Wardb12's mock 2.0 (revised)
Well my first second version of my mock didn't work out too well so I had to revise it drastically. Hopefully this is better. (just click on the link to the left to evaluate)
A few comments on why I think Perry Jones will go so high, why Kyrie falls to 5th and why Doron Lamb will declare:
- The Wolves are interesting because of their GM David Kahn. They should pick Kyrie Irving, but I have heard reports that Rubio is coming over next year, and Kahn still thinks highly of him. Again even if he is coming over next year, I would still pick Irving and trade Rubio's rights, but this is Kahn we are talking about, he loves Rubio and will not touch Kryie or Kemba no matter how talented they might be. He also likes Darko way to much, so because of this he would not pick Kanter either. Perry is high risk/high reward pick that does not belong in the top 3 but because Kahn is crazy he will. (And Perry will the 4 in the NBA, I don't why so many people here keep thinking he will play the 3.)
- The Raptors are already developing a young PG in Jerryd Bayless. He just scored 23 points and 8 assists two times in a row!!! I think they will continue developing him and soon have him start over Calderon (If Calderon is not traded beforehand) Why would they stunt Bayless' development by selecting Kyrie? Makes no sense to me.
- We all know that the Cavs would be much better by not selecting Kyrie #1 overall so that is self explanatory.
- The Wizards would not select Kyrie either because they already have John Wall. So that leaves Kyrie to slip to the 5th pick. Not because he got hurt this year or only played 8 games or because I am not impressed by him simply because of team need.
- I think Doron Lamb will declare this year, here's one reason why: I noticed a trend with most of the Kentucky freshman, they always seem to declare early even when I originally did not they would be one and dones'. (Do the names Eric Bledsoe and Daniel Orton ring a bell?) This is why I think Brandon Knight, Terrance Jones, and Doron Lamb will all declare this year even though they should all probably stay another year.
I disagree with almost everything you just said.
Youve gotta be kidding me. So Toronto just passes up on th consensus #1 overall pick. They will pick BPA like they did last year when Davis slipped to them.
I like how he said Bayless put up 23 and 8 teo times in a row!! lol. Even Anthony Randolph throws together 2 good games in a row once in awhile. Bayless is good but Kyrie would be a better PG from day 1.
Toronto would pass up Irving at number 4? What? Bayless is good, but hes not going to be a superstar and they can get rid of Calderon. And why would the Wolves pick Jones when they have Love, Randolph, Tolliver, Beasley, Pekovic, Webster and Johnson who all play the 3 and 4 positions. Plus, Doron Lamb won't enter the draft just because Kentucky fresman have a tendency to enter early.
Im not too sure if Irving will be as good as Jerryd from day 1. I do know for sure that Jerryd is better suited as a small SG, isntant offense off the bench. I do know that Barbosa makes a very good trade piece with his expiring contract and good offensive play, and Bayless could easily fill his role. One way or another you dont select Vesely over Irving, you just dont no matter what, I dont care if you have a team with John Wall, Derrick Rose, and Russell Wetsbrook you still draft Kyrie.
I am saying Irving would be better at the 1 from the day he gets drafted. Bayless is a better player right now but I don't feel he is a better PG. I want Bayless coming off my bench Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford style.
Yes, they shouldn't draft the best overall prospect in the draft because it might stunt the growth of Jerryd Bayless...
Instead they should draft a power forward and stunt the growth of Eddie Davis, Amir Johnson and Andrea Bargnani.
wardb ur are such a biatch, everyone calls out ur mock and ur like oh my gosh, no one likes me, i gotta change this quick....stick by ur convictions
Another joke of a mock draft. If you dont have Kyrie going in the top 3 then dont even make a mock.
I am sticking by some of them. If you noticed I did not change my lottery one bit. Most of the changed picks were later on.
So everyone tells me how wrong I am with Kyrie going top 5, figures. Yeah I guess I'll change that, it would be better to see Bayless as a 6th man instead of Barbosa.
I still think Minny will draft Perry because it just doesn't make sense for Kahn to give up on Rubio when he loves him so much. He should trade his draft rights but he won't. I know he won't. And he still loves Darko to much so drafting Kanter does not make much sense either (too him) What else do you have you left? Either this pick will be traded or Minny takes a risk and drafts Perry.
But what about the rest of the mock? I don't want to just hear a bunch of comments on Kyrie.