Vid: Kobe sick 360 dunk at camp yesterday

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
Vid: Kobe sick 360 dunk at camp yesterday

NJHooper95
NJHooper95's picture
Looks more explosive- Lebron not the best

People have short memories. This guy has been the best player in the league the last 7-8 years hands down. People forget Kobe hasnt been healthy in the last 3 and half seasons. He never made a an excuse still went and performed. I think he still has the torch. Everybody has given it to Lebron. Sure Lebron is bigger, stronger, and faster, than Kobe, but Lebron has been that way since he probably entered the league.

Still his Jumper is suspect, no go to move, no post game, and he is not that clutch. Yet he is the best player in the league. Is he the most talented, no question, will he get better, more than likely.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
Well said NJHooper95 Kobe was

Well said NJHooper95

Kobe was still a Top 5 scorer last year with limited practice time and a bum knee. With that new therapy and more rest than usual because of the lockout, he knee will be stronger and should come back better than last year.

Kobe is having a much better aging transition than LeBron will have. Kobe is no longer the explosive guy he used to be, but he was always very skilled. His footwork is amazing, and he's a good shooter.

I don't think LeBron's going to be very good at 33. He's been in the league 8 years now, and still has yet to add any semblace of a post game. He's very strong, but doesn't know how to use his strength in the post vs. smaller opponents, and he has no post moves. His footwork is suspect, and although his jumpshot has improved tremendously since he entered the league, it's still pretty streaky. Some games, he's on fire showing DEEP range making unreal 3's in people's faces. Other games, he's missing open shots and passing up open jumpers, like all of the Finals.

And I know many of you can't believe it, but LeBron is ALREADY on the decline. Now, instead of blowing by people like he used to, he's usually barreling into people when he drives, usually resulting in turnovers and charges. He's mostly just a jumpshooter now. I mean, he couldn't even get past Jason Kidd in the Finals. I know Kidd is a pretty good defender, but he's old, and nowhere near as quick as LeBron used to be. He couldn't even get past Peja when he was guarding him. And even on one play, JJ Barea was on him, LeBron tried to get past him, but couldn't and almost got called for a charge, and settled for a jumpshot. Just watch this video of his epic performance in the ECF v. the Pistons in 2007.

He was getting past Tayshaun Prince (a good defender) at will. LeBron is no longer capable of doing that.

My point is, when LeBron J isn't going in (The Finals), he's basically useless on offense. LeBron's going ta have a MUCH WORSE decline than Kobe once he's his age.

And I already know the LeBron nut-huggers are gonna say I'm hating, but I'm just going by what I see. Just because I tell what I see, doesn't mean I'm hating (even though I'm not a LeBron fan). And they're going to try to come up with excuses like saying Dwyane Wade is the cause of this. How does having another superstar on your team prevent you from driving to the basket? Doesn't make any sense.

And let me tell y'all something, LeBron was NOT PLAYING SMART BASKETBALL IN THE FINALS! There was a reason he wasn't playing aggressively. It's because he can no longer get past his man. There's no reason a player that's been playing aggressive his whole career would stop in the most important series in his life.

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
Not bad for a guy turning 33

Not bad for a guy turning 33 in a month, lol. This lockout might give Kobe another year or two playing at an elite level just due to the fact he can have a little more time to get his legs back.

Kayjay
Kayjay's picture
NJHooper

I respect the fact your trying to refresh people's memories. But for the most part it looks like you used just another oppurtunity to bash Lebron who has nothing to do with this topic at all.

Furthermore, we all know Kobe can still get up there. Anyone see his dunk at the all star game. (He had several actually.)

NJHooper95
NJHooper95's picture
Kayjay

I dont look at it much as bashing Lebron, as it more praising Kobe. It you read the whole thread, I did say Lebron was the most talented player in the game and I also said that more than likely he will improve. Yet, I feel that injuries have held Kobe back and I think he still has the torch..

NJHooper95
NJHooper95's picture
Wizard you are right

Kobe skill set is crazy and his footwork is amazing. He wont be able to throw down 360s on the regular but his fundamentals will carry him far. Tim Duncan gets a lot of due credit for his fundamentals, but Kobe is one of the fundamentally sound players ever. Oh yeah, Lebron first step is very slow now and thats why he cant drive past anyone. His end to end speed is still very good, but that first step is a bit slow and he is losing explosiveness in his leaping ability.

goat27
I don't think the dunk is

I don't think the dunk is very impressive. 90% of NBA and college players could pull off this dunk. And it is only a 180 not a 360.

andxxx
andxxx's picture
I'd love to see Kobe return

I'd love to see Kobe return to his old form and hopefully he's fully healthy. Lebron has been better than Kobe the past three seasons, to say the only reason he's successful is because of his athleticism doesn't know basketball.

PurpleMonkeyDis...
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher's picture
Kobes Knees

Kobes knees will never be better than what they were this past season. Arthritics knees do not improve with age, they only get worse. The fact that he was trying experimental procedures on them in Germany is not a good sign. Bryant will still be a quality player for a few more years... but it's in his retirement that he'll probably end up having knee replacement just for quality of life purposes. Right now Kobe is experiencing "bone on bone" rubbing on his knees that can be treated for a while but they will forever be a problem for himn.

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
Don't mean to be a hater but

Don't mean to be a hater but I know guys who are 5'8 that can do that. Still he does it with such grace and style.

TeamShowtimeLakers
TeamShowtimeLakers's picture
YES!

i aint seen kobe jump that high in a while...hope he keeps it up.

Cardinal_Fan
????

Did that guy call Kobe's jumper suspect???? Smdh

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
^^ I think he was talking

^^ I think he was talking about LeBron.

aamir543
aamir543's picture
Wow, German's are changing

Wow, German's are changing the NBA.

iguapops420
iguapops420's picture
2 championships out of the

2 championships out of the past 3 seasons says kobe has been better than LBJ save for this year. And that's been with injury the whole time. Remember, only kings have rings. 1,2,3,4,5

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
Some of you are missing the

Some of you are missing the point... It's not about the dunk being amazing or what not (still it's a good dunk). It's the fact that a 33 year old man who's played meaningful basketball since 17 years old and who now has a bone on bone kneecap still has a 35-40 inch vertical. He wasn't wearing a brace or sleeve on that right knee either.

That sure is impressive to me.

DMV_LeGenD
DMV_LeGenD's picture
^^ Exactly. I posted it

^^ Exactly. I posted it because I haven't seen Kobe get up like that in a long time, and I'm happy he can still do dunks like this. It was refreshing that he wasn't wearing a sleeve or brace on that knee like you said.

IndianaBasketball
And @PurpleMonkey You make

And @PurpleMonkey

You make Kobe's bone on bone condition sound worse than Brandon Roy's lol. Kobe is only bone on bone in his right knee and it's only under his patella. It's not thigh bone on shin bone like Roy's. Roy is who will need a knee replacement, not Kobe. Kobe has never torn a meniscus... Never torn an ACL. Never done any damage to his articular cartilage. His biggest problem is probably inflamation under that kneecap since it's worn underneath.

It's not going to get better necesarily, but he can do things to take away the pain and preserve what's there.

bobforte
bobforte's picture
i really dont think kobe's

i really dont think kobe's vert is 40 at this point i would say closer to 35, 36. Still impressive though after how many minutes he's played.

IndianaBasketball
I paused it right during the

I paused it right during the peak of his jump and it looks to be somewhere in between 35-40.

iguapops420
iguapops420's picture
I'm with you Indiana. For a

I'm with you Indiana. For a guy who never had the greatest length, still getting that kind of ups is pretty incredible. Look at most of the guys who came in with Kobe or even years later who were even better athletes like T-Mac and VC. Just like Kobe said, there is no reason for him to be still running with these young pups, but somehow, through sheer determination and will he's still going strong. Makes you wonder if he were to get a real pg that could maximize his abilities off ball into his old age the way a guy like Paul Pierce has been able to with Rondo, just how many more years he really has left.

RSS: Syndicate content