What You Think the 2009 Draft Prospects NBA Comparisons Should Be

michaelds911
We know that T-Will is

We know that T-Will is nowhere near LeBron. He just has all of those skills but at a much lower level. A poor poor man's LBJ to be exact lol.

Slick
Are you stupid? Of course

Are you stupid? Of course he's not an exact duplication of LeBron James. If he was, he'd be touted as the #1 over all pick. Like michaelds911posted, he's a poor mans James.

If you are taking all comparisons literally then you aren't trying.

What are you alphamale310? 12?

alphamale310
alphamale310's picture
am i stupid?

am i stupid? am i 12? stay classy Slick. isnt the point of these comparisons to find a player who we feel each prospect will duplicate? is Lebron really the closest thing to what you feel Terrence Williams will become in the NBA? this is where i call you a name, insult your intelligence, or tell you not to post anymore. but i wont. you're comparisons speak for themselves. as do mine.

Slick
You didn't make any

You didn't make any comparisons hot shot. You asked what everyone else’s were and then copied the ones you liked. Let’s look at the definition of the word comparison because I don't think you have a clue as to what it means:

1. the act of comparing.
2. the state of being compared.
3. a likening; illustration by similitude; comparative estimate or statement.
4. Rhetoric. the considering of two things with regard to some characteristic that is common to both, as the likening of a hero to a lion in courage.
5. capability of being compared or likened.
6. Grammar. a. the function of an adverb or adjective that is used to indicate degrees of superiority or inferiority in quality, quantity, or intensity.
b. the patterns of formation involved therein.
c. the degrees of a particular word, displayed in a fixed order, as mild, milder, mildest, less mild, least mild.

I'd especially like to single out point #4.

What enforces your total lack of understanding is your use in the post above of the words comparison and duplicate in the same sentence, two words that mean totally different things.

Now, on to the definition of duplicate:

1. a copy exactly like an original.
2. anything corresponding in all respects to something else.
3. Cards. a duplicate game.

–verb (used with object) 4. to make an exact copy of.
5. to do or perform again; repeat: He duplicated his father's way of standing with his hands in his pockets.
6. to double; make twofold.

So which did the thread ask for? Is it called What You Think the 2009 Draft Prospects NBA Comparisons Should Be or is it called Who You Think the 2009 Draft Prospects NBA Duplicate?

Sit back, take a while, and think that over before you start running your mouth.

Class over.

joecheck88
joecheck88's picture
i agree with alphamale,

i agree with alphamale, twill to lbj r u serious, if u want a similar skill set sat tracy mcgrady, athletic with the ability to pass score and rebound, fan favorite but cant get out of the first round of the first playoffs. dont compare him to somone capable of taking a team to the nba finals. and mcgrady would still be a horrible comparison. maybe a ronnie brewer or a richard jefferson at best. someone compared griffin with kris humphries, how? similar bodies but griffin is more athletic, a harder worker, and there is a reason he is thought to be a #1 pick. because he dominated college for 2 years. humphries played one year against weaker competition. i like most comparisons except i think everyone is comparing guys at a best case scenario. why not do best/worst case scenario? ex. blake griffin amare stoudemire/kenyon martin t williams richard jefferson/ronnie brewer ricky rubio steve nash/sergio rodriguez hasheem thabeet dikembe mutombo/joel pryzbilla

joecheck88
joecheck88's picture
i agree with alphamale,

i agree with alphamale, twill to lbj r u serious, if u want a similar skill set sat tracy mcgrady, athletic with the ability to pass score and rebound, fan favorite but cant get out of the first round of the first playoffs. dont compare him to somone capable of taking a team to the nba finals. and mcgrady would still be a horrible comparison. maybe a ronnie brewer or a richard jefferson at best. someone compared griffin with kris humphries, how? similar bodies but griffin is more athletic, a harder worker, and there is a reason he is thought to be a #1 pick. because he dominated college for 2 years. humphries played one year against weaker competition. i like most comparisons except i think everyone is comparing guys at a best case scenario. why not do best/worst case scenario? ex. blake griffin amare stoudemire/kenyon martin t williams richard jefferson/ronnie brewer ricky rubio steve nash/sergio rodriguez hasheem thabeet dikembe mutombo/joel pryzbilla

alphamale310
alphamale310's picture
slick

i began this topic. we had a nice discussion going and then another member started the same topic again and continued the discussion. you should know that since you commented there. sure i used some comparisons of other guys. if they have great comparisons why wouldnt i agree with them and give them credit. my terrence williams comparison has been and will continue to be Ronnie Brewer. believe it or not, i came up with that all by myself. you know your comparisons are horrible, everyone here is telling you so. you can stare at the dictionary until you know the definition of every word, but your comparison is still bad. i dont mean to insult anyone, but your comparisons miss the mark. usually i can see where guys are coming from, but with yours i just cant. i guess i've got to agree to disagree. as for your definitions, technically you're absolutely correct. but technically one could "compare" Shaquille Oneal and Danny DeVito. the idea here is to find comparisons that are as close as possible to duplications. we could compare anything or anyone, but thats not the idea here. you know that, yet you're trying to turn this into some sort of grammar course. maybe you should be angry with me and blackflash for using the word comparison in the original topic? strangely, however, everyone else seems to understand. btw its "class dismissed". i'm just saying.

Al-Farouq Aminu
Al-Farouq Aminu's picture
Freaking "slick" is

Freaking "slick" is comparing James Johnson to Ryan Gomes,
and Jeff Teague to Mike Jame ????

what da fo ?

TONYDABOSS77
TONYDABOSS77's picture
Blake Griffin-Amare

Blake Griffin-Amare Stoudimire/Shawn Kemp
Ricky Rubio- jason kidd
Hasheem Thabeet-Samuel Dalembert
Jordan Hil-Jermaine O'neal
James Harden-Paul Pierce/Brandon Roy
Brandon Jennings-Russell Westbrook/Allen Iverson
Demar Derozen-Vince Carter
Earl Clark-Lamar Odom
Gerald Henderson-finley
Johnny Flynn-Devin Harris/Deron Williams
Wayne Ellington-Daquean Cook
Chase Budinger-Rudy Fernandez
James Johnson-Ryan Gomes
Eric Maynor-Mike James
Ty Lawson-Raymond Felton
Stephen Curry-Mike Bibby,gilbert arenas
Tyreke Evans-penny hardaway/Baron Davis
Patrick Patterson-kenyon martin
Jeff Teague-Monta Ellis/Kevin Johnson,gilbert arenas
BJ Mullens-pau gasol
DeJuan Blair/Paul Millsap
Patrick Mills/N/A
Gani Lawal/N/A
Sam Young-James Posey
Terrence Williams-Andre Iguodala
Omri Casspi-N/A
Damion James-Leon Powe
Tyler Hansberough-Luis Scola/Udonis Haslem
DaJuan Summers-N/A
Jeff Pendergraph-N/A

QHaynes123
my comparisons

1st off..read mock draft 3.5 please

Griffin- Shawn Kemp Rubio- Jason Kidd Thabeet- Mutumbo Hill-Bosh Harden- Pierce

Jennings-Iverson DeRozan- Carter Clark-Odom Henderson-Dennis Johnson Flynn- faster Tj ford

KevinDurantRocks
Austin Daye

Can be way better then bosh.

D-Rose1
D-Rose1's picture
T-WIll

Im with Slick on this one. These are comparisons to how they play, not duplications. I am the biggest Louisville fan on the planet and T-Will has been my favorite Cardinal since he arrived on campus and kissed the Cardinal bird in the middle of Freedom Hall. I have watched almost every game he's played and since his soph. year i have been calling him a poor man's Lebron James. No he is not nearly, nor ever will, be as good as Lebron James but the way he plays/acts is very similar. T-WIll did it all for Louisville. He is one of the only players in Louisville history to be in the top 10 career stats of almost every single statistic. He has question marks on his shot like lebron did but is improving. His ball handling isnt great but improving as well. He is big and one of the most ripped players in the draft. He passes like a guard and rebounds like a center. I believe his career high for assists in a game at Louisville was around 14 or 15 and his career high for rebounds was 16 or 17. He does it all and is a complete package just like Lebron. T-Will obviously wont do it to the same extent in the NBA but the comparison is very understandable. Also, Lebron laughs and likes to have fun on the court. If you watched Louisville games last year you would know that T-Will is very personable and is constantly having fun on the court.

Also, just to connect Lebron and T-Will some more.....T-Will through the chalk up in the air, just like Lebron does, in his last game at Freedom Hall.

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
griffin = rich man's amare.

griffin = rich man's amare. why? bcuz he is a better rebounder and defender than amare and amare did not learn to shoot until after the injury so griffin can learn in the NBA.

Tash226
Here's Mine..

Blake Griffin - I like the Shawn Kemp comparison
Ricky Rubio - N/A - haven't seen enough of him to make a valid comparison
Hasheem Thabeet - Dikembe Mutombo, easily best big defender in the draft.
Jordan Hill - Brandon Wright
James Harden - Francisco Garcia
Brandon Jennings - Jamal Crawford
Demar Derozen - Vince Carter
Earl Clark - Rashard Lewis
Gerald Henderson - Jason Richardson
Johnny Flynn - Nate Robinson
Wayne Ellington - Brandon Roy
Chase Budinger - Gerald Wallace
James Johnson - Darrel Arthur
Eric Maynor - Acie Law, IV
Ty Lawson - Devin Harris
Stephen Curry - JJ Reddick
Tyreke Evans - Joe Johnson
Jeff Teague - Monta Ellis
BJ Mullens - Joel Pryzbilla
DeJuan Blair - Paul Millsap
Sam Young - James White
Terrence Williams - Andre Iguodola (Love this comparison)
Tyler Hansborough - Chuck Hayes
Jrue Holiday - Russell Westbrook (boom)/ Joseph Forte (bust)
Taj Gibson - Thaddeus Young

Pureshooter
Pureshooter's picture
I've seen some strange

I've seen some strange comparisons, but some that I like about the players I actually know something about:

Rubio/Kidd

Similar speed and height at the PG spot with incredible passing abilities, but lacking offensively.

Teague/Kevin Johnson

I really like this one. Similar size, but able to finish strong at the rim over big men.

Hansbrough/Chuck Hayes

Really, there are plenty of guys that Hansbrough is like. Any big forward who likes to bang, get boards, and amaze you with an occasional open jumper could fit here.

Stephen Curry/Mike Bibby

Similar size, average athleticism at the guard position, but able to create because the defender has to guard them so closely due to their shooting abilities.

Derozan/Richard Jefferson

I just can't throw around a Vince Carter comparison. Also, Jefferson's build seems closer to Derozan's.

stratdogg
Here is the real comparisons list!

blake griffin = shawn kemp (most of ya got that one right!)
hasheem thabeet = a faster manute bol on his best day
james harden = poor mans brandon roy
tyreke evans = poor mans clyde drexler
ricky rubio = very very poor mans pistol pete
jonny flynn = a six foot tall baron davis
stephen curry = a quicker steve blake
jordan hill = slightly more skilled ronny turiaf
demar derozan = shannon brown
brandon jennings = allen iverson with better passing and rebounding instincts (best player in this draft)
terrence williams = another poor mans clyde drexler
gerald henderson = his father
tyler hansbrough = buck williams
earl clark = lamar odom without the swagger
austin daye = channing frye
james johnson = the rookie year danny granger
jrue holliday = jerryd bayless
ty lawson = a faster, quicker, and stronger! rod strickland
jeff teague = hardest comparison of em all......robert pack
eric maynor = sebastian telfair
darren collison = poor mans rajon rondo
victor claver = andres nocioni
omri casspi = also andres nocioni
b.j. mullens = a 7 foot tall joe alexander
rodrique beaubois = nobody.... he is a unique player
taj gibson = anthony randolph
demarre carroll = the rookie year trevor ariza
wayne ellington = ronald 'flip' murray
toney douglas = poor mans ben gordon
christian eyenga = nicolas batum

That was the entire first round. Now I will list a few random second round guys in no specific order.

dejuan blair = nobody...he is one of a kind with his rebounding and passing skills....considering his lack of mobility
sam young = trenton hassell
chase budinger = a 6'7" bob sura
patty mills = aaron brooks

There ya go. There is a very thought out list from a basketball mastermind!

RSS: Syndicate content