What's happened in The NBA off-season so far???
Sorry If it seems as if I've been locked away in TLI"s basement, but I need someone to fill me in on what's happened thus far in the off-season...
What I've heard so far is
Micheal Beasley, signed with The Suns, along with Goran Dragic and Eric Gordon(I think the Hornets can still match the offer though???or do they decline???)
The Celtics resigned KG and Bass, brought in Jason Terry and still want to resign Ray Allen???
Were Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik just stolen away by the Rockets??? Or did both teams match those poison pill deals???
Where are OJ Mayo and Lou Williams headed???
Who did the Altanta Hawks get for Joe Johnson??? Did they trade Marvin Williams for Devin Harris??? Is that a trade for both teams???
Did the Raptors get Lowry, Did the Lakers get Nash??? I've heard there's been a lot of movement...
Where are Chris Kaman, Anthony Randolph and Jordan Hill going??? Can anyone fill me in???
The Bulls have done absolutely squat. Disappointing but sadly not surprising.
Raptors got Lowry for almost nothing, and apparently have dropped their offer to Bayless.
I imagine Ray will stay in Boston, but they have a good plan B if he doesn't.
If NY wasn't blowing smoke they should match with Lin, but definately don't have to now.
Mayo to NY right?
And Dallas might have to hunt around on Craigs List to find some new players.
So you really haven't had much access to NBA news, huh?
Dwight Howard got traded to the Raptors for Bargnani and DeRozan
Deron Williams signed with the Blazers
Javale McGee is courting offers from the Supersonics
Jason Kidd is courting offers from the Syracuse Nationals
Lebron took up baseball in his pursuit to be Better Than MJ
Kendrick Perkins tweeted a raving review of Magic Mike
With inflated offer to Nicolas Batum.
That type of crap can crash computers...And I liked your Off-Season moves...I also heard John Bryant was signed by the Heat, can you say repeat, even if Lebron plays Baseball...Lol...
Just looked on NBA.com and learned a thing or two...
Free Agent Signings A-B
Lavoy Allen(resigns with 76ers, 2year/6million dollars)
Ray Allen looking at Miami, New York and LA Clippers, may also resign with Celtics
Ryan Anderson, Orlando has extended their Q.O to Anderson....
Omer Asiks signs a huge 3year deal with the Rockets, have the Bulls matched that offer???
Darrel Arthur and DJ Augustine get Q.O's from Their current Teams(Grizzlies and Bobcats) I would like the 76ers to look at both in free agency...
Brandon Bass agres to deal with Celtics
Nicolas Batum agrees to deal with T'Wolves(have or will the Blazers match their offer???)
Micheal Beasley agrees to 3 year/18 million dollar deal with The Suns(Now that the 76ers have used the Amnesty on Elton Brand maybe we try to out bid them at 3 years/24 million???)
Chauncey Billups to return to Clippers
Elton Brand Amestied by the 76ers (18.2 million cleared in salary cap)
Derrick Brown gets the Q.O from the Bobcats
Andrew Bynum has final year of his contract picked up by The Lakers (Team option)
Chase Budinger traded to The Timberwolves in a predraft trade...Wolves also sign Brandon Roy to a 2 year deal, Roy was Amnestied by the Portland Blazers last season after knee injuries threaten his career)
Okay let me break it down for you:
- Chase Budinger was traded to the Wolves for the 18th pick in the 2012 draft. The Rockets picked Terrence Jones with that pick.
- The Rockets then acquired the 12th pick from the Bucks by sending Dalembert and their 14th pick to Milwaukee for Jon Luer, Shaun Livingston and Jon Brockman. The Rockets picked Jeremy Lamb with the 12th pick. Milwaukee picked John Henson with the 14th pick and with the 16th pick Houston picked Royce White.
- The Rockets acquired all of these "assets" so they can offer an enticing trade to Orlando for Dwight. They put Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin, and Luis Scola on the block to sweeten the deal.
- Lowry was dealt to the Raptors for practically nothing. As in Gary Forbes and future 2013 pick (I believe top 3 protected)
- The Rockets then signed Jeremy Lin to an offer sheet. This offer sheet is poison pilled, so New York is thinking seriously about just letting him go cuz they are really worried about going over the salary cap. Now New York has 3 days to match this offer, but those 3 days don't start until July 11th when free agents can officially sign with other teams. (Yes, Houston really made all those moves, breathtaking isn't it?)
- Utah got involved in a 3-team trade with Dallas and LAC. Utah reaquired Mo Williams using the trade exception they acquired from the Nets as a part of the Memo deal in 2011. Odom went back to LA (the other team though) as a part of the deal, and Dallas well got squat. Tadija Dragicevic to be specific.
- You might have heard that Atlanta got a new GM, Danny Ferry and that should prepare you for what's about to come next. Atlanta sent Joe Johnson to the Nets for Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Jordan Williams and Deshawn Stevenson. Yes, the Nets sent practically half their team to get someone inorder to hope to entice Dwill to stay in Brooklyn. A lot to offer when considering that if they got Dwight he would have stayed for sure.
- Well its a good thing it worked. Dwill spurned Mavs and chose to stay in Brooklyn.
- Atlanta isn't done yet. They deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris. Yes, Utah gets two Williamses after sending one away in February of 2011. (Dwill) The Hawks rid themselves of two huge contracts in order to also set themselves up to acquire Dwight. There deal would be Jeff Teague and Al Horford as well as a draft pick or two of course.
- Goran Dragic couldn't a deal with Houston so he signed with Pheonix
- Eric Gordon also signs an offer sheet with the Suns. The Hornets do intend to match this offer though. (Of course that won't happen until around July 14th, because no player can sign with any team until July 11th as I already mentioned. Gordon pretty much threatened the Hornets not to match the offer though saying that if they do they will be faced with a similar situation as they were with CP3.
- Michael Beasley also signed with the Suns
- As if Dallas hasn't had enough bad news. After practically losing Odom, and Dwill spurning them, they get spurned yet again. J-Kidd was about to resign with the Mavs when at the last second signed with the Knicks instead. Now Dallas is going after Ramon Sessions.
- Phoenix sends Nash to the Lakers in a sign and trade deal. The Lakers absorbed Nash into their trade exception they acquired from the Odom deal last offseason.
- Philly amnestied Brand, resigned Hawes and let Lou Williams go too, and is now in trade talks with Portland and Minny. The deal involves sending Derrick Williams to Philly, Batum to the Wolves, and Iggy to Portland.
- Billups resigns with Clippers, they also sign Jamal Crawford. You may have already heard about Blake Griffen extending his deal with them. Still no word on whether or not CP3 intends to stay with the Clippers. Although I expect him to stay in LA.
- Brandon Roy returns to the NBA (Yeah) by signing a two year deal with the Wolves
- Roy Hibbert signed an offer sheet with Portland
Okay I think thats it. Yeah a lot has happened so far, and supposedly no player can sign with any team, just wait until that moratorium is lifted come July 11. Then we should have deals and signings flopping up all over the place as if we don't already!
- Nick Young signs with Philly after they amnestied Brand and let go of Lou Williams
- The Raptors let go of Jerryd Bayless. (I think they did this in order to provide room for Kyle Lowry and this next signing:)
- Landry Fields signs with Toronto.
- I just heard from Twitter that New York is in talks with Memphis to acqure OJ Mayo. Yes, twitter, some source that is. We'll see if that deal comes to frution later.
- Oh and Jason Terry signs with the Celtics just to further ruin the Mavs offseason.
Uhhhhhh. What link?
just be mindful of what you post, stuff like that looks like viruses, or even worst SPAM...we don't need that type of crap floating around the site, I suggest Mods keep a close eye on your account...
Are you pulling my leg? I think the problem is at your end, sir
i think hes talking about the .gif posted by the guy after you...except that wouldnt hurt your computer...