The "Where's the guy I like in the 2011 draft , even though were months away from the draft" Post

Knicksboy3
The "Where's the guy I like in the 2011 draft , even though were months away from the draft" Post

I don't understand, we JUST had the mock draft, Aran JUST dropped the 2012 mock, and ya'll getting all up and arms about the position of the players, and some guys that aren't even in there. We're not even in the same year the draft will take place, yet we need to make a post about why certain freshman aren't in the mock, or why player X is missing because YOU think he's gonna have a breakout season. Can we let a college game go down before we start getting defensive about players we like? Again, I'm not talking to certain, I'm talking to the majority.

Let's calm down guys, I'm not saying don't share your opinions, but every day we see these posts? Come on now.

scoutguru
Yeah I agree. We all (well

Yeah I agree. We all (well most of us) know that it makes no sense in arguing guys positioning before any games are played. Guys will jockey for position in the draft once the season starts and we'll see what guys are made of, the incoming frosh, the high profiled returnees who had a chance to be drafted this year, as well as the risers and many others. It's a lil comical at times to see how some guys have such prophetic thoughts about some of these prospects.

I just think its the lockout thats causing increased talk about the 2012 mock and even the 2013 mock as well. There just isn't much to talk about now. There's no free agency, no trades, and the main killer: no SUMMER LEAGUE. We can't even enjoy watching these young guys in the summer league to see the unofficial pro debuts. These forums would be littered with threads about how Irving looks, and say if Jordan Hamilton was tearin up the Summer League, how he was a steal at 26, but nope. And we can't see the 2nd and 3rd year guys who usually come out and play in the summer league, like a Gordon Hayward and see how he's progressed. It's really depressing. Lockout, end!

toruk
toruk's picture
of course we will talk about the draft

this site is called nbaDRAFT.net. . we will speculate, guess and predict without a lot of information, that`s the main reason we are here, we want to talk, learn and see other points of view about the draft, and it`s players.because in the future we want to look back and say hey I always believed that this guy would be a good player and that this one would be a bust.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Thank. you.

Thank. you.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Yeah of course this is

Yeah of course this is nbadraft.net, but does there need to be a thread everyday about a player not being in a mock draft that projects 11 months away? Who really cares about the mock draft anyway, and why? It's incredibly pointless to ask why a player isn't in a mock for that far away, the season isn't even close to starting!

toruk
toruk's picture
you have a point.

yes it is pointless to make a thread everyday complaining why austin rivers aint the number one pick(example), nobody wants to see a flurry of threads like we had in the playoffs about russel westbrook, but if you have a solid case to believe that someone should be ranked higher or lower go ahead make a thread the worst you can get it`s a bunch on negatives.

rileymcshea3
rileymcshea3's picture
Rotnei Clark is gonna be

Rotnei Clark is gonna be another Jon Diebler

MCRIZZ
MCRIZZ's picture
Lockout

I agree with you but with the lockout this season, college ball and nba prospects will take the forefront...more than ever people will follow players in depth..this is only the beginning imo

JNixon
JNixon's picture
"Rotnei Clark is gonna be

"Rotnei Clark is gonna be another Jon Diebler"

Maybe if he was 6'6 210 like Diebler is, and not the 6'2 195 he is.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
Raise your hand if you had

Raise your hand if you had Derrick Williams,Jimmer Fredette,Kemba Walker & Bismack Biyombo in your Mock top 10 this time last year?

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
And raise your hand if you

And raise your hand if you had Josh Selby in your top 10 this time last year

DipoTime
DipoTime's picture
i agree that people shouldnt

i agree that people shouldnt freak out about positions of players, but if nobody ever paid attention to mocks this time of the year then nobody would have had selby in ther top ten. it can add excitement to the college season. players get watched and scrutinized based on preseason predictions. if you think player x is underrated you will watch them every game to prove people wrong. if someone is overrated you watch to see them fall. i personally love predicting how players will turn out i think its fun, especially when u predict it right :)

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Rudeboy I had Derrick

Rudeboy I had Derrick Williams and Kemba Walker in my top 10 last year. Actaully alot of people were very high on both players for a longtime...

RSS: Syndicate content