Wade undecided about playing in Fiba 2012

Mr.BigShot

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
Wonder what.....

The roster will look like. I mean, I can sort of understand why he would be undecided, these guys have been killing themselves all year, than they have to cut their off-season to kill themselves some more. If the lockout takes out the season, I see little excuse not to play, but if D-Wade is playing his usual NBA schedule, than I would be cool with him taking a break. I think he was arguably the MVP, or at least a major spark plug during the 2008 Olympic games. He killed it in the Gold Medal game, and his defense was off the hook. Would love to see him on the team, as he is indeed a player that separates the US from the rest of the world, but I could see why he might not be sure about playing in 2012.

Anyone remember EuropeanBaller's guarantee that the US would NOT win last summer? That he refuses to face up to and instead continues to just call everyone racists? Well, I think 2012 will be tough, International Basketball is no cake walk, and I want the USA to have its best possible team on the court. I remember we were all thinking about what Team USA would look like in 2012.

This is my ultimate Team USA:

PG Derrick Rose

PG Chris Paul

PG Deron Williams

SG Kobe Bryant

SG Dwyane Wade

SG Eric Gordon

SF LeBron James

SF Kevin Durant

SF Carmelo Anthony

PF Blake Griffin

PF Amare Stoudemire

C Dwight Howard

I really liked how Gordon played last year (2010 World's), and think he is a prime shooter as far as the International Game is concerned. However, I could see a team without LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade. Also, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard could all be Free Agents that summer. Team USA may indeed be without those 6 players, and if that is the case, here is what could happen:

PG Derrick Rose

PG John Wall

PG Russell Westbrook (See him as a combo)

SG Eric Gordon

SG Andre Iguodala (Defensive purposes)

SF Kevin Durant

SF Carmelo Anthony

SF Rudy Gay

PF Blake Griffin

PF Kevin Love

PF Amare Stoudemire

PF LaMarcus Aldridge

It might be slightly scary not having true centers, but I think Amare Stoudemire and LaMarcus are fairly ideal in the middle as far as the international game is concerned. Not to mention, Griffin and Love will throw bows with anyone. This team would maybe not have the prolific shooting some of the other countries have from the guard position, but their speed and athleticism would make them terrors on defense and in transition. Also, I would expect every SF on the team to be incredibly potent from the international three point line (Which I believe is still at 22 feet). Well, it will be something to look forward to, hope we have a healthy and solid squad to take on the world with in 2012.

yaboymal
mikeyv

Your ultimate team usa roster is great I would choose the exact same team. I just have one quetion on your roster with the 6 key players missing you wouldnt want a shot blocking big man like Tyson Chandler. Although im pretty sure the combination of Athleticism and Strength between Aldridge,Love,Stoudemire, and Griffin is more than enought to hold down the paint and bang with the european players it would actually work to there advantage since the fiba game is more physical all those guys are bulls

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
I did think about Tyson Chandler

But, I think that they would still have shot blocking presences in Amare and LaMarcus. Defense could be an issue though, and Tyson Chandler would be great as far as that is concerned. I just wonder how much he would really play on a roster like Team USA, though. Seems like he might have kind of a minimal impact with all of the talent and versatility Team USA would more than likely have.

Memphis Madness
Let's bring our best!

We need a lot of our top guys like Wade, LeBron, Howard, Kobe, Durant, Carmelo, Blake Griffin, and Amare.
If we bring a second or third tier team, it won't be a cakewalk.

If Kobe, Wade, and Lebron don't play this might be the team:

Guards:

Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
James Harden
Steph Curry

Forwards:

Iggy
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
Durant