Alex Len

And two guys that I think could easily bust but also have a lot of potential:
Isiah Austin
Tony Mitchell

RSS: Syndicate content