The West 2009-2010 season

knicksfan7
The West 2009-2010 season

The West so far in free agency has been very active, and as of now I can see the playoff picture looking something like this.

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Blazers
4. Nuggets
5. Mavericks
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Is up for grabs

Teams who have a shot
Suns (if they don't blow up the team)
Warriors (if they get a 1 year rental for Amare or Chris Bosh)
Grizzlies (If they get AI)
Clippers (They have a core intact, and if Blake Griffin has a la Derrick Rosh Rookie Year it's possible)

Teams who will be in the Lottery
Kings (Rebuilding)
T'Wolves( Rebuilding)
Thunder (1 season away from making noise)
Rockets (T-mac injured, Yao possibly done for career, Artest in LA, no #1 option)

Ready to hear all of your comments.

JordanC20
I think Golden State

I think Golden State will slide into the 8th spot

I think they got their missing piece in Stephen Curry

fowlkes24

1. lakers
2.spurs
3.blazers
4.nuggets
5.mavs
6. Jazz
7.Hornets
8. warriors

Thunder, clippers, suns, grizzlies all competing

bflaa2
bflaa2's picture
NO

Golden State- No Defense no inside presence with current roster. J Hill would have been an athletic big man there but Steph will be fine there too.

Suns-I think this will be there last year being a playoff team.

Grizzlies-Not quite yet, I dont see Thabeet making a big enough difference YET!!!!!!

Clippers-OMG will make a big turn around and battle the Suns....mark my words.

knicksfan7
good points

You both have good points. I think GSW get the 8 seed if they get either Bosh or Amare. The Suns don't end up competing if they get rid of Amare. The Thunder I think they'll go on a tear early like the Blazers did a couple of years ago, but miss the playoffs and the last 20 games they won't be real contenders for that 8th seed.

fowlkes24
biendrens is a decent

biendrens is a decent defender, and so is turiaf

knicksfan7
bflaa2

If the Suns trade Amare to GSW, then the Suns are done and GSW will likely get the 8 seed. I definitely agree with you on the Clippers turning it around, but they will prob just miss the playoffs. The Grizzlies are rumored to get AI if they get AI they have a good starting 5 and Thabeet will just need to dominate the defensive end. If Amare or Bosh doesn't go to GSW then I am taking the Suns, but AI to the Grizzlies is going to be a really interesting pick.

gatorheels
gatorheels's picture
The Warriors dont even need

The Warriors dont even need Amare.....they will make the playoffs regardless. I will almost guarantee it. Curry will help immediately. Ellis is due for a big year. Biedrins & Turiaf are both descent Centers. Brandan Wright should contribute a lot more. Dont forget about Stephen Jackson & Maggette...they both are real good players. Plus of course my favorites..Anthony Randolph & Morrow...they are going to go off this year. I think Golden State will be the 7th seed.

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
LOL

man, just a couple weeks ago Rockets would've been top 4 for sure... *sigh* now bottom dwellers

bluedevils12
nice but...

i really like the clippers to get the 8th seed in the west. I feel that blake griffin is a good asset and will have a nice season but i really feel al thornton and eric gordon are really poised 4 a breakout season. i think both of these guys wil be averaging around 18 each. Griffin will be a stud on the boards and i dont think its far fetched 2 believe he will average double figures in rebounds.

RSS: Syndicate content