Just hours before the playoffs start, I wanted to get my 3rd mock out there. I added two trades and also comments on practically every pick. Enjoy
In case the trades are missed here they are:
- Minny trades the first pick to Sacramento for the 5th pick and a 2012 pick (lottery protected)
- Minny trades the 20th pick and Flynn to the Hornets for Belinelli and a 2012 pick (unprotected)
New Orleans isn't gonna give up a unprotected pick for Jonny Flynn and a mid 1st round pick. Be real now.
Okay maybe not unprotected but top 20 protected instead.
Minny trades Flynn and 20th pick to the Hornets for Belinelli and a 2012 pick (top 20 protected)
That's more like it. Flynn's value has dropped alot since he was drafted. He's a backup point guard like I said on draft day, never thought he was gonna be good, simply because I saw all his college games live
i don't like people predicting trades, trying to set up a mock is hard enough, and the trades are absolutely unpredictable. Look at the Boston draft day deal, Ray Allen for Jeff Green outta nowhere. And plus towards the end of the 1st round there is a flurry of trades every year, so you putting Minn the only team making deals is unrealistic
I know there will be a lot of trades and certainly more than just 2, but I know that the smart thing for Minny to do is draft Irving with their first but knowing Kahn he won't because Rubio is coming over and apparently he will "save" their franchise. Neither Kanter or Vesely would make sense as the first pick, so that is why I have that trade included. I also know that if Rubio is coming over and the Wolves already have Ridnour, who is a great backup PG to me, they have no reason to have Flynn. So Wolves need to trade him; the 20th pick is a little to soon for any of the SG's available in this draft, so a trade involving Flynn and the 20th pick for a veteran shooting guard is certainly possible. I know its to hard to predict all of the draft day trades, and I'm not even gonna try but I just have a hunch that these two will happen, so I included them. There will most definitely be more but these two are my own predictions.
But what about the mock, not one person has commented on the mock just the trades. Enough about the trades and lets what you think of the mock.
i didn't even look at the mock, the trades ruined the experience for me
I am not going to say you are wrong or that I am right but these are a couple things i have trouble with in your mock:
-Washington draftin Motie who is a pf/c when they have Rashard for 2 more years and Blatche for 4 more years as their highest paid players. Both Blatche and Rashard can also play sf but they will both probably be starters and Motie won't get much time, but if he stays in Europe until Lewis' contract is up this would be a good choice, but I don't think the Wiz can play it slow and wait for help.. Some immediate help at the sg/sf position would be nice.
-Another logjam trade if Minny takes Vesely. Beasley, Johnson, and Webster all play time at sf while Love and Beasley play pf. I wouldn't see Vesely getting much time here and would be better if they took a sg or a center. I think a better trade would be the top pick to Toronto for their pick and a future pick . This way the Raps can get their future pg and Minny can draft Kanter for less money and get a future pick.
-I don't like Detroit taking a guard with their first pick as they have no size down low other than Monroe and they have many guards who deserve starter's minutes. With Kemba, they would have Kemba, Stuckey, Gordon, and Hamilton as a 4 guard rotation. It looks good but it may not be good as a couple of guys wont get the minutes they want. This will work if Detroit can get rid of Hamilton for some big men, but as the roster stands now, I see them wanting a bigman like Jonas and starting twin towers of Jonas and Monroe would be pretty sweet Stuckey, Hamilton, and Jerebko beside them.. Very good defensive team with Gordon coming off the bench as fire power.
Donatas Motiejunas never played with Jonas Valanciunas.
Also, I don't like all the predicted trades (although they always happen) and your comparisons are far too generous. Jeremy Tyler cannot replace Tim Duncan. Jordan Williams cannot replace Kevin Garnett. Nikola Morotic cannot replace Dirk Nowitzki.
Other than that, it was solid.
-Crawford is doing very well as the Wizards starting SG so I don't think the Wizards would ruin the progress that Crawford has already made. Also I've heard reports the the Wizards would like to get rid of Blatche because of his attitude so I think a combo of Montie and McGee would be very nice, and I do think he will come over immediately which is just what the Wizards need
-The Raptors desperately need a Center, they've been needing one for awhile. One possible solution is to trade Bargs for a Center and then draft a SF but Vesely to me is more of a PF because of his ridicoulous length and not so great ball handling skills. Yet the Raptors are loaded at the 4 so Vesely is definitely not going there. With Barnes suspected to return there are pretty much no SF's going top 3, unless you want me to put Jones or Leonard in the top 3....didn't think so. I've heard that the Wolves would like to try Love at Center. I don't like it and I think its dumb and I would try and get Kanter but knowing Kahn he would do the stupid thing and get Vesely instead. The lineup would be this Rubio, Belinelli, Beasley, Vesely, Love. I know Kanter fits better but again Kahn does not what he is doing as a GM so this is trade that I think he makes. Besides the Kings need Irving very badly.
-I feel Detroit will either get rid Prince or Rip. Rip was struggling all year and you could tell wanted out and so does T-mac so I think the Pistons get rid of both of them. I had Jonas there for awhile but then when I heard that he has buy out problems so he would have to stay overseas first, I thought that the Pistons would pick someone else because they need a Center now. So I think the Pistons will trade Tmac and Rip for a Center and another backup. So that is why I have Kemba going to the Pistons.
It's not "Montie" it's "Motie".
Please stop calling him "Montie", it's been driving me crazy.
Mistake that I made, thinking that because both Motie and Jonas were from Lithuania they played together. What an idiot I am for saying that. The change will quickly be made.
- With Washington, of course they want to get rid of Rashard and/or Blatche, but it is not always their choice. Blatche has lots of talent just no brains while Rashard can still play. Crawford is a good piece but he may be better as a 6th man where he can come in and just get buckets. Wizards have no true small forward or another shooting guard while they have a handful of guys for the pf/c position, with most of them being young with potential. I'd like them to go small forward with Williams or Vesely (Williams will probably be gone before their pick if they don't get atleast top 3). Vesely would be nice as he is another athletic piece for the team that can bring some defence to the sf position. Terrence Jones might also be a pick if he shoots of draft boards after good workouts and measurements(maybe). There really is no shooting guard worth taking that high except maybe Burks.
- Raptors can either go pg, sf, or c in the draft as they are set at sg with Derozan and pf with Bargnani/Davis/Johnson. With the first pick they would easily take Irving for their pg of the future and hopefully get rid of Calderon then as he would be a good backup but gets paid to much for that. Kanter would be nice because he is a true center and would bring some low post defence, hopefully. Small forward isn't a big issue as James Johnson looks pretty nice there right now and he was a very good college player and is now showing what he can do when he has some time to play. Also, Weems will probably be resigned as a backup wingman and we still have Kleiza :(
- Minnesota with a starting lineup of Rubio, Bellinelli, Beasley, Vesely, and Love would be absoultely horrible at defense. Still think Minny needs a center and of course a shooting guard but there isnt many options for those up at the top so trading down would be a good idea. I still don't believe Rubio is coming over so I have them taking Irving if they have the option, if they can't get him I'd say Kanter or trading down..
- Prince and McGrady are FA's so you don't have to worry about trading them. Of course they would like to trade Hamilton but there are not many takers out there for him because of his age and large contract. And if they do find a trade for Rip, I don't see them getting equal value in return. And if Detroit were to take a pg, I think they would look for a bigger pg and more of a pass first pg than Kemba as Stuckey and Gordon are both ball dominant and Gordon is undersized as a shooting guard as it is. I still thnk they go center. They may also trade this pick with one of their crappy contracts to save some money..
in your mock draft you kept saying nolan smith is from chapel hill and that the bobcats will draft him because he played in jordan's backyard (north carolina)...but nolan smith went to DUKE not north carolina.
New Orleans doesn't have that 1st either, Portland traded it to Charlotte for Crash (after getting it for Bayless originally. Someone mentioned it a couple days back, apparently Aran has it noted for next update.
Too early for a mock for me. Draft order isn’t even set, not everyone has declared/made decisions about next year yet. That being said, I’ve got a couple things in mind. First, half the sentences in your descriptions don’t even make sense. Second, what’s this big trade between the Magic and Clips you’re throwing out there? You really think the Magic are just going to trade away Dwight after all they’ve invested in him and how much he means to that franchise. Now for the picks… what happened to the 59th pick, you didn’t even send anyone to San Antonio. At 31 you have Selby to the Heat and claim they desperately need a PG. Well yeah they do, but it’s not Selby. The knock on him is that he isn’t a point, it’s why he should have stayed in school. Miami needs someone like E. Maynor or D. Fisher or A. Miller to run the point. A guy who doesn’t need the ball, but can play a little and knock down shots. I think Faried and Singleton will go higher than where you have them, not by much, but a little higher.
Your overall mock draft is very good as usual but predicting trades is unecessary.
I have Xavier Rabaseda with the 59th pick, but for some reason his picture won't show up and I can't even comment on it so that's why the 59th pick is blank.