Wesley Witherspoon- Next High Riser in 2011 NBA Draft.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Wesley Witherspoon- Next High Riser in 2011 NBA Draft.

Last year, Wesley Johnson and Ekpe Udoh went from guys who were barely known to top 10 picks.

This year? My Bet is another Wesley- Wesley Witherspoon from Memphis.

Why you ask? Next season is the year alot of scouts will keep thier eyes on Memphis and when viewing freshman Joe Jackson, Jelan Kendrick and Will Barton- They will see a Paul George clone in Witherspoon. Not only has this 6-9 wing improved from freshman to sophomore season but he also has solid 3 point range ( 48 as a Fsh and 46 as a soph)

As Memphis' starting 3 man, I could see him posting numbers close to 17ppg, 7rpg and 3 apg. I think he's the next big name we will be talking about as a top 10 pick

Thoughts on Witherspoon?

TaylorCondrin
TaylorCondrin's picture
hes big and versatile and i

hes big and versatile and i agree with you i think witherspoon will be a lottery pick next year

6'9'' 210 can shoot, handle the rock, and score

AnotherScout
lottery pick? yal arent

lottery pick? yal arent serious..hes too skinny, he needs to add muscle..he didnt do anything with a depleted memphis team last year so wat makes u think this year will be any different with more people scoring..late 1st/early 2nd at best

TONYDABOSS77
TONYDABOSS77's picture
. . .

Does He Play Defense ?

Tyreke Johnson
Tyreke Johnson's picture
Seen his name thrown around

Seen his name thrown around here or there, checked him out and I can not speak highly enough about him, he can be a lottery type talent next season I agree with you completely. I like Paul George as a player and somewhat as a prospect but by far Witherspoon is more talented and a better prospect, can shoot, score in a variety of ways, great at getting to the free throw line and is an underrated passer.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Solid Defender. Could defend

Solid Defender. Could defend 2's and 3's.

Also, Scout- A depleted team he posted 12 and 4 with 46% 3 shooting as a second option to Elliot Williams. He wasn't a scrub.

CelticJayhawk
No point in repeated what

No point in repeated what everyone else is saying, but yeah, he'll be a borderline lotto selection in 2011..top 20 lock.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
Yeah i have to agree with u

Yeah i have to agree with u about Witherspoon..He could've been a late 1st round or early 2nd rounder this year..But many people have questioned his maturity..But he showed he has grownup..By returning to school in hopes of improving his stock....

the I in win
the I in win's picture
Can he play strong? Their

Can he play strong? Their are some skinny guys that play big, if he is one of those then he could be really good.

goodsonthe
He plays GREAT defense... and

He plays GREAT defense... and I've played against him in High School... the guy is silky smooth. Reminds me of Corey Brewer, less explosiveness and more handles..

scoutguru
AnotherScout, what about

AnotherScout, what about Gordon Hayward? What makes him any more of a prospect then Witherspoon? But I'm very high on Wesley. Has really made strides in his two years, has a pretty stroke, good run and jump athlete. Long versatile defender, who can guard 3 positions at the next level. Has some playmaking ability also, and very comfortable dribbling, and can make moves off the dribble. Just needs to become more consistent and develop a go to move offensively, cuz he has the talent, but sometimes just doesn't know how to use it to his advantage sometimes. Scouts will def be watching this guy this year, on a team of a lot of "name" guys coming in. He def can be a lottery pick next year if he shows improvement and Memphis wins a lot of games, which we all expect to happen. And its not like there's a wild amount of prospects who's guaranteed to be better than him when u think of 2011 prospects, so I like his chances. If not, he always has his senior year in his back pocket, no need to rush into things.

RSS: Syndicate content