What's the best way of beating the Lakers?
Play small if you have the personnel. The Heat and Thunder have the personnel to do this. The Heat can start Lebron at PF and Bosh at C. Likewise, the Thunder can start KD at PF and Ibaka at C.
Of course, this can also backfire and the Lakers can punish both teams on the offensive glass or on the low post.
It is going to be interesting to see how these 3 teams play against each other in the upcoming season. 2 games between the Lakers and Heat are just not enough. They should make them play against each other at least 8 times.
its crazy i was just telling my friend this.
if the heat slow the pace down against the lakers LA got a better chance. we need to dictate the pace of the game to beat them
Attack Steve Nash on offense, make Dwight get his points at the line, play small like Miami did to stretch the floor, get out and run against them as Nash, gasol, and world peace is getting older and slower, make someone besides Kobe have to step up and score
On offense, attack nash and kobe with quickness.
On D, force midrange shots. Keep the ball out of Nash's hands and let Kobe isolate, or let Dwight put up shots from the post... then box the hell out of gasol and howard.
but again, this theory as far as the heat goes applies to any1else they are playing against, they are better off playing a faster pace, so is not saying much :/
true not just because they are slow, but also the Laker bench sucks so want to get them tired
smh Its not like they are unbeatable now. The heat are still the favorites. The way you attack the Lakers sucessfully will probably a combination of things.
1) Make Nash guard. The old man is still killin it in the league, but his lateral quickness is lacking, attack him NBA PG's!
2) Outside shooting will be a major key. Howard and Gasol can't really block 3 pointers. I ain't telling teams to chuck threes up, but get good guard penetration and kick out or play inside out. Teams like the Celtics and the Heat will clearly be able to do that.
3) Make them beat themselves. Force them to play an outside game. Howard and Gasol will be VERY tough to guard in the post. Id rather see MWP jumpshot then Howard dunks or Gasol midrange.
I think those are the keys to beating the lakers. But they are not unbeatable! I saw someone on draftexpress in a forum saying that the lakers will get 73 wins???? No they will not! Calm down fairweather fans
The Lakers are old and lazy they will probably be losing at haltime very often this year
RUN, RUN, RUN.....make the game wide open and up and down. Nash is 38, Kobe has over 50,000 minutes on his knees, MWP is past his prime and Howard is coming off back surgery....
Run? On a Steve Nash offense? That's probably what you DON'T want to do against Steve Nash.
Quite frankly, going small and spread the floor is the best shot to beat them but even then, they're still tough. Steve Nash, Kobe, and Dwight would excel in a fast-paced offense and if other teams slow it down, Kobe is the best 1on5 scorer in the league, tag that with a Nash-Dwight PnR or a Nash-Gasol PnP. It's pretty much pick your poison but they're going to be tough to beat.
I see this as "play the international game", it is basically what most people said already:
1. Have good strong ball handling guards, especially one with either speed or a post up game it makes Nash work on D
2. Make them shoot threes it is better than them giving it too howard in the post and its a harder shoot to make percentage wise
3. Hopefully you have a good shooting night yourself at the three point line and especially the free throw line
4. Be physical the bench is not great just good (Blake, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, Hill) if you get starters in foul trouble definitely helps your cause
5. Muck up the game try doing the hack a Howard at the end of quarters especially if you have a good offensive effiency them
IF all goes well with health and chemistry, the Lakers are going to be tough to beat.
A team like the Heat could go small and spread the floor, but that's going to kill them at the other end. You can't go small against Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol like you can against Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka. You're either going to get dominated in the low post and on the glass, or be in the penalty really quick. Fouling Howard will work when he's shooting free-throws, but what happens when you're in the penalty and Steve Nash/Kobe Bryant go to the line?
The best answer would be to push the ball and get out in transition at every opportunity. The Lakers are still old and they want to play at a slower pace. They want to play a half-court game and set up their defense, where Howard can do what he does and the Lakers can use their length to their advantage. It'd probably be smart to play at a faster pace against them because playing slow and in the half-court would be exactly what the Lakers want. IF the Heat or Thunder were to do this, they'd be dumb.
Defensively, you just have to defend them tough, double up here and there, while rotating quickly back out to shooters. Maybe throw a little zone in because other than Nash, I'm still not convinced the Lakers are a great three-point shooting team. Maybe you can add some pressure to make them speed up the tempo.
I think some nights it might just come down to if the Lakers are making shots or not.
an atheltic team that is displined *cough* OKC can beat the lakers.... will they?? if the lakers mesh and are healthy in the playoffs... i just dont see it happening... but u never know what will go down between now and may