What if fab five of 2012

The White Mamba
What if fab five of 2012

I was watching the Fab Five show the other day and i thought what if something like that happened this year what would the team look like. This is mine.

PG: Marquis Teague, Would be the Sparkplug leading the fast break for this Athletic team.

SG: Austin Rivers, Ice cold in late game situations and can create his own shot.

SF: Quincy Miller, Athletic and has decent perimeter skills.

PF: James McAdoo, Strong, Athletic and has nice touch. Perfect fit for this team.

C: Anthony Davis, Will be a BEAST on D and would do great in a fast tempo system like this.

Lets see everyone else's new fab five.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Well.....

Let's be honest, the Fab 5 had 4 guys who were ranked top 10 by most scouting services, and than Ray Jackson who was in the 80's. But, if you want the 5 best players, and I can move Anthony Davis to Center, than I would take your 5 guys except have Quincy Miller at 4 and than Mike Gilchrist at the 3. It would be a thin front court, but who in the heck is keeping up with that team? Also, if I could move Rivers to the 1, and than have Gilchrist as a 2, than I think that Davis, McAdoo, Miller, Gilchrist and Rivers are the 5 best prospects coming into college. Bradley Beal would just finish 6th, than from there things get tricky.

sideburn2go
sideburn2go's picture
Mine

PG: Tony Wroten

SG: Austin Rivers

SF: Mike Gilchrist

PF: Quincy Miller

C: Anthony Davis

I only change two players from your fab five but I think you would be able to get away with playing a little smaller at the 4 with Davis patrolling the paint and I really like Gilchrist offensively and defensively, plus hes a good team player and would be an asset late in games. I also love Wroten's game and I think he is going to be the best PG in this class when all is said and done... He's got unbelievable floor vision and is gonna be a great distributor.

MagikKnick
MagikKnick's picture
PG: Kabongo SG: Rivers SF:

PG: Kabongo
SG: Rivers
SF: Gilchrist
PF: McAdoo
C: Davis

The White Mamba
I completly forgot about

I completly forgot about Gilchrist lol. With his athleticism it would really push this team over the edge and no single team in college basketball could keep up with them.

Hale
Hale's picture
I have to agree with

I have to agree with sideburn2go. I don't think Kabongo or Teague could guard Wroten, plus he has as good of vision if not better.

Hale
Hale's picture
PG Wroten-has the ability of

PG Wroten-has the ability of any other pg in the class but the size to defend 2 and maybe even college 3's, would be great in an electric offense like this would be

SG Rivers-Not a huge fan, but perfect compliment to Wroten, if he can run off screens well he would be dynamic with Wroten, can create on his own when I need more offense

SF Gilchrist-Slasher and versatile defender who will bring heart and more passing ability, plus great rebounding

PF Miller-Stretch 4 who score in a variety of ways, brings great length as well

C Davis-can protect the paint and rebound, will get plenty of 1 on 1 matchups with Miller drawing out the other big, perfect 5 man for an up-tempo offense

RSS: Syndicate content