This topic contains 50 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar koejooa9 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    KimeSo
    Participant

The Utah Jazz enters the 2012-13 season with a tremendous coaching staff. In 2011, the Jazz had the opportunity to both pick up a veteran coach, and a coach with an established relationship with Tyrone Corbin. I am talking about Sidney Lowe.

As a player Lowe had an impressive run with North Carolina State, being a part of a team that would lead them to National Championship in 1983. Lowe started his career in the NBA in 1983 when drafted by the Chicago Bulls, and traded to Indiana. From 1983 to 1985 would play with Indiana, Detroit, and Atlanta. Lowe moved into the CBA from 1985-1988 leading his teams to three consecutive CBA titles. Sidney eventually played alongside Coach Corbin in Minnesota during the 1989-90 season. Regardless of his flashes of great play in the CBA, as an NBA player his stats were not particularly notable.

Sidney Lowe began his coaching career in the 1992-93 season with the Minnesota Timberwolves. During his years as a coach he would spend time as an NCAA coach with North Carolina State, and time as an NBA coach with Minnesota, Vancouver, Detroit, and the Utah Jazz. His two most notable seasons came as an assistant coach under Flip Saunders leading teams to Conference Finals in both Minnesota 03-05, and Detroit 05-06.

During the span of his coaching career he has spent ten years as an assistant coach, and eight years as a head coach. He brings an extensive veteran level of coaching to the Utah Jazz. His ability to coach players at every level, from rookie to veteran is a pivotal part of ensuring the Jazz maintains a cohesive unit. Lowe’s experience also helps create a conducive environment for developing young talent. Sidney Lowe is a brilliant part of the Utah Jazz coaching staff, and is one of the reasons the Jazz offers one of the best combinations in the country.

UUMUYYOSA
    Participant

thank men

ZYHEHEWA
    Participant

The Utah Jazz enters the 2012-13 season with a tremendous coaching staff. In 2011, the Jazz had the opportunity to both pick up a veteran coach, and a coach with an established relationship with Tyrone Corbin. I am talking about Sidney Lowe.

BELLY333333
    Participant

Utah Jazz 2012 Coaching Spotlight

BELLY333333
    Participant

As a player Lowe had an impressive run with North Carolina State

NooMMMA
    Participant

During the span of his coaching career he has spent ten years as an assistant coach, and eight years as a head coach.

joslisneo3eii3
      Participant

”I like what we’re doing,” said Antawn Jamison, who scored seven points while starting in Gasol’s spot. ”This is a veteran team. We know when to turn the light switch on. Once we get everybody healthy, I think the chemistry is going to be there. We know what we need to improve on. It’s going to work for us.”

koejooa9
        Participant

During the span of his coaching career he has spent ten years as an assistant coach, and eight years as a head coach. He brings an extensive veteran level of coaching to the Utah Jazz. His ability to coach players at every level, from rookie to veteran is a pivotal part of ensuring the Jazz maintains a cohesive unit. Lowe’s experience also helps create a conducive environment for developing young talent. Sidney Lowe is a brilliant part of the Utah Jazz coaching staff, and is one of the reasons the Jazz offers one of the best combinations in the country.

Louise Mcallister
      Participant

During the span of his coaching career he has spent ten years as an assistant coach, and eight years as a head coach.

aiwosaogewao
    Participant

As a player Lowe had an impressive run with North Carolina State, being a part of a team that would lead them to National Championship in 1983. Lowe started his career in the NBA in 1983 when drafted by the Chicago Bulls, and traded to Indiana. From 1983 to 1985 would play with Indiana, Detroit, and Atlanta. Lowe moved into the CBA from 1985-1988 leading his teams to three consecutive CBA titles. Sidney eventually played alongside Coach Corbin in Minnesota during the 1989-90 season. Regardless of his flashes of great play in the CBA, as an NBA player his stats were not particularly notable.

kdooa0383883
    Participant

read it

TWINTA
      Participant

what?

cafgyg232322afa
    Participant

There are two ways to look at being on a new team with a one-year contract. One approach would be to want to showcase an individual game to earn the attention of a new team next summer. Brand points out that few teams will have as much cap space as Dallas, so the better way to approach the season might be to understand that a player who fits in and shares the bigger team goals might be in Dallas long-term.

hgghda
      Participant

Sidney Lowe began his coaching career in the 1992-93 season with the Minnesota Timberwolves. During his years as a coach he would spend time as an NCAA coach with North Carolina State, and time as an NBA coach with Minnesota, Vancouver, Detroit, and the Utah Jazz. His two most notable seasons came as an assistant coach under Flip Saunders leading teams to Conference Finals in both Minnesota 03-05, and Detroit 05-06.

poweisa
      Participant

leohusaozao
    Participant

Well, the dust has settled on free agency and training camp is underway, yet the Western Conference’s most star-powered lineup is in Los Angeles, not Dallas.

RockGAGAEWAWW
    Participant

Which brings me to a blog post penned by Darnell Mayberry, a well-respected NBA beat writer who covers the Oklahoma City Thunder for The Oklahoman. Yesterday, upon hearing the news that Royce White, a rookie who was recently drafted by the Houston Rockets, did not show up to training camp, Mayberry authored a controversial column. Here is the link.

DWAGAAEEEA
    Participant

From the very early looks of things, Waiters could be one of those guys who spends his rookie season scoring 20 points one game and three the next. That makes him not much different than a lot of top 10 picks.

DWAGAAEEEA
    Participant

Well, everyone except Rondo.

bs433
      Participant

New York’s Carmelo Anthony also scored 24 points, but the Knicks dropped their first game of the preseason, losing 107-88 to Toronto. While the Knicks lost their first preseason game, the Lakers dropped their fifth straight, falling to 0-5 in the preseason. Kobe Bryant scored 22 points, but Los Angeles lost 103-98 to the Kings.

gar3w222
    Participant

Shaq is probably right. Howard needs to win, and a lot. Otherwise, the experiment will have failed. That’s just the way it goes with the Lakers. They expect championships.

QONQONSA
    Participant

The starting job is Fields’ to lose and there are no indications that will happen.

TWTWWA
    Participant

That seemed to be the concern among most fans, and they can stop worrying. His conditioning is no longer an issue.

BringWinBingo
    Participant

Shaq is probably right. Howard needs to win, and a lot. Otherwise, the experiment will have failed. That’s just the way it goes with the Lakers. They expect championships.

paoywooa
    Participant

LOLLLLLLL

springkate
    Participant

Bryant said that Nash plays the game at a different level than most and makes everybody on the floor with him a better player.

MOMING
    Participant

Drummond said he was more excited about his blocks than his alley-oop dunks.

gf3e232332
    Participant

It’s more than the benefit of his opinions and enjoyment of his personality; it appears Perkins may have the heart of a teacher.

bskoeoke
    Participant

With the Suns demonstrating enough trust to give up the ball to the high post more frequently in Friday’s second half, corner-screen opportunities led to several easy third-quarter buckets. Phoenix shot 62 percent in that period and rang up 30 points.

os3828282
    Participant

“I tell Steve, you won MVP but I was playing with Smush Parker,” Bryant said. “He’s playing with [Leandro] Barbosa. I’m playing with Smush and Kwame [Brown]. My goodness. Smush Parker was the worst. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA, but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. We let him walk on.”

lwokesa
    Participant

“It was just a good win,” Gentry said. “I think for us … we’re trying to create a winning environment, so first and foremost, I think you have to do it at home.”

NGWOLF
    Participant

After recently rolling out an updated Top-150 Overall rankings, we’ve begun breaking down the performers at each individual position. The guards were ranked from #1 through #50 last Friday. Today it’s time to grade the forwards.

PAIDUDU
    Participant

Leave it to the man who speaks English as a second language to explain this better than anyone has in the past three weeks.

DunLi
    Participant

“I learned a lot when I was with the Suns, especially from Steve, but it was hard,” Dragic told HOOPSWORLD. “You get maybe 10, 15 minutes per game and you try to get as many points as you can in those minutes. But last year with Houston, I got more minutes and I was the starter for the last 21 games. When you have 30-35 minutes per game, you’re not rushing your shot and you try to involve your teammates. Then, your shots are going to come. I learned from that experience a lot and now I’m here and trying to do the same thing.”

LIPKOOE
    Participant

Olshey went to work right away preparing for the NBA draft, and went on to land guards Damian Lillard and Will Barton and center Meyers Leonard. Olshey also won a chess match with Minnesota to keep Batum, who was a restricted free agent

TWINTA
    Participant

Aldridge is coming off offseason surgery to repair a slight labral tear in his right hip, a procedure he said was proactive. While he was a finalist for the U.S. Olympic team, Aldridge’s recovery prevented him from earning a spot on the squad that won the gold medal in London.

Ray Sloan
    Participant

And even when the Wizards have eased into their halfcourt offense, Beal has shown he’s capable of fitting in, particularly when shooting from the perimeter.

hfda323
    Participant

“I’m a basketball player,” Smith told Chris Haynes of Comcast Sports. “Wherever coach puts me at on the floor, I’m going to play it with the best of my ability. It doesn’t matter where I’m at.”

osoe83838
    Participant

Hakeem Olajuwon will turn 50 years old in January, yet he ran circles around New York Knicks big man Amar’e Stoudemire in workouts over the summer. The modern NBA big man simply isn’t built the way they were a decade or two ago.

sa3234234
    Participant

And it’s that versatility that is going to pay the biggest dividends for Green in 2011-12.

Green isn’t known as a great defender, but he did hold small forwards to a 7.8 Player Efficiency Rating while he was with the Celtics in 2011 (the league average is 15).

vsfd3323223
    Participant

“It did help me,” Smith said. “All summer, being with the team and knowing what they want from me. It’s just about knowing the system, what they want defensive-wise.”

And it’s defense that will get Smith his shot at a full-time spot on the Rockets, should they decide to keep him on beyond the preseason. That’s a major part of his approach to these exhibition games.

boaokeooa
    Participant

Taking a look at each NBA players’ “True Shooting Percentage,” which takes into account field goals, free throws and three-point shots, we start to find a little more value in Harden. Last season he ranked fourth in the NBA, trailing only Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak and Manu Ginobili with a .660 TSP. The next chart down is number of wins added, where Harden (10.0) ranks third among shooting guards behind Dwyane Wade (12.8) and Kobe Bryant (12.7). Now we’re starting to see why Houston thinks Harden has a great deal more upside than he has shown in his first three seasons.

boaokeooa
    Participant

It was a surprise when the Toronto Raptors took Terrence Ross eighth overall at the NBA Draft in June, but after hearing head coach Dwane Casey’s explanation, the pick made sense for Toronto. Casey had scouted Ross personally before last year’s lockout-shortened season got underway and the young wing had exceeded expectations during his sophomore season at Washington.

sgsr2323223
    Participant

The other part is you just can’t make a three and give up a three at the other end every possession. He is learning, believe me. This doesn’t mean Terrence Ross is not going to play for us or not a part of it. He is going to be big for us. He is our future, but right now he is just a typical rookie and you could stop every play for him [to teach]. He is learning.”

ro838382
    Participant

Beyond Green, though, the Celtics look like the deepest team in the East. They are able to go two and sometimes three players deep at literally every position, which means despite being an older team, they’ve got plenty of backup plans should things go wrong. Not all the backups are ideal, but they’ve certainly got more talent in the wings than most other teams in the league. Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce only have a couple more shots at this, which makes it a really good thing that they improved upon the group that lost in the Conference Finals last year.

cliwanteng
    Participant

“Competing from Jose and Kyle, to me and DeMar [DeRozan], to Amir [Johnson] and [Andrea] Bargnani, we are competing all the way across the board,” Anderson said. “It is a big difference [from last year] because guys are actually trying to [help] each other get better and want to play and prove that they can play.”

sahwaa
    Participant

It was a surprise when the Toronto Raptors took Terrence Ross eighth overall at the NBA Draft in June, but after hearing head coach Dwane Casey’s explanation, the pick made sense for Toronto. Casey had scouted Ross personally before last year’s lockout-shortened season got underway and the young wing had exceeded expectations during his sophomore season at Washington.

lakers23f
    Participant

utah gonna rock this year..

poweisa
    Participant

koejooa9
    Participant

koejooa9
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login