Vassilis Kavvadas Mix - He Should Be On The 2013 Mock Drafts

European Baller
Vassilis Kavvadas Mix - He Should Be On The 2013 Mock Drafts

tiberius
Hey bro, most european

Hey bro, most european players don't really translate well into the nba because their games are different. I think that Vassilis is fit for the european game, not really for the nba. If you watch euroleague basketball you'll see that the defense is more team oriented in a zone which allows inferior players (talent wise) to shine. In the nba where people pay to see matchups between the greatest players in the world, you'll have Vassilis defending a player 1 on 1 who is way more athletic and longer than him. He looks athletic relative to the rest of the euro ballers but his shortcomings will be exposed when he plays against even the most raw nba talent. Individually he just doesn't match what you can find in the draft that has his same age. Furthermore he looks really raw offensively using his physical tools and athleticism to overpower players to get to the basket. In the nba a little weasel like Rondo would steal the ball from him so fast that he'd have to call the cops.

I think he's a great player but he doesn't fit the nba mold. He would enjoy a much more successful and pleasent career in europe then in the united states.

King Calucha
King Calucha's picture
I have to admit that Kavvadas

I have to admit that Kavvadas looks like a good player (for Europe). He can block shots (2.1 per 40 minutes is OK), but I'd like to see him defending 1vs1 in the post. Also... 6'8'' is a bit short even for a PF.

Another problem is that most of his offense comes from pick n rolls and bullying... he'll not be allowed to do that so easily in the NBA. At best, he could be taken with a late 2nd round pick and expect him to develop into a serviceable defensive role player.

European Baller
Kavvadas is 6-9, not 6-8.

Kavvadas is 6-9, not 6-8. Also, what is not shown in that video is that he's a decent free throw shooter, has a decent jum shot from 12-15 feet, and that he's also a really good passer. I find it funny people claiming that he can't play in the NBA........really? This is AGE 20, AGE 20 platying against Euroleague champions Olympiacos (full of NBA draft picks, former NBA players, guys that have turned down NBA contracts, etc.).....and Lithuanian national team, which is one of the best national teams in the world and only lost to Team USA by 5 points at the 2012 Olympics. These clips are from a guy that is equivalent to the age of a college sophmore.............. 99% of NCAA college sophmores would not even sniff the court for a team like Panionios in the first place. And I absolutely guarantee that, and anyone that thinks otherwise is a complete clown. Look at the list of scrubs in the NBA....ever team has several on their roster, and you are telling me a 6-9 PF that is a beast in low post, a beast on defense, a beast on the boards, can shoot free throws, has a 12-15 foot jumper, and is an excellent passer can't play in the NBA? Yeah, whatever. At the level Kavvadas is playing at in those clips is against competition that even many of the biggest NCAA stars would not even be on the court. GET SERIOUS. Saying he would see "much better competition" than that in the NBA. Oh yes, "much better" than the Euroleague champions and the freaking Lithuanian national team...........I get a good laugh out of that. You can't be freaking serious. He is rejecting numerous NBA players and draft picks in those clips, but it is "he obviously could not do that against NBA players"...............This forum is a joke.

Choppy
Choppy's picture
Kavvadas

He's physical for a Euro, I'll give him that. He seems like he'd be a servicable NBA role player once he got adjusted to the style of the NBA. It would be a long adjustment period for him too as his strengths seem to be enhanced by the rules employed in the European competition.

For example, I noticed one blatant example of where Kavvadas camped under the basket (at about 1:45 I think) waiting for someone to drive on him and block their shot (which he did). If he tried that in the NBA, he'd be called for a 3 second violation. His game seems to rely a lot on timing his jump to perfection, which he can do if coming towards the player, but will be less effective in a post up situation. I think he would be more effective as a help defender where he isn't being posted up. I would also like to see some actual post moves, not just overpowering smaller opponents.

Also, I noticed two occasions where he set screens that would be illegal in the NBA.

Not saying he couldn't make it in the NBA but he'd have a lot of work to do to get there and a big adjustment once he did.

King Calucha
King Calucha's picture
You have over 2000 negatives

You have over 2000 negatives and... your argument is that this forum is a joke. I really don't want to be disrespectful to you, but ... do you really think nobody knows about basketball except for you? You're really funny, sir. Have a nice day.

Lebron's Hairline
Lebron's Hairline's picture
He thinks every european

He thinks every european player is an NBA prospect. He's very biased so guys let's not argue with him, it will never end

RSS: Syndicate content